• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. They’re living off of two instrumental players with their actions saying “you can trust them.” Without that they’re no different from you or me. Both of these guys forget that all they are is in the right place at the right time.
And when Lebron retires and ESPN goes through their next predictable round of cuts, Windhorst will be among them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well pretty much everyone that makes it in any industry says that. The longevity says it was going to happen regardless.
Agree to disagree. What they do really makes them a dime a dozen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Lebron retires and ESPN goes through their next predictable round of cuts, Windhorst will be among them.

Not sure I agree.

Windy got his start because he was the "Lebron whisperer" and was usually first with Lebron news.

But it seems that, for at least the past few years, there's been a lot less Lebron news from him and a lot more news about other players/teams.

He's not as good as Woj and Shams when it comes to NBA news, but he's probably at the top of the next tier.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree.

Windy got his start because he was the "Lebron whisperer" and was usually first with Lebron news.

But it seems that, for at least the past few years, there's been a lot less Lebron news from him and a lot more news about other players/teams.

He's not as good as Woj and Shams when it comes to NBA news, but he's probably at the top of the next tier.
So he’s the Adam Schefter of the NBA...

I actually get that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he’s the Adam Schefter of the NBA...

I actually get that.
yeah that means he will be around for awhile. Trojan is right. At first it was all about Lebron but he is league wide now and pretty well known. He has his sources, that in itself will keep him around

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree.

I do think he's alright (as mentioned better when he worked for a local paper and didn't care about clicks) but have to disagree on this. I'm not sure he's ever been first with Lebron news.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that means he will be around for awhile. Trojan is right. At first it was all about Lebron but he is league wide now and pretty well known. He has his sources, that in itself will keep him around
has he ever really broken a story though? But he's become that guy who is not afraid to guess with no accountability since he'll attach a "league sources tell me" or some "maybes" to his stories.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of Jason Kidd's coaching?

Dude seems like a weak link to me. If Dallas has made any adjustments over the course of this series, I haven't detected them.

But maybe the argument is that no adjustment can be made... that this Dallas team (as constructed in total and led by Doncic) can only play one way and they will live and die by that method?
Love watching Mazz outcoach Kidd.

Maybe he'll get an ounce of respect after this? But most haters will just continue to hate.

I am so missing all the Mav fans post after games 1 & 2 about how they would make adjustments.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… which is why I was a bit surprised they called that 6th on Doncic … there was a lot of contact, but that happened throughout without a call … but I didn’t think it was unfair to expel Luka … those earlier fouls he made seemed like pure frustration
… I’m gonna cut the guy a break though and believe he played in a lot of pain … he sure played like it
I'm cutting him zero slack.

He's a million dollar shooter with a 2 cent brain and dad body.

If he could get in shape, chase the demons out of his head, limit the crying and play an ounce of decent D he could be an all-time great.

If he stays on his current path he'll go down in history as a really good shooter.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cutting him zero slack.

He's a million dollar shooter with a 2 cent brain and dad body.

If he could get in shape, chase the demons out of his head, limit the crying and play an ounce of decent D he could be an all-time great.

If he stays on his current path he'll go down in history as a really good shooter.

you’re right about everything except cutting him slack, you old fart … he’s a 24 year old man with a teenager mind .. they started him too soon .. he’s got a shooters touch like you haven’t seen since that guy who just died … I’m betting on him being historical

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Timmy had arguably the greatest "Who Me?" face of all time.
I still think one of my favorites, playing wolves he got nothing but Dean Garretts head, you could see marks on his face.

Timmy tried to argue all ball and was in disbelief they called foul.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you’re right about everything except cutting him slack, you old fart … he’s a 24 year old man with a teenager mind .. they started him too soon .. he’s got a shooters touch like you haven’t seen since that guy who just died … I’m betting on him being historical
He's actually 25 not that it really matters.

No dispute he could be the purest shooter of all time.

But he's a head case. He needs to control his emotions and get a serious about his health. He's already breaking down.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire as the best 6th man ever. His body and defensive reliability may dictate that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually 25 not that it really matters.

No dispute he could be the purest shooter of all time.

But he's a head case. He needs to control his emotions and get a serious about his health. He's already breaking down.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire as the best 6th man ever. His body and defensive reliability may dictate that.

Cmon guys.

Hella talented offensive player.

Steph Curry is the purest shooter of all time. Luka can’t catch him. It isn’t close.

Curry: career 42.6% from 3 on 9.2 attempts per game and 91% from the line

Luka: 34.7% from 3 on 8.6 attempts and 74.7 from the line

Not comparable.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys.

Steph Curry is the purest shooter of all time. Luka can’t catch him. It isn’t close.

Not comparable.

… ah … stick to your trading cards, we’re chewin’ the gum over ‘shooter’s touch’ ‘head case’ ‘health’ and ‘reliability’ … nuthin’ on a spread sheet except his age (and I even got that wrong I guess) … comparing his numbers with Steph is two or three careers too soon lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… ah … stick to your trading cards, we’re chewin’ the gum over ‘shooter’s touch’ ‘head case’ ‘health’ and ‘reliability’ … nuthin’ on a spread sheet except his age (and I even got that wrong I guess) … comparing his numbers with Steph is two or three careers too soon lol

Dude.

Luka is a scorer and a great offensive player.

He is not a pure shooter at all.

Steph is the definition of pure shooter. The obvious GOAT in that category.

You can “chew the gum” all you want, but you said Luka can be the best pure shooter of all time.

And that simply isn’t true.

Already too late for him to get where Steph is because of how his career started.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

Luka is a scorer and a great offensive player.

He is not a pure shooter at all.

Steph is the definition of pure shooter. The obvious GOAT in that category.

You can “chew the gum” all you want, but you said Luka can be the best pure shooter of all time.

And that simply isn’t true.

Already too late for him to get where Steph is because of how his career started.
I took their convo as a misuse of the word "shooter"... they were using it to mean 'awesome offensive player' more than the strict/correct definition of the word that fans typically mean.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys.

Not comparable.
He’s also fat af for a pro athlete.

And a whiny ****.