• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just call yourself a dumbass?

I am here for that if so. Just a rarely seen move.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one moment with about 4 minutes left where Dallas had all momentum and Kidd takes a TO. Boston got to regroup. I thought that was definitely a turning point. You don’t call a TO with momentum.

Either way, bad calls, missed opportunties, etc. Boston was by far the most talented team all year. I think without injuries to teams their road gets tougher and it does hurt them on the wear and tear of the postseason but the best team all along. Congrats to Boston, a great year and they have been waiting for some time to hold that trophy with this group

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of Jason Kidd's coaching?

Dude seems like a weak link to me. If Dallas has made any adjustments over the course of this series, I haven't detected them.

But maybe the argument is that no adjustment can be made... that this Dallas team (as constructed in total and led by Doncic) can only play one way and they will live and die by that method?
Calling that time out was some dumb shit. Let the Celtics get their composure back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm … think again dumbass … it was the no-call on white grabbing the guys arm to nix a 3- point attempt in the last minute … the look on White’s face was hilarious
They should have called a foul, continuation and given him three shots.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gotta be exhausting for Luka whining all game. Every superstar whines but to do it all game that wears you down mentally. It is hurting him more than anything. Kidd needs to sit him down in the offseason and get him right

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just call yourself a dumbass?

I am here for that if so. Just a rarely seen move.

Ask me about my life choices someday….

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gotta be exhausting for Luka whining all game. Every superstar whines but to do it all game that wears you down mentally. It is hurting him more than anything. Kidd needs to sit him down in the offseason and get him right
It's clear that Luka has been worn down as the games have gone on... I'm sure his b!tching and flailing hasn't helped... but the C's clearly have a plan to work him on the defensive end and tire him out too.

Luka is a husky dude and it's plain that such a strategy can work.

It's probably true that too big a load falls on Luka as the Mavs are currently constituted... but it's also probably true that Luka's style of play kinda puts a team in that rut.

A real #3 guy would help a whole lot... I'm not sure if Dallas can swing that given their assets and salary situation, though.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one moment with about 4 minutes left where Dallas had all momentum and Kidd takes a TO. Boston got to regroup. I thought that was definitely a turning point. You don’t call a TO with momentum.

Either way, bad calls, missed opportunties, etc. Boston was by far the most talented team all year. I think without injuries to teams their road gets tougher and it does hurt them on the wear and tear of the postseason but the best team all along. Congrats to Boston, a great year and they have been waiting for some time to hold that trophy with this group
it was over when luka fouled out really.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be someone in the Dallas organization who can grab Luka's ear.
He is not playing any defense at all. Boston is running everything at him personally. It is the worst kept secret strategy in final history.

Not even easy punching bags like Harden or Carmelo played this poorly on defense or got so winded out of shape easily.
So, instead of realizing this..... Luka just decides to blame the officials and complain every 10 seconds rather than play defense....

He is too limited athletically to just expect that he will naturally figure out defense with athleticism.
It has to come from internal effort PLUS encouragement/pressure from coaching or teammates.

He can win titles with even mediocre (C-) defense like Steph Curry/Tony Parker did. But playing (F-) defense will never get it done.
If Kidd cannot get this message to him, then its possible Dallas needs to shop around.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night is why I hate them lol

They are so bad for my health

@msgkings322

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just irks your ass the sixers suck,does,nt it?
Maybe he doesn’t like front runners from Virginia who show up on the message board during the NBA Finals saying they’re a die hard Celtics fan. Real sports fans find that shit to be nauseating.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be someone in the Dallas organization who can grab Luka's ear.
He is not playing any defense at all. Boston is running everything at him personally. It is the worst kept secret strategy in final history.

Not even easy punching bags like Harden or Carmelo played this poorly on defense or got so winded out of shape easily.
So, instead of realizing this..... Luka just decides to blame the officials and complain every 10 seconds rather than play defense....

He is too limited athletically to just expect that he will naturally figure out defense with athleticism.
It has to come from internal effort PLUS encouragement/pressure from coaching or teammates.

He can win titles with even mediocre (C-) defense like Steph Curry/Tony Parker did. But playing (F-) defense will never get it done.
If Kidd cannot get this message to him, then its possible Dallas needs to shop around.

That last part is key

One part is getting more to take the load off him more offensively

Nba players definitely slack off on d when they carry a big offensive load

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty savage criticism of Luka here...

I'm somewhat reminded of Tatum when he was younger... dude bitched at officials way, way too much... only this post-season have I seen Tatum (now 26 yo) dial that noise down.

Doncic seems similarly immature at a young age.
Draymond, Tatum, LeBron, Kyrie, on and on. They all mature. Draymond maybe least of all but even him. Luka will too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty savage criticism of Luka here...

I'm somewhat reminded of Tatum when he was younger... dude bitched at officials way, way too much... only this post-season have I seen Tatum (now 26 yo) dial that noise down.

Doncic seems similarly immature at a young age.
Luka does cry to refs a lot (so does Tatum) but think he went a little too far with that. They made it to the Finals in a tough West and are playing the top team in the league but Luka complaining too much is why they cannot win a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Fair though.

If you want to be the best player in the league, you have to be a leader too.

That is bad leadership.
I can agree not the best look (especially yelling at his own bench) but think Windy went way overboard on this...as far as Luka's complaining being a main reason they wont win a title.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night is why I hate them lol

They are so bad for my health

@msgkings322
But all teams have stressful games, it’s just sports man. If you aren’t even having fun winning a title why do you even bother?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka does cry to refs a lot (so does Tatum) but think he went a little too far with that. They made it to the Finals in a tough West and are playing the top team in the league but Luka complaining too much is why they cannot win a title?

They absolutely do

I dislike it

Play your game

It’s the coach’s job to get the calls