• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you don’t agree with that.

That is an easy call to make.

He is in position for the screen, but he twisted his body so that his shoulder hits Holiday in the head.

Illegal screen all day long.
I think @bksballer89 is contractually obligated to make at least one refereeing complaint per game... where no legit gripe exists, one shall be found. :D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka gets knocked on his ass. No call. Next time he breathes on a guy, "two fouls, you're out of the game."

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of Jason Kidd's coaching?

Dude seems like a weak link to me. If Dallas has made any adjustments over the course of this series, I haven't detected them.

But maybe the argument is that no adjustment can be made... that this Dallas team (as constructed in total and led by Doncic) can only play one way and they will live and die by that method?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude seems like a weak link to me. If Dallas has made any adjustments over the course of this series, I haven't detected them.

But maybe the argument is that no adjustment can be made... that this Dallas team (as constructed in total and led by Doncic) can only play one way and they will live and die by that method?

I thought he was pretty good up until this series.

And now he is running into a buzz saw.

Maybe not his best work?

But I think he has added value to Dallas this post season overall.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably more of this than anything. I go back to previous coaches here. Nelly had his system and was adamant about it. Avery Johnson came in and changed the mindset some but as the 2006 finals showed, the team was still in the Nelly mode (still remember all those missed 3’s and Avery pleading with them to drive the damn paint). Carlisle caught lightning in a bottle with the team in 2011 but even he couldn’t make it work with Luka.

I think Kidd has been OK. I’m sure getting this team to two WCF in 3 years and a Finals appearance will get him leeway. But I (and a lot of Mavs fans) don’t see anything about him that screams “transcendent”. It’s Luka’s team. And this series has exposed the gaps in talent. And at some point, that is what will be Kidd’s downfall - not getting that talent to the next level. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong. That’s just the business of the NBA.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty savage criticism of Luka here...

I'm somewhat reminded of Tatum when he was younger... dude bitched at officials way, way too much... only this post-season have I seen Tatum (now 26 yo) dial that noise down.

Doncic seems similarly immature at a young age.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty savage criticism of Luka here...

I'm somewhat reminded of Tatum when he was younger... dude bitched at officials way, way too much... only this post-season have I seen Tatum (now 26 yo) dial that noise down.

Doncic seems similarly immature at a young age.

Wow.

Fair though.

If you want to be the best player in the league, you have to be a leader too.

That is bad leadership.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget the Thunder that team dominated the regular season they just are doing the normal path of a young team losing before winning, like the Warriors in 2014. That team was as good as any in the East except Boston

Was that the te that blew like 3 20 point leads to the spurs?

And then celebrated their season ending?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… yet Tatum getting mauled on his slam was the most obvious no-call of the game

ummm … think again dumbass … it was the no-call on white grabbing the guys arm to nix a 3- point attempt in the last minute … the look on White’s face was hilarious

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm … think again dumbass … it was the no-call on white grabbing the guys arm to nix a 3- point attempt in the last minute … the look on White’s face was hilarious

Did you just call yourself a dumbass?

I am here for that if so. Just a rarely seen move.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls wash out over a series. End of arguing about it.

Doncic has a mental problem. He thinks he entitled to a basket or a foul call every time he touches the ball. He also thinks that he is above having a foul called against him, regardless of the circumstance. He believes that he is the crown prince of the NBA. That said........

Jason Kidd doesn't have the playoff experience to adjust things on the move. Doesn't make him bad. Just puts him in bad situations that he can't do anything about immediately. Boston Coach Mazzula had the same thing happen to him last year. Not an excuse, it's a fact.

The biggest problem for the Mavs last night was that they believed that the Celtics were at a disadvantage without Kristaps. What they didn't look at, was that the Celtics were without him until the Finals and were 13-2 in the Playoffs and 2-0 with him. They figured that this game was in the bag. Getting out in front by 13 early and they immediately went into cruise control and could never get themselves out of it when the Celtics turned on the playoff switch.

Everybody misses shots. Everybody commits fouls. Everybody makes mistakes. Teams that win don't argue against everycall, they just say, "Fuck it" and immediately move on. Like the Celtics. The Mavs are still arguing with officials after the ball has moved to the Celtics side of the court. That is what Kidd needs to address. Stop playing 5 on 4.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you don’t agree with that.

That is an easy call to make.

He is in position for the screen, but he twisted his body so that his shoulder hits Holiday in the head.

Illegal screen all day long.
It’s a very weak call and so was the Luka block. The issue isn’t the call, it’s the consistency bc we those are usually play on’s. I watched the Warriors for 5-6 years set illegal screens and that little turn (you have to squint to see) is not one of them. You typically let them play late in games but that is a weak call in any part of the game.

You know it is a very weak call but you have an obligation to back the refs lol

It didn’t decide the game it was a lame call with extremely minimal movement. The Luka block is more reasonable bc they both fell down, they had to call something.

You make that call with minimal movement 75 feet from the hoop in the backcourt. That is extremely lame. There is no justification. Almost all screens the screener moves a touch, that is a play on

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a very weak call and so was the Luka block. The issue isn’t the call, it’s the consistency bc we those are usually play on’s. I watched the Warriors for 5-6 years set illegal screens and that little turn (you have to squint to see) is not one of them. You typically let them play late in games but that is a weak call in any part of the game.

It didn’t decide the game it was a lame call with extremely minimal movement. The Luka block is more reasonable bc they both fell down, they had to call something
IMO...

That was a lazy, bad screen by Washington and Luka is playing lazy, bad defense overall...

And when you're playing the game the wrong way... you're more likely to get the wrong end of the whistle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It didn’t decide the game it was a lame call with extremely minimal movement. The Luka block is more reasonable bc they both fell down, they had to call something

You are crazy to say that is a bad call.

It is a bad play by PJ Washington. From elementary school, players are taught to establish position when screening and hold strong with hands down to both protect yourself, and make it obvious that you aren’t using arms to push off or add leverage.

Washington rotates into the defender. And he does it in a way where he hits Holliday in the head. Holliday also sells it.

You can’t do that on any level.

There are 50 of these plays every game. Some get called, some don’t. But it is a foul.

Complaining about a foul getting called (when it is obviously the correct call) just makes your argument look bad.

If that gets reviewed, it is getting upheld every single time.