• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond, Tatum, LeBron, Kyrie, on and on. They all mature. Draymond maybe least of all but even him. Luka will too.
Probably, sure.

It's not a certainty, though... and how long it takes and how straight a line it is and how many relapses there are all interesting variables (see: Draymond and Kyrie)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls wash out over a series. End of arguing about it.

Doncic has a mental problem. He thinks he entitled to a basket or a foul call every time he touches the ball. He also thinks that he is above having a foul called against him, regardless of the circumstance. He believes that he is the crown prince of the NBA. That said........

Jason Kidd doesn't have the playoff experience to adjust things on the move. Doesn't make him bad. Just puts him in bad situations that he can't do anything about immediately. Boston Coach Mazzula had the same thing happen to him last year. Not an excuse, it's a fact.

The biggest problem for the Mavs last night was that they believed that the Celtics were at a disadvantage without Kristaps. What they didn't look at, was that the Celtics were without him until the Finals and were 13-2 in the Playoffs and 2-0 with him. They figured that this game was in the bag. Getting out in front by 13 early and they immediately went into cruise control and could never get themselves out of it when the Celtics turned on the playoff switch.

Everybody misses shots. Everybody commits fouls. Everybody makes mistakes. Teams that win don't argue against everycall, they just say, "Fuck it" and immediately move on. Like the Celtics. The Mavs are still arguing with officials after the ball has moved to the Celtics side of the court. That is what Kidd needs to address. Stop playing 5 on 4.
I did not see a lot of this game but in previous games I saw Doncic did not strike me as being much worse than what I saw from Tatum in the Cavs series (or what I saw of the Pacers). Seemed like every time he missed a shot he thought he was fouled.

Doncic seems like a baby for sure.....but I'd also point out I think Tim Duncan thinks he retired without ever fouling anyone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree not the best look (especially yelling at his own bench) but think Windy went way overboard on this...as far as Luka's complaining being a main reason they wont win a title.
Isnt sports crazy? Look at Windy. He’s a fat fuck with zero athletic ability. He likely maxed out in sports before high school started and here he is being critical of one the best players in the world in a savage way. Eat a salad ya fat fuck haha. And yet he has a career because LeBron decided that this was a fat fuck he wanted to give some exclusive content to. It’s pretty hilarious. Every so often people need to remind Windy that he’s a no talent ass clown and he’s lucky as fuck to have the job he has.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...

That was a lazy, bad screen by Washington and Luka is playing lazy, bad defense overall...

And when you're playing the game the wrong way... you're more likely to get the wrong end of the whistle.
while I agreed with Shane this is also true.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka may well be the most talented pure offensive player ever. Dude averages well over 30 a game and he smokes and drinks and shoves pizza and cheeseburgers after every game. Imagine what the guy could be if he gave 2 shits about being in shape or giving an effort on the defensive end. As a Mavs fan, it was really hard watching Luka flop on 8 different 3 pointers and then lay there on his fat was while Boston dunked it playing 5 on 4 on the other end. And it really felt like he was ready to go on vacation when he committed that last ridiculous foul to foul out with the whole series on the line. How about this offseason trying to lose 20 pounds and see a sports physiologist to help become less of a whiney bitch

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely do

I dislike it

Play your game

It’s the coach’s job to get the calls
No disagreement there....I don't like when players whine a lot. Especially the guys like Luca (or Tatum, Lebron, etc) who tend to get a lot of calls, too.

But Windy comments were way overblown IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt sports crazy? Look at Windy. He’s a fat fuck with zero athletic ability. He likely maxed out in sports before high school started and here he is being critical of one the best players in the world in a savage way. Eat a salad ya fat fuck haha. And yet he has a career because LeBron decided that this was a fat fuck he wanted to give some exclusive content to. It’s pretty hilarious. Every so often people need to remind Windy that he’s a no talent ass clown and he’s lucky as fuck to have the job he has.
Have to say now I think you have gone a little too far on this (though no doubt he's overweight). I mean, I think his opinions often carry more weight (pardon the pun) than some of the others who are not exactly known as players (Stephen A. comes to mind).

