• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always worth a shot, but I doubt Deebo and a RB not named Barkley plus a 3rd works TBH. Cook is his RB1 and Deebo would be like WR3 for him. Not suggesting you offer Adams as your WR corp needs him. Always tough to pass on trading for a stud like Cook but many times it is the practical thing to do.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm trying to clear a roster spot to put in on a couple FAs that I like and I hit up the Cook owner to see if I can deal Mattison to him for a draft pick and he hits me back and asks me what I would give him for Cook.

My team

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Fournette, Moss, Pollard, Mattison, Carter, Ty'Son
WR - Adams, Deebo, Sutton, Boyd, R. Moore
TE - Fant

His team

QB - Hebert
RB - Cook, Mixon, Gibson, Sanders
WR - Lamb, Moore, Corey Davis, AJ Green, Meyers
TE - Kittle, Logan Thomas, Hunter

I know he likes Adams and would want him in the deal, but I am trying to avoid moving him or Barkley. This is a keeper league and we keep 2 offensive players, so it is like our draft starts in round 3 of a redraft with the keepers. Not exactly, because a couple of players are kept that would not go in the first 2 rounds of a redraft, but you get the point. I bring this up because we can trade draft picks and I have an extra 3rd already. I'm wondering if I could pry Cook from him for Deebo, Fournette (or any RB not named Barkley) and a pick. I figure I can go as high as a 3 and not affect my setup next season at this point. I'm not sure if that is enough, though.

But I also worry that this may be the signs of him breaking down after a heavy load last season. I would have Mattison, also, but I already have him and I can hit up someone else and try to deal Moss or Pollard or something for the roster spot. I plan on putting in for Damian Williams and Kenny Golladay. My team is 2-2. Lost a close on in week 1, then split the next 2, but didn't put up a lot of points. Last week, I dominated and missed the high mark of the season for 1 week by about a point. I feel like there is someone who is going to emerge as a solid starting RB from my group and Barkley looks like he is going to be back to form down the stretch. I may not want to shake anything up at this point.

Adams for Cook straight up I would think about, if my other WR kept me comfortable. I don’t get that feeling in your scenario.

I guess the question is, do you want to keep Adams next year? Or go into ‘22 with Barkley and Cook?

Maybe it’s wise to check in on the Zeke owner and see if something can be done to boost your WR group. Then revisit Cook.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s wise to check in on the Zeke owner and see if something can be done to boost your WR group. Then revisit Cook.
This is sort of what I did. I dangled Deebo in front of the Zeke owner to see what I needed to add to get him. We'll see how it goes.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of what I did. I dangled Deebo in front of the Zeke owner to see what I needed to add to get him. We'll see how it goes.

I was thinking selling them Pollard with Sutton or Boyd to get a better WR.

Getting Zeke would be instead of getting Cook. Tough choices for you

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking selling them Pollard with Sutton or Boyd to get a better WR.

Getting Zeke would be instead of getting Cook. Tough choices for you
His WRs aren't much. I don't think there is an upgrade to Sutton or Boyd to be had. Off the top of my head, OBJ and Aiyuk are probably his best unless I am forgetting someone.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His WRs aren't much. I don't think there is an upgrade to Sutton or Boyd to be had. Off the top of my head, OBJ and Aiyuk are probably his best unless I am forgetting someone.

Pollard/Moore for Beckham? Crazy that isn’t automatic. Even Boyd or Sutton and Pollard in another time.

Arghh…what happened to OBJ?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is no moore. He is now Kenny Golladay after waivers last night.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollard/Moore for Beckham? Crazy that isn’t automatic. Even Boyd or Sutton and Pollard in another time.

Arghh…what happened to OBJ?
I'm hoping he is just gaining confidence after the injury and he will hit his midseason form around... midseason or so.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a little waiver advice. My team is 2-2 with this week's match pending. As of now, I am taking the L by .12 points, but we will have to wait for stat adjustments to come and the results finalize on Thursday. This will be my 3rd game that will come down to a stat adjustment. I'm 1-1 in the other 2. We start 2 RBs/2 WRs and 1 flex (R/W/T).

QB - Mahomes
RB - Barkley, Fournette, Moss, Pollard, Mattison, Carter
WR - Adams, Deebo, Sutton, Boyd, Golladay
TE - Fant

Trying to figure out if I want to drop anyone and go after someone like Booker and/or Darrel Williams or maybe even Toney. We do not have a waiver order as we use a blind bidding FA system with no $ limit.

