• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My wayyyyyyyyyy to offseason mock including 4 round mock

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Offseason

Sign

1.) Ronnie Hillman
2.) Olivier Vernon
3.) Wait for it: RG3 lol (I honestly think this will happen, no matter what anyone thinks of it. After this season though we should probably be welcoming RG3 with open arms, better option than anyone we had this year.)

Re-sign

1.) Leary RFA
2.) Heath RFA
3.) Jack Crawford
4.) James Hanna
5.) Rolando McClain
6.) Mo Claiborne

Restructure/Re-sign

1.) Carr (3 yr deal to spread out the cap hit for next year, he is solid, not good; but not as bad as people make him out to be, the cap number needs to be lowered by a lot, and if not then cut him)
2.) T.Smith (Restructure of his deal)
3.) Jason Witten (add 2 more years to his deal to spread out the current 2 years on his deal that are to high for his current role.)

Cut

1.) Gachkar
2.) Free (if you feel like Green is ready to play RT, or you can move Collins to RT and keep Leary at RG)

Mock Draft 4 rounds

1.) Jalen Ramsey
2.) Tyler Boyd
3.) Jayron Kearse
4.) Dominique Alexander

Simple offseason, but how much do we need to really do?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Offseason

Sign

1.) Ronnie Hillman
2.) Olivier Vernon
3.) Wait for it: RG3 lol (I honestly think this will happen, no matter what anyone thinks of it. After this season though we should probably be welcoming RG3 with open arms, better option than anyone we had this year.)

Re-sign

1.) Leary RFA
2.) Heath RFA
3.) Jack Crawford
4.) James Hanna
5.) Rolando McClain
6.) Mo Claiborne

Restructure/Re-sign

1.) Carr (3 yr deal to spread out the cap hit for next year, he is solid, not good; but not as bad as people make him out to be, the cap number needs to be lowered by a lot, and if not then cut him)
3.) Jason Witten (add 2 more years to his deal to spread out the current 2 years on his deal that are to high for his current role.)

Cut

1.) Gachkar
2.) Free (if you feel like Green is ready to play RT, or you can move Collins to RT and keep Leary at RG)

Mock Draft 4 rounds

1.) Jalen Ramsey
2.) Tyler Boyd
3.) Jayron Kearse
4.) Dominique Alexander

Simple offseason, but how much do we need to really do?
Well done. Best part is you didn't touch Romo's deal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we are moving Collins there is no way I cut Free until around August. I have been in the "move on from Free camp" for a while, but we need to see what Green and anyone else can do before I'd take pull the trigger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks UK, there is no need to touch Romo's deal not when you have deals like Carr, Smith, Dez, Scandrick, Witten and Crawford's deals whom all could be worked before Romo's should ever be even thought of. With Carr and Witten obviously you either add a few years or you cut; and no not saying cut Witten, but yes am saying I would cut Witten before I touched Tony's deal lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jar I think you can move Collins to RT if Green isn't ready and then put Leary back at LG. I just think to save the 2 mil it would be worth it. Free is to up and down for me at this point. I want a youth movement.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins had some moments.....I'm not saying he is in the same class... But some moments at guard that looked like a young Larry Allen. I'd leave him be

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this UK. The reason people were saying he wouldn't be a great T but a great G in the nfl was because he wasn't athletic, quick, or fast enough; but shoot I think that is all wrong, I'd like to see him at RT just because I'm curious!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks UK, there is no need to touch Romo's deal not when you have deals like Carr, Smith, Dez, Scandrick, Witten and Crawford's deals whom all could be worked before Romo's should ever be even thought of. With Carr and Witten obviously you either add a few years or you cut; and no not saying cut Witten, but yes am saying I would cut Witten before I touched Tony's deal lol.
How i'd play it: Carr is a cut, not a restructure. He sucks. Witten shouldn't be restructured. Too old. Smith is a no brainer to re-do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jar I think you can move Collins to RT if Green isn't ready and then put Leary back at LG. I just think to save the 2 mil it would be worth it. Free is to up and down for me at this point. I want a youth movement.
Me too, but seems the team wants him at LG forever from what we heard all last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How i'd play it: Carr is a cut, not a restructure. He sucks. Witten shouldn't be restructured. Too old. Smith is a no brainer to re-do.

Who do you put at CB then?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick and our #4 overall maybe

idk about that. I think Ramsey is great; but he is a Safety IMO. I know there is a lot of talk about the Florida CB; but I just see him as good, not a #4 overall pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you put at CB then?
We get Scandrick back who is by a mile our best CB. To me Claiborne played better than Carr this year and could be had at a fraction of the cost so I keep him. But, I try to find a starter in the draft or FA or both.

I certainly wouldn't be signing a big $ pass rusher like Vernon, but I'd be looking at CB with the ability to start.

Carr just sucks IMO.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Ronnie Hillman
2.) Olivier Vernon

Re-sign

1.) Leary RFA
2.) Heath RFA
3.) Jack Crawford
4.) James Hanna
5.) Rolando McClain
6.) Mo Claiborne

Restructure/Re-sign

I usually love your takes, not this time my friend. Two things here I don't like especially when I initially read this.
1. Sign Hillman, I liked Hillman coming out of college and when he first entered the league. Now that he's had his opportunities in Denver I'm not interested or impressed.

2. When I first saw re-sign Claiborne and Heath for that matter I rolled my eyes. My feelings won't be hurt if we let McClain walk either. I have to admit after I read Jarntt post you can convince me on Claiborne over Carr because of the money. I think Carr is better though.
We get Scandrick back who is by a mile our best CB. To me Claiborne played better than Carr this year and could be had at a fraction of the cost so I keep him. But, I try to find a starter in the draft or FA or both.

I certainly wouldn't be signing a big $ pass rusher like Vernon, but I'd be looking at CB with the ability to start.

Carr just sucks IMO.
Great point. I like Carr better but they are near equal. Let the money be the deciding factor.

Give me Mohammed Wilkerson and put Hillman on a minor contract I would like that. Maybe we keep McFadden and back him up with a guy like Aaron Foster who will be cut and likely only demands a low to mid level contract. Every thing else I like.

I think Wilkerson should be a priority .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we go RAmsey and Kearse that would give us 6 safeties if we are counting Jones as a S. Heath , WIlcox, Church???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr just sucks IMO.

I agree that Vernon doesn't need to come; but I think I'd spend money on pass rush over CB in FA to be honest. If I had one FA I'd go Berry all day; but he will cost 60 mil easy. If I were to get him, I'd go Tredwell in first though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually love your takes, not this time my friend. Two things here I don't like especially when I initially read this.
1. Sign Hillman, I liked Hillman coming out of college and when he first entered the league. Now that he's had his opportunities in Denver I'm not interested or impressed.

2. When I first saw re-sign Claiborne and Heath for that matter I rolled my eyes. My feelings won't be hurt if we let McClain walk either. I have to admit after I read Jarntt post you can convince me on Claiborne over Carr because of the money. I think Carr is better though.
Great point. I like Carr better but they are near equal. Let the money be the deciding factor.

Give me Mohammed Wilkerson and put Hillman on a minor contract I would like that. Maybe we keep McFadden and back him up with a guy like Aaron Foster who will be cut and likely only demands a low to mid level contract. Every thing else I like.

I think Wilkerson should be a priority .

Denver's line sucked bro lol. I think Hillman comes in and is a better runner than Dunbar. I hate going after RB's with ACL's unless his name is Gurley or AP. Now with that said I would go with a flyer on Foster; but a very very low one.

I think Claiborne is better than Carr, but not by much; and as I mentioned I don't think Carr is that bad, I think he is an average CB, he just makes to much. Unless we going after Jenkins on the FA market (which I wouldn't, he has an elite pass rush to help him out), then who do you go with? Hayward from GB? I mean sure, but then you better have 2 sure tackling Safeties back there cause dude can't tackle to save his life. Norman isn't going anywhere, and Dez would kill him if he was on the team. Hall is to old, Pacman is old and crazy, Sean Smith is to up and down for me, T. Johnson with the Rams is pure crazy and to up and down, Prince is well solid at best; but I'd take him as a #2 CB for the right money. A lot of CB's but not many options lol.

I think the team loves Heath, I sure don't; but he is a solid ST player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we go RAmsey and Kearse that would give us 6 safeties if we are counting Jones as a S. Heath , WIlcox, Church???
I'd like to see Church in the box more like the Cards and Rams did with Buchanan and Barron this year.

Our base package is a Nickle so 4 DL's, 2 S, 3 CB's in this case I'd go Lee, Church/McClain at LB Scandrick, CB, CB, Jones and Ramsey

At this point Kearse is nothing better than a ST player, and part time player, in a year or 2 could be a stud, and then you can put Jones at CB if you want.

Heath is ST player, very good there need those, doesn't cost much, can't have just rookies on ST.

Wilcox is backup SS and walks as a FA next year

You can keep 3 CB's or max of 4 (Scandrick, Mo, Carr, FA?)
6 S (Church, Wilcox, Heath, Kearse on ST)
so 10 DB's because Ramsey and Jones can play CB too!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL Im leaving Free alone at tackle till after camp and the preseason he is the leader on the OL from what I have read if Green is good enough Free goes I don't move Collins either way Leary is trade bait or solid backup.

1 Carson Wentz QB
2 Jarren Reed DT
3 Noah Spence DE/OLB
4 Tyler Matakevich LB
6 Braxton Miller WR

I would be plenty happy with that draft That's assuming that the Boys find short term help at RB in FA and CB and of course all that could change as FA and the draft unfolds.

Spence is a gamble with his drug history but the talent at that round makes it worth a shot.

Right now its all speculation and things will change of course