• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Miami wins it again this year, they really need to make some changes for next year and beyond. Keep the Big 3, but Wade needs to take another step back and become the 3rd option and let Bosh be the 2nd. and move Beasley into the 4th option. Wade might be the healthiest this season then he has been in years but he has taken a couple steps back. he isnt able to just turn on and off like he used to. I love Wade, one of my all time favs, but in order to move forward and go for the 4peat, Bosh needs to increase his role.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HEAT's popularity is entirely tied its roster, and specifically Lebron James.
The 2008-2011 Cavaliers were the most popular team in the NBA.

BksBaller was the ONLY Heat fan on the message boards those years.
The entire thing was 99.9999% Laker fans and Cavalier fans.
It was comical seeing the one and only HEAT fan fighting with the giant Cavs fan base.

Only the Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks have a big enough local market and national appeal to maintain universal popularity.

If Lebron leaves, the HEAT will plummet towards the bottom of popularity.
And conversely whatever team Lebron chooses, will skyrocket to #1.

NBA fans tend to be the most flakey and front-running bandwagon by a LARGE LARGE margin.
Otherwise the entire world would be 99.99% Chicago Bulls still.

Absolutely. I still am hoping he goes to my Cavs so he can actually bring a title back to Cleveland but I think the only way is if somehow another big time player joined him, even though they are about to sign Kyrie.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how the Heat's reputation for never losing back-to-back games in the playoffs is now actually kind of a hindrance. Fans and media are taking it for granted that the Heat will bounce back like they always do. I just hope that the Heat players and coaching staff aren't taking it for granted.

I mean, after all, they are playing the one team that came closer than any other to winning consecutive playoff games vs the Heat in the last 3 years. The Spurs were half a minute away from doing just that last year.

Nothing is guaranteed.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordon Miami wins the next 3.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade has got to come out with some zeal and purpose or this series is over.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That about sums it up.

He's killing us with his often lazy, uninspired play.

Forget the stats.
They aren't telling the whole story, when it comes to him.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo needs to put Lebron in the post to start the game where the defense will collapse on him in the paint which will open things up for Wade for his midrange game and for Bosh and Lewis around the 3 point line.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs to be aggressive throughout the game.

Wade needs to come out strong on defense and just be efficient on offense.

Lewis and Allen just keep doing what they are doing.

Haslem and Battier (more Haslem) needs more minutes IMO

Chalmers needs to get going and have some key shots in key moments

Bosh needs more touches, like in Game 1 and 2

Defense! Defense! Defense!

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That about sums it up.

He's killing us with his often lazy, uninspired play.

Forget the stats.
They aren't telling the whole story, when it comes to him.

Wade looks so uninterested out there, you would think it's a preseason game. I'm not sure if it is his age or if he is tired of being second fiddle. My guess, though, is Wade will be as cavalier as always and the Heat will lose this series. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good for the Heat.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs to be aggressive throughout the game.

Wade needs to come out strong on defense and just be efficient on offense.

Lewis and Allen just keep doing what they are doing.

Haslem and Battier (more Haslem) needs more minutes IMO

Chalmers needs to get going and have some key shots in key moments

Bosh needs more touches, like in Game 1 and 2

Defense! Defense! Defense!

Ya, I don't know why Haslem isn't playing more, another dumb move by spo, most likely. Chalmers needs to be benched in favor of Cole, at least Cole is active on defense.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wades defense is what looks lazy. he just sits there and watches them run by. On offense if he doesnt get the foul call he sits and complains to the refs as they are running up court. That canty happen..

BUT the key for Miami tonight is going to be fast break points. Miami didnt have ANY last game. They need to have those and not give them as many off of stupid passes. Turnovers happen, but let them get them off of good steals or blocks, not off of a lazy pass by LBJ, Wade or Chalmers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same i grew up in miami... I can't ever see myself rooting for any other team then all my miami sports teams i grew up watching. Even when my dolphins went 1-15 that year.. My son was born and i still put on a dolphin outfit on him at the hospital... Trust me i heard it from every doctors and nurse.. Of how bad we were.. No matter what will always be a proud miami sports fan.

Living in San Antonio now, I get the bandwagon label thrown out at me. Even though I was raised in South Florida. My only saving grace is that the Dolphins are likely the most consistently mediocre team in football. Hard to call someone a bandwagon fan when they keep sticking with the Phins, year after year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I don't know why Haslem isn't playing more, another dumb move by spo, most likely. Chalmers needs to be benched in favor of Cole, at least Cole is active on defense.

I think this is Mario's last chance to get done, but if Miami loses this it is most likely over. I still think Ray should be the guy to come in and put Wade at the point

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the opinion that his lackadaisical play on both ends of the court is what allowed the Spurs to get in their groove early in game 3.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles Oh come on, you know I have been right every time I make a call. Aint no Jinxing here.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is Mario's last chance to get done, but if Miami loses this it is most likely over. I still think Ray should be the guy to come in and put Wade at the point

That's a good idea. Having Wade handle the ball more as the pg will keep him engaged throughout the game. If Wade feels like a bigger contributor to the offense then his defense will probably improve as well. Ray may just need more playing time period especially against Ginobili since Ray has played pretty good defense on him.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the day off so I'm starting early. Great lineup for sports today. US Open, World Cup Opener, and some basketball game not sure who's playing

IMG_20140526_174347_zps73a8cf45.jpg

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good idea. Having Wade handle the ball more as the pg will keep him engaged throughout the game. If Wade feels like a bigger contributor to the offense then his defense will probably improve as well. Ray may just need more playing time period especially against Ginobili since Ray has played pretty good defense on him.

U do not want Wade as the point. He would turn it over to much. He would try to do to much. I do agree Ray needs more time. I still think Spo should try Oden for like a min or 2 just to see how the team looks.

Also Cole needs to start. He is just a better all around player then Rio.

Miami wins tonight by 10-15. They find their mojo. LBJ doesn't hide tonight. He will be aggressive.