• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early NFC contenders

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB will always compete with AR and be in playoffs ,but to say they were elite when they had struggles with Dallas and Cinci, 2 non playoff teams, is a little off.

Cincinatti has also been a thorn for them. They beat them in 2009 in Green Bay. Some teams match up well against some teams. Dallas was also 5-3 before the suspension and it was a close game in the playoffs last year. They also finished 9-7, which is a good record for a team in the NFC. If they weren't elite they would not have won those games. The saints almost lost to Chicago and Washington if you want to apply that logic. They also looked sloppy against the jets.

However, HFA has gone to SBs lately and whoever has HFA is going to the SB unless it's like Dallas again where there are two rookies. Had Rodgers not gotten hurt, the packers would have beaten the saints, lions, ravens, panthers)Rodgers almost won injured), vikings(you're not winning against AR scoring 16 points) and week 17 they would have already clinched the division. They would have beaten the eagles in the common games tie-breaker had they pulled it off. And given what the FO has just done by bringing back Philbin, canning capers and demoting TT, I don't think it's going to be the same GB. They have had some of the worst luck.

And to put it mildly, Green Bay would have no problems beating Carolina, LAR, or NO in the divisional round at home.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles needed a miracle kicked/dropped INT to win their first playoff game. I don't know that that's "dominating " but they're clearly the favorites.

In my opinion the playoff teams will be

Philly
Atlanta
Minnesota
LA
New Orleans
Washington

But it's so wide open there are literally cases to be made for every team in the conference

Can you tell me the last time five teams carried over to the next playoff season in the NFC?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way to early - no Free agency - no draft.

NFC South (toss up between Atlanta, Carolina and the Saints.)
NFC East - Philly or Dallas
NFC North - Vikings or Packers
NFC West - Rams or Niners

:fify:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB will always compete with AR and be in playoffs ,but to say they were elite when they had struggles with Dallas and Cinci, 2 non playoff teams, is a little off.
The Packers don't need to be an elite team with Rodgers at QB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the real conference now.

Obviously the Eagles have the best defense and the best offense. Right off the bat everyone has to catch up. They bring back both units' leading coaches that masterfully dominated the postseason every time they needed to. They come back again with the best lines in both trenches. Will be tough to beat.

Next is the Vikings who had a great year but needed pure luck to win their playoff game and got blown out in embarrassing fashion in the next one. They're trying to redo their entire passing game and they get a young weapon back in the backfield. They're a contender only because they already were last year. Nothing exciting about them.

Next is the Falcons who came the closest to beating the best team in the league that anyone came. Maybe that means they're already the 2nd best team. They shook off the super bowl hangover and have a young improving defense with an aging offense. The offense will need some new life to be a true contender.

The Rams are well coached on both sides of the ball with top end talent all over the place. Yet that didn't help them in the playoffs. They could prove to need years of seasoning, but they have all the pieces.

The Saints excite people with the two men at the top, but Brees gets visibly older every game and Kamara's freak year of assistance couldn't produce a long playoff run. Young pieces on the defense keep them in the mix.

Then there's the upstart Niners. They have a real QB, a real coach and a talented young inconsistent defense. They should take the next step with Jimmy leading the way.

The other two teams with QBs leading the way are dilapidated shells of their former selves. Pete Carroll is stale, the defense is old and the offense is a joke of playground nonsense. Can Rodgers make it through a full season? Does it even matter when the defense can't stop anyone for half a decade?

The Panthers are well coached and can win the trenches, but the big plays are lacking. Might not have that IT factor to truly contend in this landscape. Inconsistency doesn't survive the playoffs. They need to re-establish an identity on offense and get a healthy Kuechly.

And that's it.
A terrible analysis by you... The Eagles defense isn't stellar, their defense was awful in the Super Bowl.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible analysis by you... The Eagles defense isn't stellar, their defense was awful in the Super Bowl.

Playing soft zone vs max protect schemes probably wasn't the best gameplan.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"NE has lost to a NFC team every year" Oh, you're picking the regular season?! And you're assuming it's anything other than chance that NE has lost a game out of the conference the past few seasons?

This is the sort of reason why people make fun of you on here.

I'm not picking a super bowl winner. I am being those in contention. NE has lost a NFC game every year since 2010 in the same way that Pittsburgh has since 2005. I mean the pats losing in 15 to the eagles, the steelers losing in London to the vikings in 2013 or to the bucs at home in 2014. That stuff is why those streaks are there.

Let me put it this way, the lions lost to the steelers last year at home.

One other reason I won't take the vikings is they have been taking turns with Detroit being playoff teams each season. I tried to not include that but now I guess I had to.

And oh my goodness, elite means every year consistency and making playoff appearances. The packers ARE elite. SB caliber and elite are not the same thing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that play even matter considering what happened the next week? We were not beating the eagles.
The Eagles were undoubtedly the best team in the NFC so you're right about that.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell me the last time five teams carried over to the next playoff season in the NFC?

only 1 from this year... Falcons.

Probably Seahawks, Packers, Panthers, 49ers?