• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so.
My guess was the injuries were the biggest factor, but in the end, it really doesn't matter why.
i dunno

he came back in the 2 week time period that was outlined for him and scored 19 in overtime a month BEFORE the Finals started

the injury excuse to me falls WAY short.

like i said the other day...

what day did he get injured?
how long was he out for?
what day did he come back?
he scored 19 in overtime the day he came back right?
when did the Finals start?

so just- so we are clear- you are saying that over a month after he came back- he was still crippled....ok....thats cool -certainly welcome to your opinion .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Kyrie and Love is just the same from your perspective as joining Curry, Thompson and Green...

unless i am misinterpreting something that is what you are saying correct?

From the perspective that Kyrie was an emerging star and Love was an established star, it is the same. He was joining star players.

KD joined a team that was already stacked. Lebron joined 2 different teams where stacking them was part of the requirement for him to join. Either way, it was a stacked team.

The only real difference is that the teams Lebron joined had to overhaul 2/3 of their roster to get him, the Warriors didn't have to that for KD because those players were there.

Again, the Cavs team that Lebron said he going to have to be patient with, is not the team he actually joined.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the perspective that Kyrie was an emerging star and Love was an established star, it is the same. He was joining star players.

KD joined a team that was already stacked. Lebron joined 2 different teams where stacking them was part of the requirement for him to join. Either way, it was a stacked team.

The only real difference is that the teams Lebron joined had to overhaul 2/3 of their roster to get him, the Warriors didn't have to that for KD because those players were there.

Again, the Cavs team that Lebron said he going to have to be patient with, is not the team he actually joined.
thts cool...i gotcha...everyone is entitled to their opinion...i guess i didnt totally realize just how amazing you think Kyrie and Love are if you think they are the equal of Curry, Thompson and Green......thats pretty cool!

as a Cavs fan i commend you!

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i agree--- he looked really tight and kinda choked

I don't know if he was hurt (as some suggest), the Cavs just had a great plan, Steph just tightened up and choked, Kyrie is a bad matchup for him or some combination of all of it.

But Kyrie definitely made Curry look very average.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like this is being overstated a bit.

The only difference between the roster from when he announced his decision and opening day was Love -> Wiggins.

I agree that is a big improvement for the Cavs, but it doesn't feel as drastic of a difference as you seem to be making it out to be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

he came back in the 2 week time period that was outlined for him and scored 19 in overtime a month BEFORE the Finals started

the injury excuse to me falls WAY short.

like i said the other day...

what day did he get injured?
how long was he out for?
what day did he come back?
he scored 19 in overtime the day he came back right?
when did the Finals start?

so just- so we are clear- you are saying that over a month after he came back- he was still crippled....ok....thats cool -certainly welcome to your opinion .

Unbiased opinion was he didn't look right.
Obviously the Cavs strategy played a part in it, but he looked pretty limited in general, and especially his ability to get into the lane.
Kyrie didn't overnight transform into some great defender.

Curry never made excuses or complained.
I'm not going to guess how much % wise he was injured or not.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if KD joined Paul George and Montaie Ellis in Indiana- 2 former all stars- that would have been the same as joining 3 all nba players in Golden State by your logic....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
View attachment 142207

Excepy monta ellis has never made an all star team. But yes joining paul george is illegal according to other fans?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Cavs strategy played a part in it, but he looked pretty limited in general, and especially his ability to get into the lane.

Oh it was pretty evident the way he was moving. Walking in mud it looked like. But the cavs won, end of story

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Cavs fans downplaying the talent on their roster and Heat/Lakers/Warriors fans overstating the talent on the Cavs roster.... you know the conversation has gone sideways somewhere.

IMO...

1) There is NO question that Durant is joining a team with superior talent and accomplishments than any team LeBron ever joined

2) Durant and LeBron were both free agents with the power to do whatever they thought best for themselves. They both left to join teams better suited to contend for a championship than the one they were with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is being overstated a bit.

The only difference between the roster from when he announced his decision and opening day was Love -> Wiggins.

I agree that is a big improvement for the Cavs, but it doesn't feel as drastic of a difference as you seem to be making it out to be.

He knew was was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Finals.
That is the definition of stacked in NBA terms to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excepy monta ellis has never made an all star team. But yes joining paul george is illegal according to other fans?
its not illegal...just kinda pathetic what Durant did.

I dont fault the Warriors at all- they used the resources at their disposable and made some great moves to get accomplished something that has never before been done in history--- 4 All NBA players starting out on the same team- (even if they only had cap room becasue DeAndre Jordan turned them down after they stupidly used amnesty on Charlie Bell)--- and even if they tried to get Dwight Howard to take that same cap room a few years back....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Cavs fans downplaying the talent on their roster and Heat/Lakers/Warriors fans overstating the talent on the Cavs roster.... you know the conversation has gone sideways somewhere.

IMO...

1) There is NO question that Durant is joining a team with superior talent and accomplishments than any team LeBron ever joined

2) Durant and LeBron were both free agents with the power to do whatever they thought best for themselves. They both left to join teams better suited to contend for a championship than the one they were with.
+1,000,000

lol....absolutely phenomenal post Gordon. A+

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thts cool...i gotcha...everyone is entitled to their opinion...i guess i didnt know how good you think Kyrie and Love are if you think they are the equal of Curry, Thompson and Green......thats pretty cool!

as a Cavs fan i commend you!

I have always thought Kyrie is a great player. I just think his injuries have prevented him from emerging sooner. I see him as a D-Wade level player and think he can be even better if he continues to develop his outside shot.

Love isn't a great fit in Cleveland because Kyrie and Lebron are ball dominant, but he's a proven star player. I was all about wanting him on the Lakers when the rumor was that he wanted to play in LA. Even being the odd man out, he managed to find ways to contribute when they needed him most.

I'm not sold on Green as a star player. He got a lot of love for how he played in the finals when the Warriors won and it carried over somewhat this past season. But he also hurt them almost as much as he helped them at times, especially in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew was was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Finals.
That is the definition of stacked in NBA terms to me.
he was near guaranteed a spot in the Finals no matter what team he would go to in the East....HE makes the team "stacked".

Durant? HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not illegal...just kinda pathetic what Durant did.

I dont fault the Warriors at all- they used the resources at their disposable and made some great moves to get accomplished something that has never before been done in history--- 4 All NBA players starting out on the same team- (even if they only had cap room becasue DeAndre Jordan turned them down after they stupidly used amnesty on Charlie Bell)--- and even if they tried to get Dwight Howard to take that same cap room a few years back....

Not pathetic at all. This will only help his legacy IMO. Nobody will care 2-3 years from now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it was pretty evident the way he was moving. Walking it mud it looked like. But the cavs won, end of story

Correct, and I'm sure he was going through tons of treatments every single day.
Same days he prob felt better then others, and I'm sure playing games would and could re aggravate the problem(s).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie played on one leg in Game 1 with way more serious injuries than Curry 2 years ago and had one of the very best games he ever played in his career...

not that relevant- just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.