• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U do not want Wade as the point. He would turn it over to much. He would try to do to much. I do agree Ray needs more time. I still think Spo should try Oden for like a min or 2 just to see how the team looks.

Also Cole needs to start. He is just a better all around player then Rio.

Miami wins tonight by 10-15. They find their mojo. LBJ doesn't hide tonight. He will be aggressive.

Still, I would like to see Wade start at the point and see how it goes, I really think it would help him become more interested in the game since he seems very disinterested most of the time.

Oden does need some PT, if only to give the Spurs a different look for a while.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I would like to see Wade start at the point and see how it goes, I really think it would help him become more interested in the game since he seems very disinterested most of the time.

Oden does need some PT, if only to give the Spurs a different look for a while.

Didn't Wade sit out a good portion of games to save his knees? How would a heavier workload help him? The more time you have the ball in your hands the harder you work. Wade's a SG, leave the distribution to LBJ.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Wade sit out a good portion of games to save his knees? How would a heavier workload help him? The more time you have the ball in your hands the harder you work. Wade's a SG, leave the distribution to LBJ.

Right now, I don't think Wade's health is the issue, it's more his attitude. They saved him during the season so he could play heavy minutes in the playoffs, especially the later rounds. Somehow the Heat staff needs to find a way to light a fire underneath Wade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I don't think Wade's health is the issue, it's more his attitude. They saved him during the season so he could play heavy minutes in the playoffs, especially the later rounds.
Somehow the Heat staff needs to find a way to light a fire underneath Wade.[/
QUOTE]

Maybe show him what his future child support tab will be adding up to?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade can't get a fire going for the Finals then I don't know what to tell you lol. It's the pinnacle of competition in his profession.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Wade goes. Maybe we're seeing him get old? One thing we know about older players is that they tend to get old overnight. Look at Steve Nash. The season before the Lakers got him, he was playing at an all-star level. Now, the last 2 seasons, he's suddenly gotten very old.

Wade has played a lot of games and he has always played an attacking style which is hard on his body. He may be the all-time league leader in floor burns with as many times as he ends up on the floor per game. Like Kobe, he has a lot of extra mileage on him from all of the games and his style.

Maybe he just can't "bring it" every game anymore, even being rested throughout the season as he was.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami wins tonight. Even series at 2-2. LBJ will have a good game and either wade or Bosh will have a strong game. No way Miami loses 2 at home.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Wade goes. Maybe we're seeing him get old? One thing we know about older players is that they tend to get old overnight. Look at Steve Nash. The season before the Lakers got him, he was playing at an all-star level. Now, the last 2 seasons, he's suddenly gotten very old.

Wade has played a lot of games and he has always played an attacking style which is hard on his body. He may be the all-time league leader in floor burns with as many times as he ends up on the floor per game. Like Kobe, he has a lot of extra mileage on him from all of the games and his style.

Maybe he just can't "bring it" every game anymore, even being rested throughout the season as he was.

Wade is done. He and Bosh are stealing money from the Heat by collecting their near max contracts.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami wins tonight. Even series at 2-2. LBJ will have a good game and either wade or Bosh will have a strong game. No way Miami loses 2 at home.

I disagree, Miami loses this one and the Spurs finish the Heat in 5. I picked the Spurs in 6 before the series started but I don't see Miami responding in game 4 the way they need to. The Spurs have a strong inside game that gives Miami problems, they have a much much better coach, they are highly motivated giving 100% effort from tip off. On the flip side, Miami has gotten too confident in themselves and have forgotten all the hard work it takes to win a ring, they believe they can just coast for periods of time in the playoffs and still get it done, that shit won't work with the Spurs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and it's a more difficult challenge for Dwyane because he doesn't have the same supreme confidence in his jumpshot that Kobe has and either can't or chooses not to fall back on that aspect of his game as much. His current style is slowly deteriorating.

I disagree, Miami loses this one and the Spurs finish the Heat in 5. I picked the Spurs in 6 before the series started but I don't see Miami responding in game 4 the way they need to. The Spurs have a strong inside game that gives Miami problems, they have a much much better coach, they are highly motivated giving 100% effort from tip off. On the flip side, Miami has gotten too confident in themselves and have forgotten all the hard work it takes to win a ring, they believe they can just coast for periods of time in the playoffs and still get it done, that shit won't work with the Spurs.

As much as I dislike the Heat, I learned my lesson about counting them out. These past 2 Finals have been highly competitive from start to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Miami loses this game. miami wins the series in 6.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and it's a more difficult challenge for Dwyane because he doesn't have the same supreme confidence in his jumpshot that Kobe has and either can't or chooses not to fall back on that aspect of his game as much. His current style is slowly deteriorating.

As much as I dislike the Heat, I learned my lesson about counting them out. These past 2 Finals have been highly competitive from start to finish.

The Heat have had no answer for Boris Diaw, he is killing them with his passing. I don't think Spo knows how to stop this guy. Boris has always been an underrated player, imo.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If spo starts Chalmers again then you know Miami loses game 4.

heat should go no PG to start the game and start Haslem. Put Haslem on Diaw.. Bosh on Duncan. Run Lebron and Wade at point. Whoever Parker guards in the lineup would be who I ran the offense through. Parker would be eaten alive.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, Lebron, Lewis, Haslem, Bosh. Who do you put Parker on? On D LeBron get's him.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, Lebron, Lewis, Haslem, Bosh. Who do you put Parker on? On D LeBron get's him.

Good lineup. Defensively, the Heat will have an easier time switching, either Wade or Lebron can guard Parker, of course, Lebron is the preferred choice.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a simple adjustment. chalmers per rating is -.6 and cole per rating is .6. I don't understand why we need them out there at all. this is where we miss mike miller. he could be used to bring the ball up to. I would honestly try to run Wade at point most of the first. bring in chalmers or cole when wade gets his breather.. let them run the point. then in the second when wade returns.. he goes back to point and down the stretch him and LeBron split the duties. repeat in the second half. limit cole and chalmers to about 16 minutes combined. their play easily justifies this.