• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My view on the bears right now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what......you actually think theresd a chance?

lmao.......No.He`s done.

What is Fox and Gase gonna change that all the other head coaches and off coord couldn`t change............not a damn thing.

this is why teams need the talent more than the coaching.

There is nothing that anyone can do to get the monkey off Jays back...........nothing.

if we could trade him,it would be a smart move.
What we get for qb is most likel;y not gonna get us to a SB anyeays.if Tennessee wants Jay,have right at it.Take Mettenberg in with the trade plus a pick.
And plus,if we don`t go for one of the two qbs coming out in the draft this year,when do you guys think we`ll ever have this high of a pick again to be able to get one?
And there we are,stuck again with mediocre qbs for who knows how long.

this is the best time as any to try to move up for a qb.........unless of course you all want a freeagent qb.

Maybe you haven't heard, but getting rid of jay cutler would cost the bears a pick. Nobody is going to trade for cutler by giving up a valuable draft pick. If the bears do trade cutler it will be something like jay cutler and our first rounder for some other teams 5th round pick. That's how bad his contract is... We would be LUCKY to hold onto our first rounder while getting rid of jay. I don't think it's possible to trade him and hold onto our first two picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon- what do you do if Jay plays well next year?
Is there anything he can do to get back in your good graces? Nothing short of SB? Even then?
What if Fox and Gase get him and the TEAM to a better place? We could add E. Sanders... And much more importantly improve the Defense- to something beyond putrid... Cause thats' what Fox has done- First year is a vast improvement- 2nd year Playoffs.
Jay can get back in my good graces real easy. I want him to succeed. There are only three things I can't fix. A broken heart, the crack of dawn, and Jay Cutler. I get there is no better option then Jay next year, but I fear this year will be our only opertunity to trade him and that big check. That is why I want him gone this year so bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Maybe you haven't heard, but getting rid of jay cutler would cost the bears a pick) No it would bring us one. A 3 or 4 RD pic. Personally we win even if we get nothing but out from under that contract. If it was not for the money then I would not be in a big hurry to get rid of him as I believe there is no real replacement currently out there. This is not a NOON HATES JAY thing, this is a noon loves Bears thing. This is about the future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Jay. I think he is a good guy and teammate. He is very much misunderstood around the league. But he had every opportunity and proved he could not do it, it's time to move on. We are wasting a boat load of talent that we might not see the likes of for another hundred years.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you haven't heard, but getting rid of jay cutler would cost the bears a pick. Nobody is going to trade for cutler by giving up a valuable draft pick. If the bears do trade cutler it will be something like jay cutler and our first rounder for some other teams 5th round pick. That's how bad his contract is... We would be LUCKY to hold onto our first rounder while getting rid of jay. I don't think it's possible to trade him and hold onto our first two picks.

Well that was stupid. .....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me stupid all you want, but no team in the NFL is willing to take on cutlers contract. If a team traded for Cutler and only sent a 7th rounder in return, it would still be an awful move for that team just because of cutlers contract. The bears would have to give up more just to get out from under his contract. Teams will want to acquire some upgraded draft picks in order to take on cutlers contract. It's not about trading cutler the QB it's about getting rid of Cutlers contract. Were not getting rid of it without giving up draft picks, and I'm guessing very good ones. As leomaz said, it would be stupid of the bears to do that, so I am pretty sure we are stuck with him for at least another year. Emery really fucked us with that contract...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Maybe you haven't heard, but getting rid of jay cutler would cost the bears a pick) No it would bring us one. A 3 or 4 RD pic. Personally we win even if we get nothing but out from under that contract. If it was not for the money then I would not be in a big hurry to get rid of him as I believe there is no real replacement currently out there. This is not a NOON HATES JAY thing, this is a noon loves Bears thing. This is about the future.

No GM with a tenth of a brain would trade a third or fourth pick for Cutler unless they were getting an asset in return. Cutler is untradeable right now. His contract is just too expensive for an average, at best, QB. Teams would be better off signing Hoyer to a reasonable contract or drafting a QB.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't know why you think this. You have this totally backwards. I know that in the days of max Cutler hysteria in December that a few analysts were suggesting this, but that's quite simply insane. The Bears can definitely trade Cutler and get a pick, because out of 32 NFL teams, 16 of them need QB upgrades, and if there is one thing this league has proven over and over and over again, it is that some desperate team somewhere exists that wants a starting grade QB and will pay for it.

