• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 would be Friday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought game 6 was on Tuesday and 7 on Thursday. I'm not worried about either, just game 5.

Nope they changed it since there is now travel between Games 6 & 7 so they give the teams an extra day off.

But yeah I'm just worried about game 5. We must get off to a good start which we have yet to do in any of games

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this only because it's true. Miami will definitely have to go back to the drawing board this offseason.

Anyone who blames refs for the last two games are just........I can't find the words. I think the Spurs maturation coupled with a perfect balance of youth and experience, Kawhi coming into his own, Timmy still playing at a high level along with Parker and Manu playing consistently hinges on that epic collapse in game 6 last season.

For the Heat's sake next year, I'm hoping Manu and Tim hang it up after this Finals. Can't imagine not wanting to go out on top.

If both were to retire, the Spurs would have the money to get into the LBJ chase. Somehow I don't think you thought about that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 teams have been down 3-1 in the NBA finals.. 31 teams have failed.

Time to make history. HEAT in 7!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is going to play their best game of the series tmr. I'm not sure if it will be good enough but if Miami wins ( big IF) tmr it is going to a game 7

I think the part that says to me that this series is over(even though it isn't and it is possible for the Heat to recover) is that the Heat has never won by a large number to the Spurs. They barely beat them in their won win and got blown out substantially in the last two games. It is a strange thing but that's what happened to the Lakers in 2005 when Karl Malone went down. In this case everyone is playing but it appears to me that the Heat were playing as hard as they could all season just to maintain their same level as before and I have seen that with the Lakers

Once a team becomes a champion, everyone comes at you twice as hard and it's twice as hard just to win the regular games and then there is nothing to elevate your game in the playoffs. Truthfully - I think It may have went against the Heat to not have had stronger opponents in the first three rounds. They need the diversity to get over the last series.

The Spurs have surprised everyone though even though many of us expected it out of them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 teams have been down 3-1 in the NBA finals.. 31 teams have failed.

Time to make history. HEAT in 7!!!

Fantasyland in Disneyland is always a nice place for children, but it doesn't tread water in the real world

It's over

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. we win tomorrow.. and we win game 6. Spurs epic finals collapse part 2... up next.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. we win tomorrow.. and we win game 6. Spurs epic finals collapse part 2... up next.

You don't know what heart is if you actually think the Heat have even close to what the Spurs have.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what heart is if you actually think the Heat have even close to what the Spurs have.

im sorry.. did the spurs beat us last year? Or did they choke it away?

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted this series would end in 4 or 5 with the Spurs winning for the following reasons:

Reason 1-3 Spurs are a much better team. Unselfish, smart, and experienced

Reason 4 Miami is no longer playing great defense and the Spurs offense is amazing

Reason 5 Miami has logged alot of minutes over the last four years and they are just not sharp.

Reason 6 Spurs are displaying a focus and determination that is pretty unbeatable when you combine it with how good they are.

It stings to lose in the finals like this, but congrats to the Spurs. They have great fans and a fantastic team. I am glad it was them and not some team whose fanbase is chalked full of assholes like the Pacers, Lakers, or Bulls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted this series would end in 4 or 5 with the Spurs winning for the following reasons:

Reason 1-3 Spurs are a much better team. Unselfish, smart, and experienced

Reason 4 Miami is no longer playing great defense and the Spurs offense is amazing

Reason 5 Miami has logged alot of minutes over the last four years and they are just not sharp.

Reason 6 Spurs are displaying a focus and determination that is pretty unbeatable when you combine it with how good they are.

It stings to lose in the finals like this, but congrats to the Spurs. They have great fans and a fantastic team. I am glad it was them and not some team whose fanbase is chalked full of assholes like the Pacers, Lakers, or Bulls.

Thanks for the reminder:

Public Service Announcement for Heat Fans/Lebroniacs:

Assuming the Heat do not beat the odds and do end up losing: Be prepared. There is likely a shitstorm headed your way. All of the smacktalk, disparaging other posters teams and players, calling other posters liars when told why they don't like your team and/or telling them what are "acceptable reasons", etc. that many of you have been doing for the past 4 years is all going to be paid back in full, plus interest.

For the more easily butthurt amongst you (like the Heat fan quoted) you may want to consider a break from the boards for awhile. Either that or man up and take it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread separates the bandwagon heat fans and the real heat fans lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread separates the bandwagon heat fans and the real heat fans lol

Very true. Real Heat fans (such as yourself) are not giving up until the Spurs actually get that 4th win. That's what real fans do!!

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the reminder:

Public Service Announcement for Heat Fans/Lebroniacs:

Assuming the Heat do not beat the odds and do end up losing: Be prepared. There is likely a shitstorm headed your way. All of the smacktalk, disparaging other posters teams and players, calling other posters liars when told why they don't like your team and/or telling them what are "acceptable reasons", etc. that many of you have been doing for the past 4 years is all going to be paid back in full, plus interest.

For the more easily butthurt amongst you (like the Heat fan quoted) you may want to consider a break from the boards for awhile. Either that or man up and take it.[/QUOTE
Oh I will man up but I dont need to take the shit talking lying down.