• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think that was a no-doubt foul on Luka and the refereeing has been pretty decent overall this series.

Just alotta aggressive plays that are usually fouls in the regular season. Refs are letting both teams be a bit more physical.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just alotta aggressive plays that are usually fouls in the regular season. Refs are letting both teams be a bit more physical.
Yeah... I agree with you there.

Personally... in the playoffs... I'd rather they err on the side of letting the guys play.

I'd say both sides are getting away with more physical defense out there for the most part.

Luka, though... that guy is getting worn down and playing lazy/dumb on the defensive end.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I agree with you there.

Personally... in the playoffs... I'd rather they err on the side of letting the guys play. <---

I'd say both sides are getting away with more physical defense out there for the most part.

Luka, though... that guy is getting worn down and playing lazy/dumb on the defensive end.

Same here.

Did you see PTI the other day when Perk said Luka & Kyrie are traffic cones on defense?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... it's never perfect.

I've seen plenty worse, though.
agree...and having watched this a couple times even though Hardaway is by him some he could have done a better job if he wanted to foul (which he clearly did).

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think that was a no-doubt foul on Luka and the refereeing has been pretty decent overall this series.
I just can’t bring myself to blame officiating in the NBA for wins & losses unless it’s an absolutely egregious foul missed. Officiating has been at best “uneven” for a couple of decades. Blaming the refs one way or another just results in shoulder shrugs from me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, a beat down player takes an extra second to think and reacts a half second too late. The foul is obvious and he gets called.

I spent my life teaching young kids not to let their emotions, especially frustration or anger show to an official. I must have sat kids at least five hundred times. There was a time that I had an inch thick callous on my right knee from getting down to their seated level.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t bring myself to blame officiating in the NBA for wins & losses unless it’s an absolutely egregious foul missed. Officiating has been at best “uneven” for a couple of decades. Blaming the refs one way or another just results in shoulder shrugs from me.
This is true.....like maybe one of those end of game bad calls where the team has no chance to make up for it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka may well be the most talented pure offensive player ever. Dude averages well over 30 a game and he smokes and drinks and shoves pizza and cheeseburgers after every game. Imagine what the guy could be if he gave 2 shits about being in shape or giving an effort on the defensive end. As a Mavs fan, it was really hard watching Luka flop on 8 different 3 pointers and then lay there on his fat was while Boston dunked it playing 5 on 4 on the other end. And it really felt like he was ready to go on vacation when he committed that last ridiculous foul to foul out with the whole series on the line. How about this offseason trying to lose 20 pounds and see a sports physiologist to help become less of a whiney bitch
So like Babe Ruth. Babe didn't give a shit and still was the best ever but that was baseball. Luka has to carry a huge load on offense, he played well in the Minny series on defense when he was "healthier" but he definitely needs to improve...conditioning, effort on the defensive side of the ball, etc.

He will need to condition himself better if he wants to play above average defense, other than that he is a beast. Too much complaining when he could be focusing more on what he can do better and that is on the defensive side of the ball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.....like maybe one of those end of game bad calls where the team has no chance to make up for it.

Even then, there are always lots of mistakes, etc. that have nothing to do with the refs that could have kept them from being in position where one call could cost them the game.