• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early NFC contenders

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible analysis by you... The Eagles defense isn't stellar, their defense was awful in the Super Bowl.
Defensive line made the play they needed.

Defense dominated all year.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not picking a super bowl winner. I am being those in contention. NE has lost a NFC game every year since 2010 in the same way that Pittsburgh has since 2005. I mean the pats losing in 15 to the eagles, the steelers losing in London to the vikings in 2013 or to the bucs at home in 2014. That stuff is why those streaks are there.

Let me put it this way, the lions lost to the steelers last year at home.

One other reason I won't take the vikings is they have been taking turns with Detroit being playoff teams each season. I tried to not include that but now I guess I had to.

And oh my goodness, elite means every year consistency and making playoff appearances. The packers ARE elite. SB caliber and elite are not the same thing.
Lol your posts seem like they were created by a random algorithm at times. I can never guess what sort of random things you're going to bring up in any given post or what sort of things you think actually matter. Which is usually ridiculous streaks and trends that are just chance more than anything.

"Let me put it this way, the lions lost to the steelers last year at home."

The lions are a considerably worse football team than the steelers and everyone knew they would lose that game, they did, and no one was surprised. I have no idea why you threw that in there but it wouldn't have been you if you didnt!

Intraconference games are more likely to have parity in the results for the simple reason that the teams don't face each other except once every four years and they don't know each other as well as they know their division rivals. That tends to work in favor of the underdog. That is it. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with any streak about the pats or steelers losing one game per season.

I am anxious to see what gems you will come up with next!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta and Greenbay in NFC
Steelers and Patriots AFC.
Eagles will not repeat. Dallas will win the NFC East and get outcoached in the playoffs yet again

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles will not repeat. Dallas will win the NFC East and get outcoached in the playoffs yet again
History does sometimes repeat itself but not typically to a tee like this :scratch:

In any case apart from the cowboys game and the SB the 16 playoffs were mostly pretty shit games. If the falcons had not been the falcons and blown the game we would have had discussions after that season of whether it was the worst playoffs in recent nfl history.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History does sometimes repeat itself but not typically to a tee like this :scratch:

In any case apart from the cowboys game and the SB the 16 playoffs were mostly pretty shit games. If the falcons had not been the falcons and blown the game we would have had discussions after that season of whether it was the worst playoffs in recent nfl history.

Fucking greatest playoffs in NFL History.... how many times did you predict the Eagles would lose?

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking greatest playoffs in NFL History.... how many times did you predict the Eagles would lose?
Congratulations on your super bowl! I never thought they would win the SB but I did predict they would win both of their playoff games and frankly that's more credit than most of you guys gave them going in.

I think the eagles have the potential to be around for a while if Carson returns at full strength or close to it. But he needs to learn not to endanger himself like this, since they may not always have napoleon dynamite to back him up.

I also was referring to the 2016 playoffs in the post above, not the 2017 playoffs that happened most recently, but I can't reasonably expect you to read what I write :)

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on your super bowl! I never thought they would win the SB but I did predict they would win both of their playoff games and frankly that's more credit than most of you guys gave them going in.

I think the eagles have the potential to be around for a while if Carson returns at full strength or close to it. But he needs to learn not to endanger himself like this, since they may not always have napoleon dynamite to back him up.

I also was referring to the 2016 playoffs in the post above, not the 2017 playoffs that happened most recently, but I can't reasonably expect you to read what I write :)

you could be a bigger dick about me missing the 16 in your post... probably not much, but a little...

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could be a bigger dick about me missing the 16 in your post... probably not much, but a little...
Well the other things I wrote in the post, apart from just the number 16, could also have tipped you off but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We can make allowances for Philadelphians around here, no worries!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the other things I wrote in the post, apart from just the number 16, could also have tipped you off but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We can make allowances for Philadelphians around here, no worries!

when I missed the 16, I thought you were talking about the falcons blowing the game vs the Eagles. 1st and goal to win the game. Missed and interception off a knee.

In my haste to celebrate, I missed the year.

Sometimes its hard to differentiate between all the philly haters. And really the only thing anybody should be talking about is how awesome they are. I don't think the praise has been good enough.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd put the Eagles, Vikings, Saints, and Rams at the top end.

I'd put the Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, and the Panthers in the middle tier.

For the teams on the fringe I'd throw in the 9ers, Lions, and Redskins.

Cardinals I'd almost put in the fringe but have to see who the QB is first. Seattle is another one I'd almost put on the fringe but all indications right now it's going to be a retooling year for them and I think Schottenheimer and Norton are actually downgrades at the coordinator positions.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol your posts seem like they were created by a random algorithm at times. I can never guess what sort of random things you're going to bring up in any given post or what sort of things you think actually matter. Which is usually ridiculous streaks and trends that are just chance more than anything.

The lions are a considerably worse football team than the steelers and everyone knew they would lose that game, they did, and no one was surprised. I have no idea why you threw that in there but it wouldn't have been you if you didnt!

Intraconference games are more likely to have parity in the results for the simple reason that the teams don't face each other except once every four years and they don't know each other as well as they know their division rivals. That tends to work in favor of the underdog. That is it. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with any streak about the pats or steelers losing one game per season.

I am anxious to see what gems you will come up with next!

When it comes to making sports predictions, I use certain methods such as trends, recent history, consistency ability, etc. And what ever teams do in free agency. Predictions are not just one way. I would not pick a team to lose to a team that is clearly inferior to them, but the packers are not clearly inferior to NE.

