• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a little chat and he ended up offering Zeke, any of his WRs and his 2nd for Adams. His WRs are not very good. OBJ is probably his best. Maybe Shenault. I think the value is ok, but I feel like i could get more elsewhere. I have had talks with a few people about Adams and they all love him. Plus, I think I would be building for next year if I moved Adams and should go after a 1st instead of Zeke. Although, I may he able to flip a pick for a WR, but that's not a guarantee.

Yeah. I think if you move Adams you are basically punting the year.

Even in a seasonal redraft, I’d be hard pressed to move Adams for Zeke.

I’d keep fishing elsewhere without involving Adams.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it carries any weight, i have Adams in my other dynasty league. I was planning on moving him at the end of the fantasy season because i just dont trust Love to be the same QB as Rodgers.

If someone were to offer Zeke for Adams right now, yes, that would be a very tough decision this early in the season. But imo Zeke would balance what you think you'd lose in Adams' fantasy points.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it carries any weight, i have Adams in my other dynasty league. I was planning on moving him at the end of the fantasy season because i just dont trust Love to be the same QB as Rodgers.

If someone were to offer Zeke for Adams right now, yes, that would be a very tough decision this early in the season. But imo Zeke would balance what you think you'd lose in Adams' fantasy points.
Good point about Adam’s future. How big a drop once Love is the QB? Could be like a drop off a cliff.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good counter to my point.

I may be overthinking.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Adam’s future. How big a drop once Love is the QB? Could be like a drop off a cliff.

could be... but shouldnt be... lots of WR1s have mediocre to bad QBs... the level of QB doesnt really affect the target share... in fact the worse the QB it is likely that the target share would increase because they NEED to pass more often AND because bad QBs tend to want security blankets...

the problem is the TD efficiency... that will definitely decrease... but not many WRs get over 10 TDs per season... so i cant see him falling too much on the WR rankings...

there is of course the mental side too, as Adams has always been on an elite offense, if he is not, he can always quit on the field or retire in real life... But if he does ask to be traded, you have to also assume he has a no trade clause that will let him control where he goes to...

Point is, even without rodgers, i still see him to be an every game start in fantasy.... and that wont change until something much bigger than having Love as the QB happens... I mean, this off-season when we all thought Rodgers was not coming back, Adams was still a WR1...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of WR1s have mediocre to bad QBs...
I may be an expert here. Bears have a lot of mediocre-to-bad QB, yet Allen Robinson was still productive.

Maybe the jury is still out in Justin Fields, but since taking over, ARob is well under expectations.

Point is for me anyway is, yes, I agree that Adams is elite. But the whole dynamic of the offense may change without Rodgers. And if Love is mediocre, there is no guarantee Adams has the same level of production. Has me concerned.

Look how many bailed on Deandre Hopkins when he was traded to AZ. They were worried of exactly what we are discussing...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about Adams after this year, but this is the last year on his contract. They could franchise him, but I imagine they would work out some sort of a sign and trade deal if Rodgers were to leave.

What it boils down to is that Adams is the key to either me making a run this year or me building towards next year. And I have a week to decide which it will be.

I did not win my game this week after stat adjustments, by the way, so my record is 2-3. If I drop to 2-4, I will have a serious battle in my head next week to figure out which direction I am going to go. My guess is that I will look for a deal that gains an early round pick and a player that could help me make a run this year if things break right and I have had talks with people which would let me do just that if they feel the same way after this week.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the deadline to trade picks in my league is kickoff of the Thursday game this week. I'm now 3-3 and had a good week. I am now 2nd in total points and 4th in All Play record out of 12 teams.

My offense...

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Fournette, Moss, Carter, Darrel Williams, Pollard, Mattison (I also have Jeff Wilson on IR)
WR - Adams, Deebo, Sutton, Boyd
TE - Fant

I have some feelers out and have a deal in place with a guy who is waiting to hear back from a guy about something, but if he doesn't by 6pm, we are going with our deal. I am pretty sure the other guy he is talking to is in sell mode with his team and the offer they are discussing would not fit that agenda for the other guy. So, I think we will be moving forward. I would send Carter, Sutton and my 4th for Zeke, an IDP (I have a lot of my defense on bye this week), and his 11th. I also have been talking to the guy who is selling and he has Tee Higgins available and wants a 6th for him. These moves would give me a roster like this...

