• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this desperate to defend Lebron? Really?!?

Of course he couldn't have things done before he actually signed with Cleveland. He wasn't on the team yet. It's really not that difficult. He already had everything in place, but he had to sign with Cleveland first.

Lebron already had what he wanted in mind and had already contacted those he wanted and decided who was going to have to leave. So, he had a pretty good idea what was going to happen.

It's similar to when he went to Miami. He knew Wade was going to re-sign with the Heat and that Bosh was also going to sign with them. But nothing official could be said or done until FA opened and everyone actually signed.
Don't know what any of that has to do with my supposed desperation to defend LeBron.

I think you need to go back and have another look at the conversation that jumped in on.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate him as a person or for leaving. Never did.
He's a great, great player who did some great things while here.
I admire his charity work, etc..

I just want him and douche bag Gilbert to lose, forever.

and as much as i TRULY dislike LeBron, Gilbert looks like the biggest hypocrite of all time now that he's kissing the "King's" ass...:kissass:

no need to remind everyone of Gilbert's letter when LeBron left Cleveland...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how anyone can think that Cleveland being home had little to do with it but I respect your opinion.

I agree that the health of wade was a factor but no way in hell does LeBron even give CLE a glance if it wasn't his former team and where he grew up, imo.

I believe Lebron meant what he said when he talked about having a dream to win a championship for Cleveland. So, of course he wanted to return and make things right if it could be done.

I think he was leaving Miami regardless because he figured that run was over. But, as you say, if he didn't see the possibility in Cleveland, he wouldn't have gone back. He's also smart enough to know that if he does win one for them (or even the fact that he tried) makes for one helluva good story.

Reactions: GNG

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how anyone can think that Cleveland being home had little to do [/B]with it but I respect your opinion.

I agree that the health of wade was a factor but no way in hell does LeBron even give CLE a glance if it wasn't his former team and where he grew up, imo.

I think it was a factor.

Wo doesn't want to be the Beatles?

Reactions: GNG

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part makes sense to me. LeBron values the opinions of his friends. If you've ever seen the documentary about LeBron s childhood it's really interesting.

Similarly, wade was a big part of convincing LeBron to leave Cleveland in the first place.

The only thing that annoyed me about Lebron leaving outside of waiting until all the Heat Plan B options were gone is that where is his competitive spirit? You beat the Spurs in 2013 and they beat you in 2014. Wouldn't you want to try one last time with the same team you won the title to try and get one more possible crack at them in the 2015 finals? I really think that's what annoyed Pat off the most

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what any of that has to do with my supposed desperation to defend LeBron.

I think you need to go back and have another look at the conversation that jumped in on.

You're trying to say he didn't have this set up before he signed with Cleveland. That's what it has to do with you defending Lebron.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record... I don't think the Love Wiggins trade has been proven to be a bad move.

I don't think Wiggins changes this year for the better and we still don't know what his career will be.

Oh yeah and let me remind you guys for the twentieth time... this series is only 2 games in!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying to say he didn't have this set up before he signed with Cleveland. That's what it has to do with you defending Lebron.
Boston was actively seeking other destinations for Love AFTER LeBron signed in Cleveland. Way after.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bad decision NOW.

But, the Cavs were in win now mode.

They didn't have the luxury of waiting for Wiggins to mature.

TF12 said it best: nobody saw the Warriors coming.

Correct.

maybe this is semantics, but tell me this:

Does anybody here honestly believe that if Irving, Wiggins and the rest of the assets that Cleveland stockpiled had ended up in say Washington that LeBron would have still signed there? If you think Going home had nothing to do with his decision then You are inmplying any other city could have landed LeBron with Kyrie + assets to trade for Love.

If LeBron had not begun his career in Cleveland and had not grown up in Akron, i seriously doubt that the Cavs would have even been a consideration.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part makes sense to me. LeBron values the opinions of his friends. If you've ever seen the documentary about LeBron s childhood it's really interesting.

Similarly, wade was a big part of convincing LeBron to leave Cleveland in the first place.
The thing I like best about Lebron is how me manages his entourage..

Look at guys like Iverson, Antoine Walker who are broke because they blew their money on family and hangerons...

Lebron got people jobs, started businesses, put them in position to be successful, long-term...without him.

That's fucking AWESOME.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

maybe this is semantics, but tell me this:

Does anybody here honestly believe that if Irving, Wiggins and the rest of the assets that Cleveland stockpiled had ended up in say Washington that LeBron would have still signed there? If you think Going home had nothing to do with his decision then You are inmplying any other city could have landed LeBron with Kyrie + assets to trade for Love.

If LeBron had not begun his career in Cleveland and had not grown up in Akron, i seriously doubt that the Cavs would have even been a consideration.

No, it was about home and control.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that annoyed me about Lebron leaving outside of waiting until all the Heat Plan B options were gone is that where is his competitive spirit? You beat the Spurs in 2013 and they beat you in 2014. Wouldn't you want to try one last time with the same team you won the title to try and get one more possible crack at them in the 2015 finals? I really think that's what annoyed Pat off the most
Yeah I can see that. Lebron definitely doesn't have that fiercely competitive spirit that some guys do.

He wants to win and gives it his all but he had always been big on living with the results... which people like MJ and kobe would never be cool with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If @trojanfan12 equates forcing the Love trade (which they might have wanted to do anyway) with hand picking a roster, then whatever. That is a gross exaggeration about what happened though.

No it isn't. He handpicked the main players. No one, including Lebron, cares about roster filler players. Clearly, you didn't read posts #3660 and 3664.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so sure of things that can't be known. I'm embarrassed for you.

One could argue that being naive and not being able to come to simple conclusions without clear hard facts lying in front of them is embarrassing.

:D

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you guys I don't dislike Lebron as much as most Heat fans. I'm over what he did with them in 2014 by screwing up any plan B they had by waiting so long to sign.
As strange as that might sound, I get it, because I didn't hate Shaq when he forced a trade to the Heat. I even hoped that they'd pull it out over the Pistons that year(and then against the Mavs the next year)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record... I don't think the Love Wiggins trade has been proven to be a bad move.

I don't think Wiggins changes this year for the better and we still don't know what his career will be.

Oh yeah and let me remind you guys for the twentieth time... this series is only 2 games in!!

heard ya...

so what'll you say after 3 games in and the Cavs haven't won ANY of 'em...?:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I like best about Lebron is how me manages his entourage..

Look at guys like Iverson, Antoine Walker who are broke because they blew their money on family and hangerons...

Lebron got people jobs, started businesses, put them in position to be successful, long-term...without him.

That's fucking AWESOME.

Yep. That should be the template for any player who wants to "give back" and take care of his friends.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heard ya...

so what'll you say after 3 games in and the Cavs haven't won ANY of 'em...?:lol:
Let's not waste our time on crazy hypothetical that will never happen.

Seriously, though, I have no problem accepting defeat and taking my lumps when it happens.

But I'm not accepting shit till it actually happens. 2 games in does NOT qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.