• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason Plan

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can probably scratch Chris Culliver off your plan Taz. He doesnt seem to fit Chips culture...

Snip --

Prior to the Super Bowl during Media Day, Culliver had some strong words for gay players in the NFL. Asked by comedian/radio host Artie Lange, Culliver stated, "No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.... Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah." He also opined that any gay players should wait 10 years after retiring before coming out.[13] Culliver later apologized for his "ugly comments" that were "not what I feel in my heart".[14][15][16] In a reversal, he said he would welcome a gay teammate: "I treat everyone equal."[14] He added that he loved San Francisco, which has a large gay community.[14]

In April 2013, he made offensive comments about women on Instagram. The 49ers stated the matter was "being handled internally."[17]

On March 28, 2014, he was arrested for misdemeanor hit and run, misdemeanor driving on a suspended license, and felony possession of brass knuckles after allegedly hitting a bicyclist with his car

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Culliver

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of this at all. Sorry!

I am not a big fan of that draft either. However I think the Eagles need a G more then a CB. If the line falls apart Foles will be running for his life.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is who I drafted in that thing....
20: R1P20​
ILB SHAQ THOMPSON
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

52: R2P20​
CB JALEN COLLINS
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

84: R3P20​
S DERRON SMITH
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

116: R4P20​
RB TODD GURLEY
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

148: R5P20​
WR BRESHAD PERRIMAN
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

180: R6P20​
ILB/OLB A.J. JOHNSON
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

212: R7P20​
G MILES DIEFFENBACH
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Thompson and Turkey are 2 of my faces.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to edit faces to faves but I can't edit after 5 minutes? Weird.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big fan of that draft either. However I think the Eagles need a G more then a CB. If the line falls apart Foles will be running for his life.

While I don't agree that it is a bigger need than CB, it's time for the Eagles to add a guy here. We at least have Herremans coming back and his back up played better as a football player than our corners did. Our cornerbacks are AWFUL!

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't agree that it is a bigger need than CB, it's time for the Eagles to add a guy here. We at least have Herremans coming back and his back up played better as a football player than our corners did. Our cornerbacks are AWFUL!

Herremans wasn't looking too good even before the injury. We have no depth, we do have old age... at both OG, and LT. So I can see where he is coming from. Gardner was not an outright train wreck, but generally not much of a positive either...

As I see it, I would rate the needs thus - assuming we do not loose both Graham and Cole, and Maclin and McCoy stay as well:

1. CB
2. G
3. CB
4. S/QB
6. MLB
7. OLB (moves to nr 4 if Cole or Graham leavesm moves to 3 if both leave).
8. CB
9. OT (Get Peters' replacement, or a new RT so Johnson can slide over).
10. WR

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list, but I see it this way, also assuming that we fill some of these in free agency:
CB
S
ILB
WR (a stud to pair w/Maclin)
CB
OL
QB (late rd pick to groom)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CB Trae Waynes
2. ILB Eric Kendricks
3. Trade to Houston for Andre Johnson WR
4. S
5. OG

If I get a great offer, I consider trading McCoy for a pick, part of which I use on RB Gurley.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah after Polk stole all the goal line work I think we move Shady.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah after Polk stole all the goal line work I think we move Shady.

I like the adjustment that CK made late in the year with getting polk more carries in the red zone but to be honest Polk is no where near as good as Shady is from 10 to 10 (10 yard line to 10 yard line) Was going to sway between the twenty but I find that shady drops off once we get to the 10 because he is not one of those hard nosed runners.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Polk look good and various lesser talents look good in TC and Preseason (guys that were cut) I would move Shady and spend some of that cap.
2014 NFL Cap Tracker

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Polk look good and various lesser talents look good in TC and Preseason (guys that were cut) I would move Shady and spend some of that cap.
2014 NFL Cap Tracker

If you move Shady, you better bring somebody in. Polk hasn't had a healthy season since junior high.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you move Shady, you better bring somebody in. Polk hasn't had a healthy season since junior high.

Exactly..and a rookie isnt ideal. Better idea imo is to keep Mccoy 2 more years at least. Draft a guy in 2016 to replace Sproles...and have a better idea about Polk.

That said..it really depends what is offered. Like Chip said, 17 #1s and u can have him. Lol.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly..and a rookie isnt ideal. Better idea imo is to keep Mccoy 2 more years at least. Draft a guy in 2016 to replace Sproles...and have a better idea about Polk.

That said..it really depends what is offered. Like Chip said, 17 #1s and u can have him. Lol.

I'd take the deal if I get a pick where I know I will get a guy like Gurley. I think, much like the QB position, I this offense any Good RB with running and pass catching skills would do well. Not sure where Gurley is slotted to go in the draft (I've seen him rounds 1-4) and I haven't studied the other RBs yet. I do think Shady has either lost a step or lost some drive, so it is a good time to consider a trade.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie RB's come in and contribute immediately all over the league ... Polk wouldn't have to make up for Shady's yards by himself. Look at a team like Cincy ... two years in a row they plug in rookie RB's for big roles and they do just fine. Shady likely isn't going anywhere and especially not if he's open to some restructuring ... but we could survive just fine without him imo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Polk but they would certainly need more backs if they traded Shady. Polk runs so hard, he gets hurt.

Again, I see trading Shady as a pipe dream.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Plan.

QB. Foles is the man until proven otherwise. Let the Sanchize walk. We went 4-4 with the OL intact. Foles went 6-2 with the line in shambles. Barkley should be number 2 next year. Maybe draft a project like that former Oregon kid in the late rounds to be number 3.

OL. No real changes. Herremans comes back and there is a little competition at RG. Hopefully Johnson gets better and the guys stays healthy With Peters and Mathis still good for a few mores years, the team is really only looking for high upside projects to develop.

TE. Casey is at risk with Burton's development and his high salary. I think he sticks around as this team believes in honoring contracts to high character guys, even if they only play special teams.

WR. Re-signing Maclin is job 1 and I think they gitter done. He is at risk of going home to Missouri and playing for Andy Reid though. The rookies are developing nicely and I think Cooper's job, while not at risk, his playing time is.

DL. Great young group. Pay Cox and Thorton whatever is appropriate.

OLB. Cole/Graham is a big question. Both will want starter's pay and minutes, so one of them is gone. I think they will try to sign Graham and if he balks at a reasonable contract, they will re-structure the Cole deal. Smith is the number three guy next year, and if he performs could push Graham or Cole to a part time role.

ILB. Kendricks is a stud. Ryans is a question mark. Can't see them paying $7M to a 30 year old coming off his second achilles injury. I see a restructure and some rookie competition in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Safety. Allen walks. Good opportunity for a Free Agent. Not clear who is out there?

CB. Fletcher walks. Good opportunity for a Free Agent. Not clear who is out there? I think Watkins could earn a job.

I don't really expect big things in Free Agency this year unless you count Maclin and Graham as Free Agent signings. A CFL guy like Breaux could be signed to compete in the secondary. The draft should be top heavy with Corner, Safety and ILB.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB. I think Shady is safe to come back as the starter. It would be another DJAX sort of move to cut him. Sproles and Polk are excellent role players but neither seems like the guy to count on long term.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did the eagles ever say or give the idea that they might trade shady

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles have ever given that out that they would move Shady. People (including myself) just speculating as (1) he is arguably the third most productive player on a carry to carry basis, (2), his contract gives him a $2M raise this year, (3), there is not much dead money left on his contract. Its essentially a year to year deal now, and (4), In many ways he is a punk a$$ kid just like DJAX. Its not unreasonable to think that the Eagles may be less than thrilled with the guy.

That being said, I still think he stays. Its just not a slam dunk.