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Zeke, Fournette, Moss, Darrel Williams, Pollard, Mattison, Wilson (IR)
WR - Adams, Deebo, Higgins, Boyd
TE - Fant

I would also have to give up a player in the Higgins deal. It could be an IDP on bye (Minkah), but I was thinking Moss, probably. Could also be Darrel (he has CEH, so that makes sense and maybe I could tweak the draft pick, although I doubt it. Plus, that would hurt my team this week with Barkley out and Moss, Zeke, Pollard, and Mattison on bye. It could also be Boyd.

Anyway, if I did these deals, I would be without my 4, 6, and 7 next year, but I have an extra pick in the 3rd and 12th already and would pick up an 11th and whatever I get back in the Higgins deal (would shoot for another 11th, but may fall in the 13-15 range).

I think this is probably the best I can do without offering up 1sts or 2nds. Plus, there just really isn't another team looking for picks, so I would have to overpay, most likely. And I should be able to make up something in the 4-8 range in the offseason when we can trade before our final cuts, since I will have a lot of keeper options (we ultimately keep 2 offensive players.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the deadline to trade picks in my league is kickoff of the Thursday game this week. I'm now 3-3 and had a good week. I am now 2nd in total points and 4th in All Play record out of 12 teams.

My offense...

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Fournette, Moss, Carter, Darrel Williams, Pollard, Mattison (I also have Jeff Wilson on IR)
WR - Adams, Deebo, Sutton, Boyd
TE - Fant

I have some feelers out and have a deal in place with a guy who is waiting to hear back from a guy about something, but if he doesn't by 6pm, we are going with our deal. I am pretty sure the other guy he is talking to is in sell mode with his team and the offer they are discussing would not fit that agenda for the other guy. So, I think we will be moving forward. I would send Carter, Sutton and my 4th for Zeke, an IDP (I have a lot of my defense on bye this week), and his 11th. I also have been talking to the guy who is selling and he has Tee Higgins available and wants a 6th for him. These moves would give me a roster like this...

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Zeke, Fournette, Moss, Darrel Williams, Pollard, Mattison, Wilson (IR)
WR - Adams, Deebo, Higgins, Boyd
TE - Fant

I would also have to give up a player in the Higgins deal. It could be an IDP on bye (Minkah), but I was thinking Moss, probably. Could also be Darrel (he has CEH, so that makes sense and maybe I could tweak the draft pick, although I doubt it. Plus, that would hurt my team this week with Barkley out and Moss, Zeke, Pollard, and Mattison on bye. It could also be Boyd.

Anyway, if I did these deals, I would be without my 4, 6, and 7 next year, but I have an extra pick in the 3rd and 12th already and would pick up an 11th and whatever I get back in the Higgins deal (would shoot for another 11th, but may fall in the 13-15 range).

I think this is probably the best I can do without offering up 1sts or 2nds. Plus, there just really isn't another team looking for picks, so I would have to overpay, most likely. And I should be able to make up something in the 4-8 range in the offseason when we can trade before our final cuts, since I will have a lot of keeper options (we ultimately keep 2 offensive players.)

Sutton, Carter and a 4th for Zeke?

Giddy up!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton, Carter and a 4th for Zeke?

Giddy up!
Yeah. I know he is high on Carter. It was more the Higgins thing that I am tossing around.

Also have a new name thrown into the mix. Talked to the Diggs owner and he is willing to move him. He would rather have a starting RB in the deal, but will take a pick if it is high enough

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I know he is high on Carter. It was more the Higgins thing that I am tossing around.

Also have a new name thrown into the mix. Talked to the Diggs owner and he is willing to move him. He would rather have a starting RB in the deal, but will take a pick if it is high enough

I’m a big believer in early-middle picks not mattering. Higgins for a 6th is no question for me.

So you go in next year without 4,5,6,7… who cares. You will get players in 8,9,10,11 with equal chance at upside. Then comes waivers and more trades.

Sell those picks to teams who thinks it makes a difference. When you can only keep two, having a couple extra 4ths or 5ths isn’t gonna change the season, imo.

Is there a league that ARob wasn’t drafted before AB? (One example, but there are dozens).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to the Diggs guy. He wants Fournette and he is willing to give me a bump in draft picks (nothing major, he offered Leonard and an 8th for Diggs and his 5th.)

Seriously considering it.

Also have a guy interested in Deebo and he is pretty strong at RB.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to the Diggs guy. He wants Fournette and he is willing to give me a bump in draft picks (nothing major, he offered Leonard and an 8th for Diggs and his 5th.)

Seriously considering it.

Also have a guy interested in Deebo and he is pretty strong at RB.

Just accepted Diggs and Cooks for Lamb and M Sanders.
Cooks helps me this week, but I think Diggs has a better second half than Lamb.