• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland fans must be excited to get this rematch. This time around they have a healthy Love and Irving. The offense rolled through the Eastern Conference. Scoring won't be a problem. Stopping Golden State from scoring will be though. As much as they gain from Love/Irving on offense, they lose on defense. Love/Irving are not good pick-and-roll defenders.

I think Cleveland can score enough to keep this a tight series and Cleveland has that motivation factor from last year's defeat. However, I'm taking Golden State in 7 games. This is going to be fun.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was more pointing out that Klay is exerting a TON of energy on the defensive end, while still being able to carry the team for more than a handful of games. Last year in the finals, Klay was overall really bad on offense. He shot terribly and just didn't play up to par. This year, I've seen him make huge strides in improving his play. His improvement has been great this year as well, and mostly overshadowed because of Curry and Draymond's improvement as well.

If Klay can keep this up, it's going to be a huge plus over last year's Klay.

Klay is still one of the most underrated players out there. His defense is fantastic. Nobody is going to shut Irving down, but Klay's length will make it very tough for him to operate. his offensive game is so smooth and effortless that he never seems to be affected by brutal assignments on the other end. He has to be one of the best conditioned players in the league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland lose then we can call them this era Utah Jazz

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offer was klay, Lee and a first rounder for love. I remember they wanted us to take kevin martins contract too
No, Klay was never part of the offer. As a matter of fact they wanted Klay and that's what made GS take the offer off the table, said Klay was never available.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha. David Blatt and Tyrone Lue are Jerry Sloan in this comparison, which is just funny.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me for bringing up old shit..

Remember when some folks thought the Warriors should trade Klay Thompson for Love?

Maybe not then. But, today that thought just seems laughable :pound:.

In Jerry West we trust.

I remember that.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we on this bringing up old stuff kick, I remember the reports that said that the Warriors were prepared to offer Bogut and Klay or Barnes to the Lakers for Dwight Howard for a sign and trade back when Dwight was a Free agent. At the time gs had JUST signed Igoudala as well. I remember at the time saying "Curry with Iggy AND Dwight?!? Nah, let him go Houston and let's tank the season." I GUESS it all worked out because who's to say that Klay/Barnes(Klay was obviously the better player at the time, and still is) would of turned into the players that they have become. Also, maybe Klay/Barnes with Bogut makes us just respectable enough to screw up the tank process. Funny thing is I've now been talking about how Barnes would be a decent fit for is next season...

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love love love finals and championship rematches. I love it when teams that lost the previous year get revenge and also when the team that won last time, beat them even worst during the rematch. I want the Cavs to win so Bron Bron can get 3rd and maybe people can leave him alone for awhile. But my heart is saying Warriors all the way in 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Varejao has to be on the playoff roster in order to get a ring. For example, Mickell Gladness was on the Heat roster for a majority of the season before being released and signed with the Warriors for the rest of the season. He doesn't have a ring.

Mickell Gladness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But I read a credible source that the rule is if you play for a team in a season, even just 1 game, and that team end up to win the championship, you'll also be getting a ring. Although it doesn't really make any sense since you're no longer playing for that team during the championship.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love love love finals and championship rematches. I love it when teams that lost the previous year get revenge and also when the team that won last time, beat them even worst during the rematch. I want the Cavs to win so Bron Bron can get 3rd and maybe people can leave him alone for awhile. But my heart is saying Warriors all the way in 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I read a credible source that the rule is if you play for a team in a season, even just 1 game, and that team end up to win the championship, you'll also be getting a ring. Although it doesn't really make any sense since you're no longer playing for that team during the championship.

I just provided proof that this isn't the case. Gladness played for the Heat in the 2012 season, yet doesn't have a ring. What you're referencing is MLB that does that. The NBA doesn't.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you crazy? Prime Malone, Prime Stockton, Shandon Anderson, Byron Russell, bench loaded with big men, ... If Stockton or Malone could just hit a clutch jumper in a big game then maybe things would have been different. I'm not saying your comparison doesn't hold a little weight but that Jazz team was loaded. You put that Jazz roster in today's NBA vs teams with todays cap and they'd probably win 73 games.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you crazy? Prime Malone, Prime Stockton, Shandon Anderson, Byron Russell, bench loaded with big men, ... If Stockton or Malone could just hit a clutch jumper in a big game then maybe things would have been different. I'm not saying your comparison doesn't hold a little weight but that Jazz team was loaded. You put that Jazz roster in today's NBA vs teams with todays cap and they'd probably win 73 games.

And how does this make BK crazy?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does this make BK crazy?

I watched those series and witnessed Malone and Stockton put up bricks down the stretch (or get stripped by Jordan because Malone was lazy with the ball). That team was loaded by any eras standards. You can't build teams like that anymore. Everyone knows that GS has had the better team the last two seasons and if the Cavs win they beat a better team. Utah could have won at least one of the series if Karl Malone wasn't content to brick turnarounds from the elbow or Stockton could make an open jumper from 18 feet. That's what's so disappointing about those Jazz teams. They were good enough to win if they had actually shown some fucking heart.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Heatles84 is 100% correct.

It is not true.

Since the Warriors clinched their spot in the NBA Finals, a fun note to share has been that Varejao was now “guaranteed” a championship ring. This is false. If the Warriors win, he gets one. If the Cavs win, he’s not guaranteed anything. Dan Gilbert and the Cavaliers could choose to give him a ring based on his decade-plus of service to the team and the fact that he was on the team until February, but would you expect Dan Gilbert to do the right thing? This is the guy who… well… he traded Anderson Varejao in the first place.
14 hours ago – via The Big Lea

Status
Not open for further replies.