• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My "Jerry is a Fool" Thread of the Week

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry gets too close to his players. This does 2 things that ensure his "system" won't work. He ends up overpaying for the talent he has, which you addressed with the cap issues. And he cuts the legs out from under the head coach. If a player doesn't like something, they go to Jerry and he overrides the coach.

That is what defined the Raiders decline under Al Davis.

The Raiders coach Lane Kiffen did not want JaMarcus Russell. Davis picked JaMarcus anyway, paid him $30 million and fired Kiffen.

Al also had his favorites among players, or "pets" that the coaches could not touch.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what defined the Raiders decline under Al Davis.

The Raiders coach Lane Kiffen did not want JaMarcus Russell. Davis picked JaMarcus anyway, paid him $30 million and fired Kiffen.

Al also had his favorites among players, or "pets" that the coaches could not touch.

There are several parallels between the two men.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been saying it to him since the split with Jimmy.

Jerry has some thick skin and plenty of self esteem.

Only ones that don't say it to him work for the station the Cowboys own part of. He doesn't talk to the others.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry gets too close to his players. This does 2 things that ensure his "system" won't work. He ends up overpaying for the talent he has, which you addressed with the cap issues. And he cuts the legs out from under the head coach. If a player doesn't like something, they go to Jerry and he overrides the coach.

Yeah, I do recollect several stories about this topic when it related to one Deion Sanders and his constant running to Jerry to get film session times changed that conflicted with his schedule of appearances or not wanting to lift weights like everyone else had to.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do recollect several stories about this topic when it related to one Deion Sanders and his constant running to Jerry to get film session times changed that conflicted with his schedule of appearances or not wanting to lift weights like everyone else had to.

Or the defensive players who whined to Jerry that Rob's schemes were too hard to learn.

They seemed to pick them up pretty well in NO...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the defensive players who whined to Jerry that Rob's schemes were too hard to learn.

They seemed to pick them up pretty well in NO...

Worst thing about that whole situation is Jerry went all in on Rob ( for one year)

traded up to draft him and man corner. Went out and bought him a man corner (Carr)

Then after one year switches to a zone scheme :L

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has been his MO since day one. This last off season he strayed from that practice. Does this mean Jerry finally opened his eyes or was the cap too tight forcing him to make a few right decisions. I remain leary since I thought he may have gotten it when he hired a football guy in Parcells. He proved he was still Jerry when he signed T.O. For years it's been more flash than substance with Jerry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Realy? I thought it would stand out like a sore thumb on this board. I wonder if I can get it added to the Medical Dictionary

After we contracted milesitis we needed a milesectomy...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell are you a Raider fan and a Seattle fan?

They were division rivals for alot longer than they haven't been :wtf2:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he's too young to know they we're rivals a few years back. Smells of bandwagon as far as I'm concerned.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't seen nothing yet. We can get down right ugly. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'd compare a Seahawk/Raider fan to a Steeler/Cowboy fan. Highly unlikely to find one over 20 years of age.

I hear ya.

You ought to hear his views on women and dating sometime.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell are you a Raider fan and a Seattle fan?

They were division rivals for alot longer than they haven't been :wtf2:
maybe it is like being bipolar........ only with football teams instead.

When he is angry he is a raider fan, when he is happy he is a hawks fan

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it is like being bipolar........ only with football teams instead.

When he is angry he is a raider fan, when he is happy he is a hawks fan

I dont give a shit which division you put the Eagles Giants or REDSKINS in ...... Hell even the Cards .... Fuck them and I wish them the worst.

Evolution has yet to create a drink or drug strong enough for me to root for a division rival

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a shit which division you put the Eagles Giants or REDSKINS in ...... Hell even the Cards .... Fuck them and I wish them the worst.

Evolution has yet to create a drink or drug strong enough for me to root for a division rival

Dayum, you seem a bit angry today Twist. I honestly don't wish y'all the worst, I just don't wish you success :D

But I agree with the bolded, whole heartedly. :nod: