• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My "Jerry is a Fool" Thread of the Week

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are talking about it anyway. God bless the Internet..l

Isn't that what this place is for? There's a lot of history between the Packers and Cowboys, from the ice bowl to the NFL championship game when Favre threw that horrible pick near the end of the game at the old stadium, to the unlikely comeback last season with Flynn at QB. I like the history between these two teams and look forward to many more meaningful games. I want to see the Packers and Cowboys in the NFCCG at lambeau with both teams going 14 and 2 in the regular season!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I do not know much about the Cowboys front office, I tend to stay focused on the Bears, Lions and Vikings..

Isn't that what this place is for? There's a lot of history between the Packers and Cowboys, from the ice bowl to the NFL championship game when Favre threw that horrible pick near the end of the game at the old stadium, to the unlikely comeback last season with Flynn at QB. I like the history between these two teams and look forward to many more meaningful games. I want to see the Packers and Cowboys in the NFCCG at lambeau with both teams going 14 and 2 in the regular season!

thought you didn't pay attention to the Cowboys?

So you came here to talk about the front office you know nothing about.......... were you gonna teach us something new?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a football fan longer than you have been alive

You just like to talk about things of which you don't know, huh? How did you know PDay was going to be a HS Senior this year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would you ruin such a great post with the bolded? From what I read (admittedly from afar) balls, timing and a gamblers mentality were a lot more necessary than brains to get rich like Jerry did...

Actually, I come to that conclusion based on what he has done as Cowboys owner.

You may not know this, but the previous two owners of the Cowboys were in serious financial situations which was why they sold the team. Through some very ballsy, intelligent and creative methods, Jerry has not only changed the financial worth tremendously for the Cowboys, but set the standard for other owners to do the same for the franchises.

Many franchises in multiple sports have followed some of Jerry's methods and increased their franchises' net worth.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More astute relevant commentary?

What a free thinker you are.

Just making a point, you yourself just said Thompson had no decent back up to Rodgers, the Cowboys are in the same boat. sorry that went over your head. I'll try and dumb it down for you in the future

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, I hear ya.

But, newsflash, most Cowboy fans don't think Jerry is a good GM and most of us probably think Romo's window has already closed.

Got anything new?

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought you didn't pay attention to the Cowboys?

So you came here to talk about the front office you know nothing about.......... were you gonna teach us something new?

I pay attention to the games. I don't pay attention to Cowboys front office. I'm just trying to make conversation, geez, you guys are a buzz kill

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just making a point, you yourself just said Thompson had no decent back up to Rodgers, the Cowboys are in the same boat. sorry that went over your head. I'll try and dumb it down for you in the future

You're the guy spouting conventional wisdom. I'd prefer you wise it up. I just thought you should put your money where your mouth is and demand Thompson resign as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I come to that conclusion based on what he has done as Cowboys owner.

You may not know this, but the previous two owners of the Cowboys were in serious financial situations which was why they sold the team. Through some very ballsy, intelligent and creative methods, Jerry has not only changed the financial worth tremendously for the Cowboys, but set the standard for other owners to do the same for the franchises.

Many franchises in multiple sports have followed some of Jerry's methods and increased their franchises' net worth.

And Donald Sterling built a $2B franchise by doing what? Timing again IMO...

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry should humbly pass the torch to his son or who ever is next up for the GM position.

We Cowboys fans used to honestly hope for that day. Then we started listening to Stephen and realized he had the same feelings about the GM role as his daddy.

And a God forbid Jerry Jr. ever get involved in the football side of the business. I actually think we would be better off with Charlotte running the team.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the guy spouting conventional wisdom. I'd prefer you wise it up. I just thought you should put your money where your mouth is and demand Thompson resign as well.

Why would that make any sense? TT has done an outstanding job for the Packers. No one wants him to step down, unlike Cowboy fans.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay attention to the games. I don't pay attention to Cowboys front office. I'm just trying to make conversation, geez, you guys are a buzz kill

Oh, by the way. I love how you don't watch the Cowboy front office, but you sure have all the answers.

Well Done!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Donald Sterling built a $2B franchise by doing what? Timing again IMO...

I can't argue timing. I've been saying that forever when people talk about what a great NBA Commish Stern was.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Cowboys fans used to honestly hope for that day. Then we started listening to Stephen and realized he had the same feelings about the GM role as his daddy.

And a God forbid Jerry Jr. ever get involved in the football side of the business. I actually think we would be better off with Charlotte running the team.

That's what I've been thinking.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way. I love how you don't watch the Cowboy front office, but you sure have all the answers.

Well Done!

I NEVER said I had the answers. I was only making suggestions, that apparently all Cowboy fans already know.