I am hardly a Cutler lover, but suggesting that the Bears could only get rid of him by packaging a pick is literally crazy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the bad money year for cutler. They moved 4 million of last years to this years money, which is why it seems high. I am pretty sure that there would be some 4 million worth of compensation to cover that money that got moved on the deal, or maybe the bears would just flat out have to pay it and go on the dead money column. Cutler is 11th at 16.5 and the team that takes him only has the two years left of guaranteed money. Russell Wilson will move up on the list, some will go away if Manning retires, but its not like they are taking a guy they are stuck with for 6 years.

I would not call that un-tradable. Un-wantable, maybe, but not un-tradable.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the bad money year for cutler. They moved 4 million of last years to this years money, which is why it seems high. I am pretty sure that there would be some 4 million worth of compensation to cover that money that got moved on the deal, or maybe the bears would just flat out have to pay it and go on the dead money column. Cutler is 11th at 16.5 and the team that takes him only has the two years left of guaranteed money. Russell Wilson will move up on the list, some will go away if Manning retires, but its not like they are taking a guy they are stuck with for 6 years.

I would not call that un-tradable. Un-wantable, maybe, but not un-tradable.

Well, I didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in. I still don't see a QB desperate team trading for cutler. They know what he is and it's not someone you want starting at QB, especially this late in his career and at the price he would cost. I still see him as untradeable until the end of next year.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Well, I didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in. I still don't see a QB desperate team trading for cutler. They know what he is and it's not someone you want starting at QB, especially this late in his career and at the price he would cost. I still see him as untradeable until the end of next year.

You, I, and many other Bears fans may agree with you, but believe me, there's a GM under pressure in a chronically losing city somewhere that doesn't think like you or me. There's a market for Cutler. Whether it's enough or not, I don't know, but he does have a market.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, I, and many other Bears fans may agree with you, but believe me, there's a GM under pressure in a chronically losing city somewhere that doesn't think like you or me. There's a market for Cutler. Whether it's enough or not, I don't know, but he does have a market.

CFL??

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My View of The Bears right now:
I know after a dumpster fire of a season the fan base is going to be down. I'm down too. But as always I'm optimistic about a quick turn around. Here's why:
(these are my opinions- you may disagree- but it's just me)
Addition by subtraction- Ryan Pace is still a mystery. But by all accounts he's a up and coming GM candidate that has good standing in the league... Getting rid of Emery and his power hungry ways is a positive. Time will tell- and the draft will be a key factor, as it is for all teams. At this point it's a good hire for me.
The Coaching change- Of all the available teams that needed new coaches The Chicago Bears landed the best available. The Coaching staff has come together to be (on paper) one of the best in the league. JMO. The greatest need of Defensive change we landed one of the best DC's in the game.
They upgraded in all major positions HC, OC, DC.

The Culture of Bears Football- it completely collapsed under Emery and Trestman- locker room rifts, poor accountability, infighting, and players out for themselves. Again addition by subtraction- I firmly believe that E and T lost the team and couldn't get it back- If Fox and company can instill a little more team. This team will be better for it. (and I believe will see More wins on the field)

The Quarterback position-
The much talked about- over and over again.... One thing the bears have that 1/2 the teams don't- is they have a QB. They have options. They are NOT in a situations where they don't know what they have and are hopping that a first round pick isn't a bust. They know they CAN win with the guy they have. (They were one game away from the SB with this QB when they had a defense that played) AND they have already paid him. He's on the books. If traded or released they become a team looking. And that's not a good place to be... just ask any Bears fan from 1990-2008. There is no guarantee that "the Next guy" is going to be the answer either.

Clean slate-
The Defense sucked- and needs a complete overhaul. If there was any time to change schemes or go in a different direction this is the time. It's not a "you are the new DC, but I want you to run someone else's scheme" No more... "we are sticking with these vets and we want "you" to work with them." It's a clean slate of do whatever you feel you can. Run your scheme. Whatever that might be. Hybrid/3-4/4-3 with 2 gap...whatever. Sky's the limit.

Offense- There are skill players and key aspects that CAN perform. Jeffery, Forte, Bennett, Marshall?, Cutler, Long, Bushrod...Is a good starting point for any incoming OC/HC. Can they get this unit to perform? 7 former probowlers on that unit. It's going to take some work to get a scheme that fits the personal- but again, it's a starting point that is worth taking on. Also it's not like they are missing key positions like in years past when there was no Oline, no WR's or no QB. While they could still use some additional help at the Oline, or another WR or RB... it's a good starting point.

Of course this is a difficult division and facing the Packers and Aaron Rodgers twice a year is going to be a challenge for any team. I just feel much better after the changes then I did on the last week of the season with the prospect of continuing with Tresty and Emery. Arrow is pointing up. Next year could be a bounce back year. And given the correct draft picks and a few free agents and some possible cuts...this franchise can be back in the SB conversation in much shorter time then some may believe.

