• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 16 Power Rankings going into the playoffs

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 8

1) Packers - They have only dropped one game this season. I know that the Lions threw more than 400 yards and 5 touchdowns, but Matthews, Woodson and other starting defenders did not play. The Packers still won the game with back ups.

2) Saints - The Saints are tied with the Patriots with the longest winning streak in the NFL. The Saints have dominated in during that winning streak as Drew Brees threw to an NFL record for most passing yards in a season. I know they are the 3rd seed in the NFC, but that is because they scheduled more AFC teams than the 49ers.

3) Patriots - The Patriots are clearly the top team in the AFC this season. Are they the best team in the AFC? We'll find out this next month, but they have played better the past 4 months than any AFC team. They have an 8 game winning streak like Saints, but in that streak, the Saints have been more dominant.

4) 49ers - The 49ers defense is one of the top in the NFL. There is no doubt that they have the best at stopping the run in the NFL. The Seahawks 1 rushing TD and the Rams 2 rushing TDs made the 49ers miss the NFL record for least amount of rushing TDs allowed (2). Although their offense is not very good with first downs and 3rd down conversions, they have won enough to get a 1st round bye.

5) Ravens - I know the Ravens defeated the team I have ranked above them, but their losses to the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Titans still bring them down. The Ravens defense is one of the best in the NFL. Their defense is in the top 5 in both passing yards allowed and rushing yards allowed. They defeated the Steelers twice.

6) Steelers - Pittsburgh did beat the team I have at #3 but they lost to my #4 team and they lost to my #5 team twice. They got a lot of talent on the team but they got pretty banged up this year. Although Roethlisberger showed a lot of heart while banged up, he still can't play 100%. James Harrison's dirty reputation caught up to him. But when they all are playing well, Steelers could be one of the best teams in the AFC, if not the NFL.

7) Detroit - The Lions defense got hit pretty hard against the Packers back ups. The first half of the season, it was looking like the Lions had a top defense in the NFL and the 2nd half of the season, they have kind of fallen off the grid. However, the Lions still have a lot of weapons.

8) Falcons - This spot came down to the Falcons and the Texans. five weeks ago, these two teams faced each other and the Texans won. However, Houston dropped their last 3 games. The Falcons has gone 3-1 since then, dominating 2 of the games and losing to the team I have ranked #2.

Next 8

9) Texans
10) Giants
11) Cincinnati
12) Titans
13) Eagles
14) Arizona
15) Dallas
16) Bears

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions:

1. What does this mean??

Top 8
\

2) Saints - The Saints are tied with the Patriots with the longest winning streak in the NFL. The Saints have dominated in during that winning streak as Drew Brees threw to an NFL record for most passing yards in a season. I know they are the 3rd seed in the NFC, but that is because they scheduled more AFC teams than the 49ers.

2. Was this just one giant ride on the Broncos to expand the rankings out to 16 teams (even though 12 teams make the playoffs)?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions:

1. What does this mean??

2. Was this just one giant ride on the Broncos to expand the rankings out to 16 teams (even though 12 teams make the playoffs)?

The Saints and 49ers finished with the same record. The 49ers won the tie breaker because of their record against NFC opponents.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints and 49ers finished with the same record. The 49ers won the tie breaker because of their record against NFC opponents.

Oh ok, your wording the first time didnt make sense to me. It sounded as if you thought the teams "scheduled" games like they do in college.

Also, Denver has to rise in the ranks a bit after this week!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, your wording the first time didnt make sense to me. It sounded as if you thought the teams "scheduled" games like they do in college.

Also, Denver has to rise in the ranks a bit after this week!

Yes, Denver would rise after this past weekend. They dropped after losing 3 straight.