• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early NFC contenders

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously everyone is going to be high on the saints but I know this division's history all too well. Atlanta and Carolina face tougher challenges however, so we'll see. I know the packers will be back and take back the division. They were 4-1 before Rodgers went down and GB will probably be the next NFC loss for NE(it's not gonna be the lions). Minnesota may get Cousins, but they had their chance. SF picks up where they left off and brings LA back to reality. Seattle will still be in the mix. Does Philadelphia repeat? Or does Dallas, the favorite of the other three, take the east back? It's wide open among whoever wins the divisions in the NFC. Logic says GB or NO until otherwise.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously everyone is going to be high on the saints but I know this division's history all too well. Atlanta and Carolina face tougher challenges however, so we'll see. I know the packers will be back and take back the division. They were 4-1 before Rodgers went down and GB will probably be the next NFC loss for NE(it's not gonna be the lions). Minnesota may get Cousins, but they had their chance. SF picks up where they left off and brings LA back to reality. Seattle will still be in the mix. Does Philadelphia repeat? Or does Dallas, the favorite of the other three, take the east back? It's wide open among whoever wins the divisions in the NFC. Logic says GB or NO until otherwise.
so its wide open but you pick the chalk

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West is wide open until the injury bug hits a team TBD

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
This is way to early - no Free agency - no draft.

NFC South (toss up between Atlanta, Carolina and the Saints.)
NFC East - Philly or Dallas
NFC North - Vikings
NFC West - Rams

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles dominated the NFC Playoffs with a backup QB. Easily the favorite.

The six worst teams in turnover differential were all in the AFC. I wouldn't expect the NFC to look a whole lot different next year outside of Green Bay and maybe Dallas being better.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The six worst teams in turnover differential were all in the AFC. I wouldn't expect the NFC to look a whole lot different next year outside of Green Bay and maybe Dallas being better.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

I believe this ends this thread

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"GB will probably be the next NFC loss for NE"

"we'll see" "it's wide open"

"Logic says GB or NO until otherwise"

LOL!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles needed a miracle kicked/dropped INT to win their first playoff game. I don't know that that's "dominating " but they're clearly the favorites.

In my opinion the playoff teams will be

Philly
Atlanta
Minnesota
LA
New Orleans
Washington

But it's so wide open there are literally cases to be made for every team in the conference

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles needed a miracle kicked/dropped INT to win their first playoff game. I don't know that that's "dominating " but they're clearly the favorites.

In my opinion the playoff teams will be

Philly
Atlanta
Minnesota
LA
New Orleans
Washington

But it's so wide open there are literally cases to be made for every team in the conference
If I was to tier the NFC, it would look like:

Tier 1: Philly
Tier 2: NO, Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay
Tier 3: Dallas, LA, Minnesota
Tier 4: Everyone else
Tier 5: Chicago, Tampa Bay

Chicago and Tampa Bay could both have good teams next year but they're the only two that I think can't win it. If Alex Smith is as bad against Dallas and the Giants as he was last year I'd add the Redskins to tier 5 but I think Alex Smith alone props them up to at least tier 4. Niners late run last year keeps them out of tier 5 but im not sure they're really all that high, either.

Falcons and Panthers are closely removed from having MVP QBs so they're in the mix.

If Minnesota gets Cousins then they could definitely challenge for the top.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was to tier the NFC, it would look like:

Tier 1: Philly
Tier 2: NO, Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay
Tier 3: Dallas, LA, Minnesota
Tier 4: Everyone else
Tier 5: Chicago, Tampa Bay

Chicago and Tampa Bay could both have good teams next year but they're the only two that I think can't win it. If Alex Smith is as bad against Dallas and the Giants as he was last year I'd add the Redskins to tier 5 but I think Alex Smith alone props them up to at least tier 4. Niners late run last year keeps them out of tier 5 but im not sure they're really all that high, either.

Falcons and Panthers are closely removed from having MVP QBs so they're in the mix.

If Minnesota gets Cousins then they could definitely challenge for the top.
That's about what I'd have too. I'd probably move Green Bay down a peg but looks good otherwise . I don't see 3 South teams making it again and I trust Cam least out of those QBs but they could easily go back to the playoffs if he plays well

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about what I'd have too. I'd probably move Green Bay down a peg but looks good otherwise . I don't see 3 South teams making it again and I trust Cam least out of those QBs but they could easily go back to the playoffs if he plays well
I definitely trust Cam the least of the QBs but their defense has been a consistent staple in the NFC for awhile. Its not too hard to see Cam turning around, either.

Falcons seem like a team that could be better if they just catch the ball. They led the league in drops I do believe.

Green Bay might not be the most talented team in the league but they're not the least talented, either, and they tend to own a lot of people when Rodgers is healthy. Defense could use some work but not as bad as a team like the Chiefs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely trust Cam the least of the QBs but their defense has been a consistent staple in the NFC for awhile. Its not too hard to see Cam turning around, either.

Falcons seem like a team that could be better if they just catch the ball. They led the league in drops I do believe.

Green Bay might not be the most talented team in the league but they're not the least talented, either, and they tend to own a lot of people when Rodgers is healthy. Defense could use some work but not as bad as a team like the Chiefs.
Jesus don't remind me. We didn't just drop it. We dropped it , hit it in the air and then watched it get picked. During the playoff game they said 8 of Ryan's picks were on dropped balls. Lol. The D is young and should do nothing but continue to improve and the second year under Sark should be better. But yeah just catching the ball would be awesome

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the real conference now.