Go Bears.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Getting rid of Emery and his power hungry ways is a positive.

Leaving everything else aside, I was curious about what you meant by this comment. Emery's "power hungry ways"? What ways were those? And in what respects is Pace different in that respect? I'm not challenging, I am asking, because honestly I have no idea what that means.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving everything else aside, I was curious about what you meant by this comment. Emery's "power hungry ways"? What ways were those? And in what respects is Pace different in that respect? I'm not challenging, I am asking, because honestly I have no idea what that means.
Well for one example he picked Tdogs staff. Most coaches pick their own.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay... It's my perception, so "power hungry" might not have been the best use of words but this is what I have learned since his canning:
It was Emery who: Hired Tucker/DeCamillis. Before he hired Tresty, and who pissed off Marinelli so bad that he took a step down in Dallas.
It was Emery who botched the Urlacher stuff- (as much as I think it was the right move he could have handled it better)
It was Emery who changed the Locker Room and Rotating captains on game day. (not Trestman as previously thought- though he did go along with it)

It was Emery who agreed to let Marshall do his show in New York. (and Trestman going along with it too)

He also didn't take action when Kromer was talking shit and didn't fire him- and passed the buck to Trestman. (who also didn't take action)
And Right or wrong- He signed Jay to a massive contract... Why didn't he back him up when Kromer was talking shit- Why didn't he fight for his guy when the coaching staff tried, successfully, to shift all blame to Cutler? I mean Emery is the one who signed him.
(IMO Trestman clearly bad mouthed Jay to John Gruden and any national announcers they had doing their games the last few weeks- Kromer leaked stuff to Ian Rappaport... So those guys, Gruden especially- beat the crap out of Jay on just about everything in that Saints game. Creating the national talking point of "Look at how bad Jay Cutler is...it's not Marc's offense...it's Jay". When they benched him it, "made sense" to the national guys. Trestman was trying to save his job- that didn't work, but it got enough people talking that when he was hired in Baltimore it was/is perceived that Trestman wasn't the problem.- When I think it was such a bad breakdown of trust- That's just not what you do. It was cowardly.) And Emery let it all happen.

I think he did some good things too... but he tried to change the culture- Which is fine and his right- but what he changed it into didn't work and had not worked before. It was just odd.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who really did what. I know Lovie had a speed and flexibility mindset for his players. Trestman went to a strength guy, wanted to get bigger and burlier. First season the groin and hammy injuries were out of hand. Something changed with conditioning. i dont know what Fox is going with so hopefully its a way to ween the players off what they were doing and not change speeds all together again.

Emery believed his press, next big deal GM. But instead of hiring a coach like Arians he chose to hire a coach that would be grateful and easily controlled. Tresty probably had some talks with other head coaches and realized what he should have been allowed to do on his own.

Bottom line, Tresty is a stand up guy, he took a job instead of staying home getting paid. To me that says something about his character. Could have sat for a two years and gotten 7 million dollars, invested it right, never have to work again. We will see how his offense does, because bottom line, he should have just been hired as the OC here.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Tresty is a stand up guy, he took a job instead of staying home getting paid. To me that says something about his character. Could have sat for a two years and gotten 7 million dollars, invested it right, never have to work again. We will see how his offense does, because bottom line, he should have just been hired as the OC here

nah... I see a weasel who has failed in every job he's had after 2 seasons. (except the CFL) The first year is pretty good and then the second is crap and he's fired. That's consistent throughout his career. Nobody wanted him in the NFL for years.
Emery outsmarted himself and found a guy in his own image who would take the crappiest offer- do the "trial" press conference- (what did that actually show them? his PC's were idiotic) This is a man who took a HC job in which the GM dictated who his DC and ST coaches were. Trestman KNEW that he wouldn't be getting many calls after sitting out a year. Coaches who get fired after 2 years after such a distasteful season rarely if ever get back in. Look how long it took for him to get another job in the NFL before the Bears.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I really do like the Fox hire, it really worries me that Denver fans were ready to move on from fox and blame him for their shortcomings. I have seen several other fans bashing the hire as well, but I think we may be a little to drunk on the hometown kool aid to see it. I think we may have just gotten a pretty good head coach that is on the down hill in his career.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I really do like the Fox hire, it really worries me that Denver fans were ready to move on from fox and blame him for their shortcomings. I have seen several other fans bashing the hire as well, but I think we may be a little to drunk on the hometown kool aid to see it. I think we may have just gotten a pretty good head coach that is on the down hill in his career.

Football fans are fickle. Plus, do you honestly think Denver fans would ever disagree with their mascot...John Elway? :happy: