• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My "Jerry is a Fool" Thread of the Week

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as well as i do that Rodgers was out for half the season and our best playmaker (Cobb) was out for 12 weeks. We still made the playoffs. If Romo and Bryant were out that long, they would have been lucky to win 5 games, they have no depth. It's Jerry's fault, all those face lifts have affected his vision

HA HA HA

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,,,Stephen Jones is the answer...Jerry has been training him in the ways of a megalomaniac for years now. I don't the we'd even notice the change at this point...

Then the Cowboys are destined for mediocrity for the foreseeable future

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I'm saying. Cowboys fans should, of course, stay Cowboys fans but the fans deserve a better product on the field. Jerry Jones should step aside. If he were the GM of the Packers I would want that

If your excuse for last year is Rodgers being out, maybe you should demand Thompson quit because he didn't have a qualified backup...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I'm saying. Cowboys fans should, of course, stay Cowboys fans but the fans deserve a better product on the field. Jerry Jones should step aside. If he were the GM of the Packers I would want that

well if you paid attention to cowboy fans they have been asking for that forever.
your not bringing anything new to the table.
I think most of us nowadays when we hear another teams fan say that we just roll our eyes.

you really need to catch up

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your excuse for last year is Rodgers being out, maybe you should demand Thompson quit because he didn't have a qualified backup...

Thompson DID NOT have a credible back up, that pissed me off but fire him for that? Nah, he's proved his ability to sign AND keep quality players. his Track record is solid.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you paid attention to cowboy fans they have been asking for that forever.
I think most of us nowadays when we hear another teams fan say that we just roll our eyes.

You're right. I do not know much about the Cowboys front office, I tend to stay focused on the Bears, Lions and Vikings..

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's not about to humbly do anything. Jerry and humility in the same sentence? Now that's some good shit right there.

Look, Jerry is a very intelligent man who could take a pile of cow dung and turn it into a billion dollar business.

The thing with Jerry is that winning isn't enough. He has to win doing it his way.

Amateur psychoanalysis on my part but I still think, 20 years later, the ghost of Jimmy Johnson is haunting Jerry. He has been trying to prove all these years he could do it and silence the critics who claim Jimmy was the reason they won those three Super Bowls. Yes, even the one he didn't coach in.

Add to that Jerry's penchant for never meeting a microphone he didn't like, I think he has backed himself into a corner. An owner like, say the one in Baltimore, who is very private and quiet, makes changes and no one really makes a big deal out of it. If Jerry, on the other hand, were to come out and admit to the world he was wrong and his way can't work....

I don't think his ego could handle the public humiliation that would certainly be heaped upon him by certain segments of the media and football fan bases.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ding Ding Ding

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Cowboys are destined for mediocrity for the foreseeable future

Or win in spite of him. My thinking is that If Trent Dilfer can win a SB as a starting QB, then Jerry can win one as a GM...every team has weaknesses, ours just happens to be the one picking the talent. Back to the blind squirrel theory. Jerry can't build a dynasty on his own, but he could possibly luck into a couple SBs.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's not about to humbly do anything. Jerry and humility in the same sentence? Now that's some good shit right there.

Look, Jerry is a very intelligent man who could take a pile of cow dung and turn it into a billion dollar business.

The thing with Jerry is that winning isn't enough. He has to win doing it his way.

Amateur psychoanalysis on my part but I still think, 20 years later, the ghost of Jimmy Johnson is haunting Jerry. He has been trying to prove all these years he could do it and silence the critics who claim Jimmy was the reason they won those three Super Bowls. Yes, even the one he didn't coach in.

Add to that Jerry's penchant for never meeting a microphone he didn't like, I think he has backed himself into a corner. An owner like, say the one in Baltimore, who is very private and quiet, makes changes and no one really makes a big deal out of it. If Jerry, on the other hand, were to come out and admit to the world he was wrong and his way can't work....

I don't think his ego could handle the public humiliation that would certainly be heaped upon him by certain segments of the media and football fan bases.

Sounds more like a Hollywood producer than a Football owner

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you hit that nail on the head pretty solid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I do not know much about the Cowboys front office, I tend to stay focused on the Bears, Lions and Vikings..

Yet here you are talking about it anyway. God bless the Internet..l

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or win in spite of him. My thinking is that If Trent Dilfer can win a SB as a starting QB, then Jerry can win one as a GM...every team has weaknesses, ours just happens to be the one picking the talent. Back to the blind squirrel theory. Jerry can't build a dynasty on his own, but he could possibly luck into a couple SBs.

Romo's window is closing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why in the world would you ruin such a great post with the bolded? From what I read (admittedly from afar) balls, timing and a gamblers mentality were a lot more necessary than brains to get rich like Jerry did...