I also have Devin Bush on the bench that I picked up last week and have Deion Jones on bye. I could drop him, but I feel like he could be a stud when he gets healthy, but I usually don't carry any IDPs on my bench unless there is someone on bye that I do not want to drop. Deion Jones probably falls in this category, but I am not sure yet. I could dump Bush and hope nobody stashes him if he does miss any time with this injury (not much info about that as of yet).

I figure I should dump Carter and Golladay and put in for Booker and Williams, with Toney as a backup plan, right? I do like Golladay for the end of the season, but he doesn't do me much good if he is not healthy. Also, with Jones all concussed, there is no way of telling how him and Glennon will mesh. I almost feel like if I lose either of those guys (Carter and/or Golladay), I have a decent chance that they will reappear on the ww at some point in the next couple of weeks. Carter is on bye this week, so there is no chance of him having a monster game and being picked up (won't be eligible until next week). But I worry that they may use the bye week to game plan more towards him being in a featured role, although, he hasn't shown all that much to earn it so far. Williams and Booker would be considered to start this week and every week until their respective starters come back.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, in this league our trade deadline for draft picks is before kickoff of week 7, so I will have to decide if I want to buy or sell or stay put after this week's games. Like I mentioned, I will probably be 2-3, but I am 3rd in total points, 6th in All Play, and my 3 losses will be by a total of about 10-12 points. I feel like a have a solid team, but I wouldn't consider it to be "strong" even if Barkley was 100%. We do keep 2 offensive players every year and I have solid options there with Barkley, Mahomes, Adams, and maybe even Deebo, if he keeps it up. I also have Dobbins on IR, who may be attractive to someone who ends up selling for next year as a potential keeper for them. I am thinking I should be closer to buy mode than sell mode and if I get interest in Dobbins, I may be able to get out of dealing a premium pick for help. Plus, I already have an extra pick in the 3rd round to play with.

I do get another week to look at it and a lot can change in that time, but wanted to get some input on that aspect, if possible. As always, thank you guys for your advice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a little waiver advice. My team is 2-2 with this week's match pending. As of now, I am taking the L by .12 points, but we will have to wait for stat adjustments to come and the results finalize on Thursday. This will be my 3rd game that will come down to a stat adjustment. I'm 1-1 in the other 2. We start 2 RBs/2 WRs and 1 flex (R/W/T).

QB - Mahomes
TE - Fant

Trying to figure out if I want to drop anyone and go after someone like Booker and/or Darrel Williams or maybe even Toney. We do not have a waiver order as we use a blind bidding FA system with no $ limit.

I also have Devin Bush on the bench that I picked up last week and have Deion Jones on bye. I could drop him, but I feel like he could be a stud when he gets healthy, but I usually don't carry any IDPs on my bench unless there is someone on bye that I do not want to drop. Deion Jones probably falls in this category, but I am not sure yet. I could dump Bush and hope nobody stashes him if he does miss any time with this injury (not much info about that as of yet).

I figure I should dump Carter and Golladay and put in for Booker and Williams, with Toney as a backup plan, right? I do like Golladay for the end of the season, but he doesn't do me much good if he is not healthy. Also, with Jones all concussed, there is no way of telling how him and Glennon will mesh. I almost feel like if I lose either of those guys (Carter and/or Golladay), I have a decent chance that they will reappear on the ww at some point in the next couple of weeks. Carter is on bye this week, so there is no chance of him having a monster game and being picked up (won't be eligible until next week). But I worry that they may use the bye week to game plan more towards him being in a featured role, although, he hasn't shown all that much to earn it so far. Williams and Booker would be considered to start this week and every week until their respective starters come back.

I would not drop Carter, sure the jets give him a low floor... but he has been doing well recently... and will only be getting better... Golladay seems useless on your team as a WR 5... and so will anyone you drop him for...

I like Darrell williams more than Booker because of the upside... high volume offense and all... but both are short term plays... and if Cook is not playing then you always have mattison as a starter...

I probably wouldnt waste money on these players... but if you do it would definitely be Williams for Golladay(backup would be Booker)... But i think both of them would be taken for more FAAB than i would put in if i were you.... And golladay is the only player i would drop in your starting offense...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not drop Carter, sure the jets give him a low floor... but he has been doing well recently... and will only be getting better... Golladay seems useless on your team as a WR 5... and so will anyone you drop him for...

I like Darrell williams more than Booker because of the upside... high volume offense and all... but both are short term plays... and if Cook is not playing then you always have mattison as a starter...

I probably wouldnt waste money on these players... but if you do it would definitely be Williams for Golladay(backup would be Booker)... But i think both of them would be taken for more FAAB than i would put in if i were you.... And golladay is the only player i would drop in your starting offense...
Our FAAB does not use a budget. We pay real money into the pot if it goes to an auction. Not sure if that makes a difference in your opinion or not, but I figured I would relay that information.

Also, on a side note, you should respond to your PMs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Booker is worth dropping anyone, but Darrel Williams I'd give a whirl. Hate to say it ( because I've been big on him since he arrived to the NFL) but Golladay likely a safer drop then a RB who has some up side in theory, always someone desperate for RB help, especially the way RBs have been getting injured.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Booker is worth dropping anyone, but Darrel Williams I'd give a whirl. Hate to say it ( because I've been big on him since he arrived to the NFL) but Golladay likely a safer drop then a RB who has some up side in theory, always someone desperate for RB help, especially the way RBs have been getting injured.

@femurov - this ^

Golladay would be my drop. I like to think talent will win out, but he cant stay on the field, super crowded receiving group naturally leads to inconsistencies on top of the injuries, and he's buried on your depth chart.

Williams would be the target over Booker. Both short term, yes, but Williams has a more realistic chance of carving out a larger timeshare, should he perform well in CEH's absence. Also rumors of KC interest in Marlon Mack surfacing today, so that could torpedo Williams' value in a hurry.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@femurov - this ^

Golladay would be my drop. I like to think talent will win out, but he cant stay on the field, super crowded receiving group naturally leads to inconsistencies on top of the injuries, and he's buried on your depth chart.

Williams would be the target over Booker. Both short term, yes, but Williams has a more realistic chance of carving out a larger timeshare, should he perform well in CEH's absence. Also rumors of KC interest in Marlon Mack surfacing today, so that could torpedo Williams' value in a hurry.
I did hear the Mack to KC chatter. It would be a great move for them, imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB - Mahomes
TE - Fant

Toney is fools gold imo.

Booker has two tough matchups coming up, Rams and Panthers.

Go all in on Williams. Drop one of the LB.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for an RB needy team and try and sell Golladay and Carter for a WR to battle Boyd/Sutton.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumped Golladay and got Darrel Williams. Thinking about offering Deebo, Moss, Dobbins and a pick for Zeke. My WRs would be pretty thin, but then I feel like I could trade off some of these mid range RBs for a little help there. Plus, the wire is kinder there than at RB, I feel. Dobbins could go straight to his IR and be considered when he looks at keepers for next year. He also has Jonathan Taylor and that wouldn't be a bad start. I could also replace Moss with Fournette, which I will probably have to do. Depends on how much he likes Deebo (he never answered my text and we didn't talk too much about it at work) and Dobbins. I will likely have to throw him back with Barkley, Mahomes and Adams as better options at this point.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumped Golladay and got Darrel Williams. Thinking about offering Deebo, Moss, Dobbins and a pick for Zeke. My WRs would be pretty thin, but then I feel like I could trade off some of these mid range RBs for a little help there. Plus, the wire is kinder there than at RB, I feel. Dobbins could go straight to his IR and be considered when he looks at keepers for next year. He also has Jonathan Taylor and that wouldn't be a bad start. I could also replace Moss with Fournette, which I will probably have to do. Depends on how much he likes Deebo (he never answered my text and we didn't talk too much about it at work) and Dobbins. I will likely have to throw him back with Barkley, Mahomes and Adams as better options at this point.

if you want to win this year, I think Fournette is a hold. He's getting the lead dog role in a Brady-led offense. Gio is there for passing downs, but Fournette still sees his share of targets most weeks, and has clearly established himself over Rojo so far this season.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a little chat and he ended up offering Zeke, any of his WRs and his 2nd for Adams. His WRs are not very good. OBJ is probably his best. Maybe Shenault. I think the value is ok, but I feel like i could get more elsewhere. I have had talks with a few people about Adams and they all love him. Plus, I think I would be building for next year if I moved Adams and should go after a 1st instead of Zeke. Although, I may he able to flip a pick for a WR, but that's not a guarantee.