• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My view on the bears right now.

C

cubzzzfanincali

nah... I see a weasel who has failed in every job he's had after 2 seasons. (except the CFL) The first year is pretty good and then the second is crap and he's fired. That's consistent throughout his career. Nobody wanted him in the NFL for years.

Whoa hang on a minute dude. I didn't like the hire in the first place, and am not sad he is gone, but this is way overboard and ignores the actual history. First he VOLUNTEERED to be the head coach of U of Miami, which isn't a very weasel move, and only managed to develop Bernie Kosar and win the national championship. He was then promoted up the normal chain of offensive line coaching gigs, he wasn't fired from any of them, from the Vikes to the Bucs to the Browns, where he was promoted to offensive coordinator. He took the Browns to the AFC Championship Game, and only then got fired by Bud Carson (who himself got the head coaching gig from Schottenheimer). He then went to Minnesota as QB coach and developed Rich Gannon, the offenses were solid but not elite. Then he got promoted to the Arizona job to be the OC there, he wasn't "fired". Oakland then grabbed him where they went to the Super Bowl with the top offense in the league with him as coordinator. His last pre-Canada gig was Miami, where yes he got fired.

His record is clearly mixed, but not as you described it at all. I'm glad he is gone, but he isn't a weasel, and he clearly knows a lot more about football than you or I do.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Football fans are fickle. Plus, do you honestly think Denver fans would ever disagree with their mascot...John Elway? :happy:

well, for what it's worth, the Denver sports media was calling for Fox's firing for the last 2 years. It wasn't limited to the fanbase. The criticisms were generally that he was misusing the massive talent the Denver roster had when it counted. It's media, not gospel, but it can't exactly be said that they didn't have a point there.

He seems like a good coach, but not a great one.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate this time of the year... Between New Coaching Staff/GM and the draft when nothing really happens...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate this time of the year... Between New Coaching Staff/GM and the draft when nothing really happens...

Yup…

Football is over. Baseball hasn't started. College basketball doesn't get interesting for another month, and the NBA/NHL playoffs seem like they're a mile away.

February is always the roughest month to be a sport fan, I think. For most, at least.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear, Fox had preliminary meetings with Cutler, Forte and Marshall about the direction the offense would be going and a select group of defensive players to discuss Fangios plans for the upcoming season. These players would be considered the leaders of this team and captains that will learn the systems before the rest of the roster.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear, Fox had preliminary meetings with Cutler, Forte and Marshall about the direction the offense would be going and a select group of defensive players to discuss Fangios plans for the upcoming season. These players would be considered the leaders of this team and captains that will learn the systems before the rest of the roster.

Oh, I'm sure it has happened, but doubt any reporters were around. Sports reporters are off to baseball training camp, Bulls season or with the Hawks... We are just in the dead zone. No way Fox and Co. are posting meeting notes on line.