• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, there are always lots of mistakes, etc. that have nothing to do with the refs that could have kept them from being in position where one call could cost them the game.
Oh, no doubt...but I can have a little sympathy if, say, teams are tied and the refs make a clear terrible call sending a team to line to win the game with no time left.

But even something as egregious as the no PI call in the Ram/Saint game the Saints had plenty of chances to still win that game. sucks but too bad.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like Babe Ruth. Babe didn't give a shit and still was the best ever but that was baseball. Luka has to carry a huge load on offense, he played well in the Minny series on defense when he was "healthier" but he definitely needs to improve...conditioning, effort on the defensive side of the ball, etc.

He will need to condition himself better if he wants to play above average defense, other than that he is a beast. Too much complaining when he could be focusing more on what he can do better and that is on the defensive side of the ball.
Great comparison

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said....though to be fair a number of players flop and lay on the ground after 3s trying to get a call. as much as Young falls down you'd think he was a toddler.
I think why it's so absurd for Luka, is if he would simply shut his freaking mouth, he would get every call, just like LBJ, MJ, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like Babe Ruth. Babe didn't give a shit and still was the best ever but that was baseball. Luka has to carry a huge load on offense, he played well in the Minny series on defense when he was "healthier" but he definitely needs to improve...conditioning, effort on the defensive side of the ball, etc.

He will need to condition himself better if he wants to play above average defense, other than that he is a beast. Too much complaining when he could be focusing more on what he can do better and that is on the defensive side of the ball.

Folks have to remember; this is his first finals and dude is only 24. Teams with leaders that young don't typically win their first finals.

He needs to work on his nutrition and conditioning. He also needs to understand that he can't be crying to the refs all the time.

The refs will let you bitch and when you're a superstar like Luka, they'll let you bitch a lot. But they're not going to let you bitch about every call.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think that was a no-doubt foul on Luka and the refereeing has been pretty decent overall this series.

As with the screen you just can't put yourself in that position. If it's a 6th foul it needs to be to stop someone from scoring

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks have to remember; this is his first finals and dude is only 24. Teams with leaders that young don't typically win their first finals.

He needs to work on his nutrition and conditioning. He also needs to understand that he can't be crying to the refs all the time.

The refs will let you bitch and when you're a superstar like Luka, they'll let you bitch a lot. But they're not going to let you bitch about every call.
Not much difference but he’s actually 25

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say now I think you have gone a little too far on this (though no doubt he's overweight). I mean, I think his opinions often carry more weight (pardon the pun) than some of the others who are not exactly known as players (Stephen A. comes to mind).

admittedly, I did like the guy a lot more when he was just a reporter for a paper up here than a guy looking for clicks.
Ironically Stephen A Smith has a career because he had a similar relationship with Allen Iverson

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically Stephen A Smith has a career because he had a similar relationship with Allen Iverson
Something like that might get a guy started but it won’t keep them around. Windhorst is very good at what he does, as is Stephen A.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that might get a guy started but it won’t keep them around. Windhorst is very good at what he does, as is Stephen A.
Disagree. They’re living off of two instrumental players with their actions saying “you can trust them.” Without that they’re no different from you or me. Both of these guys forget that all they are is in the right place at the right time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. They’re living off of two instrumental players with their actions saying “you can trust them.” Without that they’re no different from you or me. Both of these guys forget that all they are is in the right place at the right time.
Well pretty much everyone that makes it in any industry says that. The longevity says it was going to happen regardless.