• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, LeBron wanted more rest...:dhd:

I hear what you're sayin', though...

I've heard a few references to this. Are people joking or is that legit?

If so did anyone have a source. I know LeBron played a part in adding a longer break at the all-star break.... but the Finals schedule?? That's always been drawn out.

Is blame LeBron the new blame Obama?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't wiggy recently say something about a family member in poor health? Maybe let's pump the brakes?

I'm all for taking your lumps but there are no lumps to take after a game 1 loss. I'll take my lumps if and when the Cavs are eliminated.

I will say that Wiggy should refrain from coming in guns a blazing if the Cavs do win tonight. That would deserve the shitting you guys would unleash on him.

I considered that for the better part of a day, but even during that time he made his way here when the Cavs won.
The only reason for not posting now is because, really, what would he have to offer?
Cavs, totally healthy, got smashed game 1 when both Curry/Klay were non factors.

He'll be back if the Cavs win, or give him some glimmer of hope is my best guess.
Thing is, of all the posters, he said Cavs don't have to win for it to have been a successful season.
It''s only 1 game.
No reason to go into little bitch mode unless when you talk as much shit as he does.

And @gordontrue, Do we have that bet on for tonight?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered that for the better part of a day, but even during that time he made his way here when the Cavs won.
The only reason for not posting now is because, really, what would he have to offer?
Cavs, totally healthy, got smashed game 1 when both Curry/Klay were non factors.

He'll be back if the Cavs win, or give him some glimmer of hope is my best guess.
Thing is, of all the posters, he said Cavs don't have to win for it to have been a successful season.
It''s only 1 game.
No reason to go into little bitch mode unless when you talk as much shit as he does.

And @gordontrue, Do we have that bet on for tonight?
I hear you.

Yeah, we're on. I haven't set it up yet but I will before the game starts. I just got to figure out to have different buy-in amounts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you.

Yeah, we're on. I haven't set it up yet but I will before the game starts. I just got to figure out to have different buy-in amounts.

Maybe create 2 bets?
1 for 250 the other for 500.
Then loser pays and we just ignore the other .

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland vs Golden State
Series Exact Outcome

current odds

1002 Cleveland in 5 +2000
1003 Cleveland in 6 +700
1004 Cleveland in 7 +850
1005 Golden State in 4 +550
1006 Golden State in 5 +220
1007 Golden State in 6 +450
1008 Golden State in 7 +335

#originalprediction
#meandBK

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought of the day:

From Bill Reiter-CBS Sports

"If LeBron's reign atop the league has come to an early end because of Steph Curry, how can we talk about LeBron the way he wants us to years after he's retired?

Consider this legacy-defining resume if the Warriors do in fact beat Cleveland for another NBA championship: Curry, arguably the greatest shooter of all time, will have as many titles as LeBron, at two. He'll be halfway to LeBron's four Most Valuable Player awards, but Curry will have the only unanimous vote on his side. He'll have the 3-1 series comeback against the Thunder to protect him against that perhaps unfair "choker" label we like to throw at LeBron. He'll be 2-0 in the NBA Finals, both against LeBron. And he'll be just getting started, because another ring means this is a true dynasty he's forging with the Warriors.

And LeBron, apart from being 0-2 versus Curry in the Finals, will have an overall Finals record of 2-5."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe create 2 bets?
1 for 250 the other for 500.
Then loser pays and we just ignore the other .
Good idea, but ill just create 1 for 250, then if you win I'll do another one for 250 and Mark you as the winner. Can't do it ahead of time cause you have to front the vcash and can't withdraw it without losing some of it.

I'll do it now and tag you in it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cuz he's been talking MAD shit for just about 2 seasons. so he SHOULD be a man and take his lumps...

See this is what gets me. It's the internet. It's just shit talk. You will survive. How much shit talk came out of me and other Miami fans for four years. But of the Heat fans still around, we all showed back up after losses and took the lumps. @WiggyRuss, it doesn't even hurt. Trust me. It's just the internet. Put on the big girl panties.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody want to bet on the game tonight (via the betting exchange)?

100 says the Cavs win game 2.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought of the day:

From Bill Reiter-CBS Sports

"If LeBron's reign atop the league has come to an early end because of Steph Curry, how can we talk about LeBron the way he wants us to years after he's retired?

Consider this legacy-defining resume if the Warriors do in fact beat Cleveland for another NBA championship: Curry, arguably the greatest shooter of all time, will have as many titles as LeBron, at two. He'll be halfway to LeBron's four Most Valuable Player awards, but Curry will have the only unanimous vote on his side. He'll have the 3-1 series comeback against the Thunder to protect him against that perhaps unfair "choker" label we like to throw at LeBron. He'll be 2-0 in the NBA Finals, both against LeBron. And he'll be just getting started, because another ring means this is a true dynasty he's forging with the Warriors.

And LeBron, apart from being 0-2 versus Curry in the Finals, will have an overall Finals record of 2-5."

I look at legacy questions a lot different than most fans, so I may be in the minority here... But when weighing greatness the Finals MVP counts a ton for me. Jordan had 6. 6 times he was the man on the biggest stage for his team. Not saying Curry won't get it this time.. he very well may. But Curry needs to step up his game in the finals. Just my take.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't wiggy recently say something about a family member in poor health? Maybe let's pump the brakes?

I'm all for taking your lumps but there are no lumps to take after a game 1 loss. I'll take my lumps if and when the Cavs are eliminated.

I will say that Wiggy should refrain from coming in guns a blazing if the Cavs do win tonight. That would deserve the shitting you guys would unleash on him.

I took that into consideration. But bk (I haven't even checked) mentioned that he's logged in. If family was an issue I could understand not even checking the forum (priorities and all). But he logged in and likely checked the forum.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at legacy questions a lot different than most fans, so I may be in the minority here... But when weighing greatness the Finals MVP counts a ton for me. Jordan had 6. 6 times he was the man on the biggest stage for his team. Not saying Curry won't get it this time.. he very well may. But Curry needs to step up his game in the finals. Just my take.

I agree 100%.
I've always said I didn't hold James Finals losses against him , except vs the Mavs.
My mindset is changing because he has now jumped ship twice, looking for the easiest path and hand picking a big part of his roster, in what has been a pretty weak EC the last 2 seasons.

Last year the injuries were a valid excuse.
This year, nope, despite the Warriors winning 73 games, they've had playoff adversity.
Most of us thought they wouldn't even be here after game 4 vs Ok City.

It's only been 1 game, but if the Cavs flame out again, the the view of James being 2-5 HAS to count against him when comparing all time greats ( which no doubt he is).

Status
Not open for further replies.