Obviously the Eagles have the best defense and the best offense. Right off the bat everyone has to catch up. They bring back both units' leading coaches that masterfully dominated the postseason every time they needed to. They come back again with the best lines in both trenches. Will be tough to beat.

Next is the Vikings who had a great year but needed pure luck to win their playoff game and got blown out in embarrassing fashion in the next one. They're trying to redo their entire passing game and they get a young weapon back in the backfield. They're a contender only because they already were last year. Nothing exciting about them.

Next is the Falcons who came the closest to beating the best team in the league that anyone came. Maybe that means they're already the 2nd best team. They shook off the super bowl hangover and have a young improving defense with an aging offense. The offense will need some new life to be a true contender.

The Rams are well coached on both sides of the ball with top end talent all over the place. Yet that didn't help them in the playoffs. They could prove to need years of seasoning, but they have all the pieces.

The Saints excite people with the two men at the top, but Brees gets visibly older every game and Kamara's freak year of assistance couldn't produce a long playoff run. Young pieces on the defense keep them in the mix.

Then there's the upstart Niners. They have a real QB, a real coach and a talented young inconsistent defense. They should take the next step with Jimmy leading the way.

The other two teams with QBs leading the way are dilapidated shells of their former selves. Pete Carroll is stale, the defense is old and the offense is a joke of playground nonsense. Can Rodgers make it through a full season? Does it even matter when the defense can't stop anyone for half a decade?

The Panthers are well coached and can win the trenches, but the big plays are lacking. Might not have that IT factor to truly contend in this landscape. Inconsistency doesn't survive the playoffs. They need to re-establish an identity on offense and get a healthy Kuechly.

And that's it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the real conference now.

Obviously the Eagles have the best defense and the best offense. Right off the bat everyone has to catch up. They bring back both units' leading coaches that masterfully dominated the postseason every time they needed to. They come back again with the best lines in both trenches. Will be tough to beat.

Next is the Vikings who had a great year but needed pure luck to win their playoff game and got blown out in embarrassing fashion in the next one. They're trying to redo their entire passing game and they get a young weapon back in the backfield. They're a contender only because they already were last year. Nothing exciting about them.

Next is the Falcons who came the closest to beating the best team in the league that anyone came. Maybe that means they're already the 2nd best team. They shook off the super bowl hangover and have a young improving defense with an aging offense. The offense will need some new life to be a true contender.

The Rams are well coached on both sides of the ball with top end talent all over the place. Yet that didn't help them in the playoffs. They could prove to need years of seasoning, but they have all the pieces.

The Saints excite people with the two men at the top, but Brees gets visibly older every game and Kamara's freak year of assistance couldn't produce a long playoff run. Young pieces on the defense keep them in the mix.

Then there's the upstart Niners. They have a real QB, a real coach and a talented young inconsistent defense. They should take the next step with Jimmy leading the way.

The other two teams with QBs leading the way are dilapidated shells of their former selves. Pete Carroll is stale, the defense is old and the offense is a joke of playground nonsense. Can Rodgers make it through a full season? Does it even matter when the defense can't stop anyone for half a decade?

The Panthers are well coached and can win the trenches, but the big plays are lacking. Might not have that IT factor to truly contend in this landscape. Inconsistency doesn't survive the playoffs. They need to re-establish an identity on offense and get a healthy Kuechly.

And that's it.
Lol

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that dismisses a team from playoff contention with Rodgers under center either hasn't been watching football in the past decade or is delusional

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so its wide open but you pick the chalk

Until the schedule comes back. But if you ask me, I think the packers go 8-2 out of the division beating Arizona, SF, LAR, NE, NYJ, Buf, (as you can see I think Miami bites them), Atlanta(it's in Lambeau), and Washington and believe they are looking for some big time payback against two teams that swept them last year. That's a way to wake up a sleeping giant.

The saints worry me against the AFC North because it's never been a easy division for them. The most wins they have won against the division is 2 games in the Brees era. They seem to struggle with Baltimore, Cincinnati, and even Cleveland everytime they play them. And they simply must win in Dallas in order to have any shot at HFA. I don't think they are sweeping Carolina again and last year was their chance to sweep the bucs. They will have to do it to Atlanta.

SF should go 2-2 against the north beating bears and lions and I would not be surprised at 4-0 against the AFC West if JG proves he's what he was closing the season. I don't see them losing to the giants and bucs either. Which comes down to if they run over Arizona in the division next year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"GB will probably be the next NFC loss for NE"

"we'll see" "it's wide open"

"Logic says GB or NO until otherwise"

LOL!

I'm not picking a super bowl winner to repeat, let alone a team from the NFC East. And yes GB was elite before Rodgers went down. I don't care what the eagles did last year, winning 13 games again is a hard feat. This is not the AFC. It is wide open because the schedule when it comes out will give more clarity. NE has lost to a NFC team every year. They have also lost their last three AT HOME. If anyone is going to beat them again, it's going to be Green Bay.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not picking a super bowl winner to repeat, let alone a team from the NFC East. And yes GB was elite before Rodgers went down. I don't care what the eagles did last year, winning 13 games again is a hard feat. This is not the AFC. It is wide open because the schedule when it comes out will give more clarity. NE has lost to a NFC team every year. They have also lost their last three AT HOME. If anyone is going to beat them again, it's going to be Green Bay.

GB will always compete with AR and be in playoffs ,but to say they were elite when they had struggles with Dallas and Cinci, 2 non playoff teams, is a little off.