The seahawks were an underdog in 2016? If I recall I predicted right before the game started that Carolina would upset NE. Yes the point is teams that play once every four years, if the team has a pedigree to beat good teams, they can upset NE. I don't care about your so called theory on how a game is. I picked Carolina to upset NE and Washington to upset Seattle last year and they happened. I believe I picked others but I can't think of them atm.

I put that in there to show that there is no chance whatsoever that Detroit has a even close game against NE.

I did this stuff on ESPN. I have been doing this stuff for years making predictions. The only reason people have a problem with what I posted was because the pats are the GOAT team of the era and the packers missed the playoffs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's possible but they have more experience under their belt now. And it took someone as good as AR to beat them. Only a elite offense stops them if they get HFA but it's not a given and it depends if Lee matches up well against the opposing QB. Lee matches up well against Brees, not so much Rodgers.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to making sports predictions, I use certain methods such as trends, recent history, consistency ability, etc. And what ever teams do in free agency. Predictions are not just one way. I would not pick a team to lose to a team that is clearly inferior to them, but the packers are not clearly inferior to NE.

The seahawks were an underdog in 2016? If I recall I predicted right before the game started that Carolina would upset NE. Yes the point is teams that play once every four years, if the team has a pedigree to beat good teams, they can upset NE. I don't care about your so called theory on how a game is. I picked Carolina to upset NE and Washington to upset Seattle last year and they happened. I believe I picked others but I can't think of them atm.

I put that in there to show that there is no chance whatsoever that Detroit has a even close game against NE.

I did this stuff on ESPN. I have been doing this stuff for years making predictions. The only reason people have a problem with what I posted was because the pats are the GOAT team of the era and the packers missed the playoffs.
It's like you just come up with stuff out of the random and it is truly something! Where did I even mention Detroit vs New England in my post (or seattle in 2016, for that matter)? And nothing about any of your posts is about how good the actual teams are, which is of course the main reason some teams do better than others. Most of us are indeed trying to predict which teams will be better than which other teams, but not you!

You are all over the place in almost all of your posts and it is very difficult even to find a connection from one of your sentences to the next. We were talking about interconference play and you bring up Seattle-Washington, a game between two non-playoff teams last year in the same conference. Then you throw out Detroit and New England for some reason, and now you're trying to list all the times you got something right in the last year (which is news to me, since I can't remember you ever getting a prediction right, but maybe it happened by accident at some point!)

It is fun talking to you, Breesie, that much I can give you. But if you're over the age of, say, eleven, then you really are one strange fellow and that is putting it lightly!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you just come up with stuff out of the random and it is truly something! Where did I even mention Detroit vs New England in my post (or seattle in 2016, for that matter)? And nothing about any of your posts is about how good the actual teams are, which is of course the main reason some teams do better than others. Most of us are indeed trying to predict which teams will be better than which other teams, but not you!

You are all over the place in almost all of your posts and it is very difficult even to find a connection from one of your sentences to the next. We were talking about interconference play and you bring up Seattle-Washington, a game between two non-playoff teams last year in the same conference. Then you throw out Detroit and New England for some reason, and now you're trying to list all the times you got something right in the last year (which is news to me, since I can't remember you ever getting a prediction right, but maybe it happened by accident at some point!)

It is fun talking to you, Breesie, that much I can give you. But if you're over the age of, say, eleven, then you really are one strange fellow and that is putting it lightly!

This had to do with the teams able to beat NE. If it's not going to be Detroit, it's going to be Green Bay or Minnesota. And if NE's defense is anything like 2015, Cousins will have a long day as he was shut down in that game.

I'm done talking about this because I have my opinion on the packers and you have yours. In the end, I will be right when Rodgers sweeps Cousin next year.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This had to do with the teams able to beat NE. If it's not going to be Detroit, it's going to be Green Bay or Minnesota. And if NE's defense is anything like 2015, Cousins will have a long day as he was shut down in that game.

I'm done talking about this because I have my opinion on the packers and you have yours. In the end, I will be right when Rodgers sweeps Cousin next year.
"I will be right when Rodgers sweeps Cousin next year."

1) I never said a single thing about the Vikings vs the Packers series next season and I have absolutely no idea why you bring that up. In fact all I have said here and in other threads is that the Vikings will regress hard next year even though Cousins long term is a good thing for them (and at their core they are still built to beat the packers and those figure to be very good games). It must be very obvious if even YOU can figure that out lol!

2) Detroit losing one game to Pittsburgh is evidence of exactly nothing with regards to what will happen next year.

3) You are still a nutcase and you bringing in random things into the conversation is making my head hurt a little, but it is fun trying to get to the bottom of the ridiculous logic you use every time you make any prediction about anything.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not picking a super bowl winner. I am being those in contention. NE has lost a NFC game every year since 2010 in the same way that Pittsburgh has since 2005. I mean the pats losing in 15 to the eagles, the steelers losing in London to the vikings in 2013 or to the bucs at home in 2014. That stuff is why those streaks are there.

Let me put it this way, the lions lost to the steelers last year at home.

One other reason I won't take the vikings is they have been taking turns with Detroit being playoff teams each season. I tried to not include that but now I guess I had to.

And oh my goodness, elite means every year consistency and making playoff appearances. The packers ARE elite. SB caliber and elite are not the same thing.

Bottlewalk please read this quote so you will understand this recent argument. The lions losing to the steelers was in conjunction to NE and Pittsburgh losing NFC games every year. You said by chance NE loses a NFC game each year. I never see anything by chance. Sometimes you have to make unrealistic predictions because the NFL is unpredictable. I don't play safe.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing could make me happier then you doubting the Eagles. All last season you posted how happy you’ll be when the Eagles crash and burn. Now you’re doing it again for next season and that makes me excited for our chances!