• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh and Wade are not just going to be great again. They might be able to give u 1 game but I don't see 3. I don't see spurs losing 3 in a row and 2 at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat offense outside of the last time isn't the issue really. You guys are focusing on the wrong side of the ball. If the heat pull this off it will be due to the defense

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat got this. Its all on our defense. Cant allow 100+ pts

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heat needed to win 2 in a row last year vs spurs and 2 in a row 2 years ago against Celtics. what's another game? we got this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both were to retire, the Spurs would have the money to get into the LBJ chase. Somehow I don't think you thought about that.

Where would he play? Lebron can play the 3 or the 1. You have Parker and Kawhi. Besides, Kawhi's still on his rookie deal. You'll need to resign him as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 teams have won playoffs series after being down 3-1. It is not impossible. No team did it in the finals because of the format which would require you to win B2B games on the road in games 6 & 7 but now with the format change, it will happen in the finals eventually

Definitely not impossible, it's just that it hasn't been done in the Finals as teams that make it that deep, usually deserve to be in the Finals.

Miami can come back in this series. Law of averages would say that the Spurs should start hitting some slumps in shooting, although I highly doubt it. If Bosh and Wade decide to show up, this can definitely be a series again. But the Heat have to get out of whatever funk has crept on them. Miami also has to get back to defense, and Spoelstra's going to have to modify his rotations from the getgo. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the sheer definition of insanity.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would he play? Lebron can play the 3 or the 1. You have Parker and Kawhi. Besides, Kawhi's still on his rookie deal. You'll need to resign him as well.

30 teams would make room to sign LeBron. He will literally choose where he goes. I hope he stays in Miami. Miami comes back and wins this thing, it is all but guaranteed he stays another season. But if the more likely scenario occurs and the Spurs win, I am a bit worried. More worried than I was a few weeks ago. Wade needs to agree to take less. I'm not sure he will. Wade has 3 titles... he needs to take about a 8 million dollar pay cut. Will he sacrifice 16 million over 2 years for a shot at more rings? I don't know... 3 rings and 16 million sounds like a winner over POSSIBLY more rings and less money. Ask Kobe. Sometimes it is better to sleep on a bed of money.

But Miami will have money to spend this offseason.. Only Wade/Bosh/Lebron/Birdman/Haslem/Cole and Hamilton have contracts for next year right now. Hamilton is a team option.. which they likely don't exercise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't going anywhere. If anything Wade will consider retirement because his body is done and be replaced by Carmelo who stated today in reports he is leaning towards leaving New York. He doesn't want to play in the triangle offense and he'll take over Wade's spot and role. If Pat Riley lures Pau Gasol to the Heat, you'll be back to the Finals before you know it, Flauge.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro-

if we keep LeBron we will be back. the east is weak.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not impossible, it's just that it hasn't been done in the Finals as teams that make it that deep, usually deserve to be in the Finals.

Miami can come back in this series. Law of averages would say that the Spurs should start hitting some slumps in shooting, although I highly doubt it. If Bosh and Wade decide to show up, this can definitely be a series again. But the Heat have to get out of whatever funk has crept on them. Miami also has to get back to defense, and Spoelstra's going to have to modify his rotations from the getgo.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the sheer definition of insanity.

Spoelstras mindset should be to live and die with 4 players.
The Big 3 & Ray Allen.

After that, the rotation should be decided during every segment between timeouts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stop scrambling on defense we can win this series for sure

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be nice to see some sense of urgency tomorrow also. I saw none on thursday

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwahi Leonard has been done an excellent job grauding Lebron and thing that Lebron need to do is to get Kwahi in foul trouble like in game 1 and 2. If Kwahi gets in foul trouble, then I think the Heat would when but Lebron would need to repeat what he did in the 3rd qtr of game 2 when Diaw was grauding him. I also believe if the Spurs gain a 10+ lead at anytime, then I think the series is over because I don't think they have the will to try to comeback again.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand I feel that you totally cannot count out a b2b champion, especially this heat team, but Bill Simmons brought up a painful memory the other night...this series reminds me of Det/LA 2004. LA won game 2 by the skin of their teeth and everyone assumed that they were back in control. With every following game, I kept saying that there's NO WAY that they'll lose the next game, and you truly didn't realize how over the series was until Detroit was up by like 30 something in game 5. Out of respect, I still give Miami a chance...but I just get the feeling that if the Spurs jump out on the Heat early, it won't end pretty

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs at anytime jump out to a lead of 10+ pts its over. Miami then starts playing sloppy and changes up their game plan. Miami has to take the early lead. Miam will win game 5 and in return force a game 7.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say the game is over due to a possible 10 point lead in the first quarter is stupid

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be positive when you were thoroughly outclassed the last two games.

ibgJ756W5Dtevz.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stop scrambling on defense we can win this series for sure

They aren't scrambling. It's not like they are a mess out there. It just looks that way because the Spurs are carving them up. San Antonio is using Miami's tactics against them. I saw it some in game 3 and definitely saw it unfold in game 4. The Spurs are attacking Miami's 3rd and 4th help defensive rotations. Miami is an excellent defensive team that helps a lot because they're aggressive attacking the pick and roll. SA knows that and are bending Miami to take advantage of it. Once Miami attacks the pick, SA is dumping the ball to wherever the help rotation is. And because that help defender had to rotate from his original man (who is now open), SA is then firing the ball off to that open man. No team is fast enough to keep up with all those rotations and recoveries if every pass in on point (which they are).

Miami looks deflated and confused afterwards because they literally don't know what else to do. They're doing what they've been taught to do. It's really hard to scrap your core principles after 4 straight Finals because one team has the perfect balance and discipline to pick it apart. I think at best is all they can do is continue playing how they are but mix in some other basic defensive looks with the slim chance it throws SA off. It might work for a game or two, but I don't see it working for 3 straight.

Last edited by a moderator: