• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think people who watched cbs new how to use a computer. their audience has to be the oldest of any channel

cbs doesnt have a bunch of little punks spweing bullshit on the board..

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller was amnestied by Miami in July of last year and then signed with Memphis as a UFA.

He's still on the Heats books next season.
Had 2 years remaining when he was amnestied.
Doesn't count against the cap ....but is the reason he can't play here next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller was amnestied by Miami in July of last year and then signed with Memphis as a UFA.

Also.
Makes out like a bandit.
He gets to double dip and get paid twice, by 2 different teams.:yahoo:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping. Miami hasn't given me much hope in the last 24 hours. But then again, I said somewhere in this thread that Miami would have to win 2 games in San Antonio.

Miami lost by 36 last yr in game 3 so we improved but we could've won both games in san antonio so I think if we win tmr, we will win one of the final w in san Antonio

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hoping. But the SPurs need to win 4 games.. not 2. Miami is capable of winning in SA and will likely win tomorrow.. I don't think Miami is panicking one bit right now.

This is about the only way to look at it right now.
Win or lose, they are in for one hell of a dog fight from these Spurs.

Biggest problem is, that so far, the Spurs are appearing to be the better team....
and, I'm not going to read back all of what was written last night.....but if anyone is/was blaming the refs.....all I can say is SERIOUSLY?

The Heat came out in pre season mindset mode.
Nobody to blame but themselves.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Lebron fan. But I still want the Spurs to win. The Heat have already won two in a row. Let someone else take the NBA Championship for a while. This ain't the 80's, and early 90's for crying out loud.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami wins this at home in Game 6. Book it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hoping. But the SPurs need to win 4 games.. not 2. Miami is capable of winning in SA and will likely win tomorrow.. I don't think Miami is panicking one bit right now.

idk because if the spurs win tomorrow and go up 3-1 with the remaining 2-3 games being in san antonio I would say this series is over. they can win in san antonio but I dont think they can beat the spurs 3 straight times

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spurs only need to win 2 out of the next four games, miami needs to win three our of 4. So I dont know why you are saying the spurs need to win 4. they are half way there.

As soon as the league handed down the fine to Wade for his girlish flopping the heat lose their edge.

For christs sakes guys, you are supposed to be some of the most fit athletes on the planet. When you fall down, get yourself back up. This sitting on the court til your team mates run over to help you stand again is just plain stupid, tiring.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@anotheridiot I will say i agree with the whole sitting down thing. Especially when a play is still going and they sit there waiting looking at the ref.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@anotheridiot I will say i agree with the whole sitting down thing. Especially when a play is still going and they sit there waiting looking at the ref.

Yep, which is part of the reason why I don't think we need an in-game penalty for flopping. There already is one. Its called, if the ref manages to see past your flop, you are now laying on the ground and your opponent is in a power play situation.

There are plenty of times when the refs are able to see through the acting job and the person flopping ends up hurting their team. You are risking that any time you attempt a flop.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are f-ing good. Their play making ability is awesome. What a well coached team.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs only need to win 2 out of the next four games, miami needs to win three our of 4. So I dont know why you are saying the spurs need to win 4. they are half way there.

As soon as the league handed down the fine to Wade for his girlish flopping the heat lose their edge.

For christs sakes guys, you are supposed to be some of the most fit athletes on the planet. When you fall down, get yourself back up. This sitting on the court til your team mates run over to help you stand again is just plain stupid, tiring.

To win the NBA finals, you need to win 4 times. Hence the Spurs need to win 4... not 2 (as the currently have).

Yes, Wade getting fined for flopping is what cost Miami game 3. Great point.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win the NBA finals, you need to win 4 times. Hence the Spurs need to win 4... not 2 (as the currently have).

Yes, Wade getting fined for flopping is what cost Miami game 3. Great point.
At this point and time, the Spurs need only 2 to win the NBA Finals.

Sorry Flague but sometimes reality is a bitch!

The plus side for you all, we've seen this story unfold like this once before....

Well except for home court!

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs were put in position where they had to take 1 of 2 in Miami and they did.

Now they still have to make sure not to lose the next 2. Whatever the case may be, do not go to Miami down 3-2. I'm more than happy to take my chances in a Game 7 being played in San Antonio.

Maybe we can break the hot water heater in the visiting team's dressing room this time.

:heh:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant that Spurs need to win 4 games total to win the title as just winning 2 gets you zero titles.

The sentence "the spurs need to win 4 not 2." can be confusing at first glance.

I understood it immediately.

I highly doubt he believes the Spurs need 6 total wins.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant that Spurs need to win 4 games total to win the title as just winning 2 gets you zero titles.

The sentence "the spurs need to win 4 not 2." can be confusing at first glance.

I understood it immediately.

I highly doubt he believes the Spurs need 6 total wins.

I'm beginning to think we should petition for that rule change.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like these games always come down to whoever wins game 5 wins the series. Even if Miami wins the next which I expect they will, the Spurs have games 5 and 7 at home.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I know what a salary cap is, you apparently don't.

so..Anything else you want to tell me about what you know?

Heat look to target Carmelo Anthony
Updated: June 11, 2014, 7:52 PM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein | ESPN.com
4823KCOMMENTS192EMAILPRINT
MIAMI -- The Miami Heat's immediate focus remains overcoming a 2-1 NBA Finals deficit to the San Antonio Spurs, but discussions have begun within the organization about trying to grow their so-called Big Three into a Big Four, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Heat officials and the team's leading players have already started to explore their options for creating sufficient financial flexibility to make an ambitious run at adding New York Knicks scoring machine Carmelo Anthony this summer in free agency.

The mere concept would require the star trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to all opt out of their current contracts by the end of the month and likely take further salary reductions in new deals that start next season to give Miami the ability to offer Anthony a representative first-year salary. The Heat also are prevented from making any formal contact with Anthony until July 1 and can do so then only if he opts out of the final year of his current contract. Anthony has until June 23 to notify the Knicks of his intentions, according to sources.

But the success of the Heat's 2010 free-agent bonanza has established them as the NBA's undisputed destination franchise, with owner Micky Arison empowering big-thinking team president Pat Riley to attempt to pull off another coup in the market despite new collective bargaining agreement rules aimed at preventing it.

Sources say internal conversations within the Heat organization about pursuing this course have run concurrently with Miami's bid to win a third consecutive championship, with sources adding that James in particular is likely to try to recoup potential salary sacrificed through fresh off-court business opportunities if the Heat's new dream scenario does come to fruition.

James' off-court business is booming, thanks to a string of investments paying off massively and the prospect of new opportunities in endorsements and entertainment projects promising to expand his wealth significantly in coming years.

In a recent example, while James was leading the Heat to a victory over the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference finals, sources say the 29-year-old was finalizing what is believed to be the biggest equity cash payout for a professional athlete in history as part of Apple's recent $3 billion purchase of Beats Electronics. Sources briefed on the situation say James realized a profit of more than $30 million in cash and stock in the Beats sale after he had struck a deal to get a small stake in the company at its inception in 2008 in exchange for promoting its high-end headphones.

With cooperation from their stars and role players Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen, who also possess player options for next season, the Heat could open up in excess of $50 million in cap space this summer and have the most financial flexibility in the league. The only Heat player locked into place for next season is Norris Cole at a salary of $2 million, though Riley will have to contend with a handful of cap holds for pending free agents as well as their upcoming first-round pick in the draft later this month (No. 26 overall).