admittedly, I did like the guy a lot more when he was just a reporter for a paper up here than a guy looking for clicks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka may well be the most talented pure offensive player ever. Dude averages well over 30 a game and he smokes and drinks and shoves pizza and cheeseburgers after every game. Imagine what the guy could be if he gave 2 shits about being in shape or giving an effort on the defensive end. As a Mavs fan, it was really hard watching Luka flop on 8 different 3 pointers and then lay there on his fat was while Boston dunked it playing 5 on 4 on the other end. And it really felt like he was ready to go on vacation when he committed that last ridiculous foul to foul out with the whole series on the line. How about this offseason trying to lose 20 pounds and see a sports physiologist to help become less of a whiney bitch
Well said....though to be fair a number of players flop and lay on the ground after 3s trying to get a call. as much as Young falls down you'd think he was a toddler.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillman part of the zinger trade tree

Took that first they got last year and traded down for multiple 2s and used some to land him

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be someone in the Dallas organization who can grab Luka's ear.
He is not playing any defense at all. Boston is running everything at him personally. It is the worst kept secret strategy in final history.

Not even easy punching bags like Harden or Carmelo played this poorly on defense or got so winded out of shape easily.
So, instead of realizing this..... Luka just decides to blame the officials and complain every 10 seconds rather than play defense....

He is too limited athletically to just expect that he will naturally figure out defense with athleticism.
It has to come from internal effort PLUS encouragement/pressure from coaching or teammates.

He can win titles with even mediocre (C-) defense like Steph Curry/Tony Parker did. But playing (F-) defense will never get it done.
If Kidd cannot get this message to him, then its possible Dallas needs to shop around.
Maxey, Luka and Embiid. Do it Morey!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… yet Tatum getting mauled on his slam was the most obvious no-call of the game

Many times during this series I've said- how is that not a foul for both teams. Alotta missed calls for both Celtics & Mavs.

If the Finals would be reffed like the regular season each team would be getting to the line 25+ times a game and it would be a free throw fest.

Glad the refs aren't overly whistle-happy like what can happen during the regular season.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Luka starts managing his body, stop smoking , reduce drinking and hooch and have a good diet he could easily be a good defender and able to play in second half with energy.

He needs a veteran with a stud like Rep for working out beside him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Luka starts managing his body, stop smoking , reduce drinking and hooch and have a good diet he could easily be a good defender and able to play in second half with energy.

He needs a veteran with a stud like Rep for working out beside him

Are you saying that is not Kyrie?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that is not Kyrie?
Well he has had his go as that Vet but more someone in Luka s position who has stayed playing at a high level despite their sizes.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many times during this series I've said- how is that not a foul for both teams. Alotta missed calls for both Celtics & Mavs.

If the Finals would be reffed like the regular season each team would be getting to the line 25+ times a game and it would be a free throw fest.

Glad the refs aren't overly whistle-happy like what can happen during the regular season.
… which is why I was a bit surprised they called that 6th on Doncic … there was a lot of contact, but that happened throughout without a call … but I didn’t think it was unfair to expel Luka … those earlier fouls he made seemed like pure frustration
… I’m gonna cut the guy a break though and believe he played in a lot of pain … he sure played like it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has had his go as that Vet but more someone in Luka s position who has stayed playing at a high level despite their sizes.

I was joking.

Of course Kyrie isn’t the right leader to do that.

Not sure who that guy is, would have to be someone with enough pull that Luka would listen to him. But also has to be someone affordable.

I do think Kyrie makes a very good #2 for Luka, just not a good mentor.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking.

Of course Kyrie isn’t the right leader to do that.

Not sure who that guy is, would have to be someone with enough pull that Luka would listen to him. But also has to be someone affordable.

I do think Kyrie makes a very good #2 for Luka, just not a good mentor.
Oh I knew that. But Kyrie I am sure has helped in some ways. Perhaps someone like a Horford who works out at a feverish pace While Jaylen Brown is always the work out machine I think Horford has influenced him and especially Tatum

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… which is why I was a bit surprised they called that 6th on Doncic … there was a lot of contact, but that happened throughout without a call … but I didn’t think it was unfair to expel Luka … those earlier fouls he made seemed like pure frustration
… I’m gonna cut the guy a break though and believe he played in a lot of pain … he sure played like it
Nobody should question Luka s alpha mentality.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought for sure Luka's 6th foul was going to be overturned. The refs have been a head-scratcher this series with what they call and don't call. It's weird.

I thought I heard he got an injection before games 2 and 3. No doubt he's playing through pain right now.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure Luka's 6th foul was going to be overturned. The refs have been a head-scratcher this series with what they call and don't call. It's weird.
Personally, I think that was a no-doubt foul on Luka and the refereeing has been pretty decent overall this series.