• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Must win Thursday

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It already is ugly. I have heard the locker room is full of guys blaming each other. This could snowball quickly.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It already is ugly. I have heard the locker room is full of guys blaming each other. This could snowball quickly.

That's not what I want to hear.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see what Harbaugh is made of. Is he all huff and puff or is there some substance in that football mind.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time for the Oline and Dline to manup!! Go 49ers!!

agree, more so the O-line.

the losing is bad enough and we all knew it would be a start tough. but what bothered me a lot was how bad the lines are? in these two losses it just SEEMS like they're getting manhandled? granted there were good spots within these games, but we're losing at the LOS.

i'd think the Rams will make every effort to stop our run like they did it last year? they've also seen how others have done it last two games. so we'll need our short passing game to work, our dump offs to work. Kaep will have to make quicker decisions (one read), and hit the shorter throws.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the losing is bad enough and we all knew it would be a start tough. but what bothered me a lot was how bad the lines are? in these two losses it just SEEMS like they're getting manhandled? granted there were good spots within these games, but we're losing at the LOS.

i'd think the Rams will make every effort to stop our run like they did it last year? they've also seen how others have done it last two games. so we'll need our short passing game to work, our dump offs to work. Kaep will have to make quicker decisions (one read), and hit the shorter throws.
IMO...bad play calls, not commiting to the run ,no check down passes, are part of the reason for a shit offence. The 9ers D isn't as good as it was two years ago and the 9ers need to adjust.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if the players still have Harbaugh's side. I dont know why they wouldnt. He just helped take us to the superbowl.

Lets Go 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see if the players still have Harbaugh's side. I dont know why they wouldnt. He just helped take us to the superbowl.

Lets Go 49ers.

yeah, don't see why they wouldn't. but if we lose again, easy to see a few more players jumping in with Gore? that is the nature of this beast, everything is great when you win, very hard when you lose.

not predicting mutiny by any means, and not saying players will say extreme things. but the comments - however mild - start to show.

but eh, fans are worse, much worse.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how can it be more so the offensive line when the running backs were avg. 5 yards a carry when given the chance? This line was built for a power run game and we have neglected that aspect.

the defensive line on the other hand seemed to be pushed back most of these games. they have become counter punchers on their heels instead of straight forward, punch you in the mouth brawlers. I would say the secondary is the weakest link though. Am I the only one who hates watching them look around for the flag after they commit a penalty just admitting guilt!? Brown kills me with that!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if Gore is anything like Murray, we'll be fine to run. Murray's last two games against the Rams were for 142 and 170+ yards. If Gore's a different runner or if Murray's success was on two big plays that can't be counted on to repeat, then maybe it's a problem. I trust Gore.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's as close to a must win for the 4th game of the season you can have. Mainly because Seattle won't lose many games. But look at it this way, if we beat the Rams and the Hawks lose to the Texans (a distinct possibility), then we are one game back and all is right for a while. Also it may be that with a little tweaking of the offense we can get back on track.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's as close to a must win for the 4th game of the season you can have. Mainly because Seattle won't lose many games. But look at it this way, if we beat the Rams and the Hawks lose to the Texans (a distinct possibility), then we are one game back and all is right for a while. Also it may be that with a little tweaking of the offense we can get back on track.

fully expect Seattle to lose and not because they're our 'rival'. they can't sustain this high for three straight games, and they now have to travel (pretty sure they travel) to Houston. then of course, the Texans are a good team despite last week.

but ok, for the immediate WE have to win first and foremost.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how can it be more so the offensive line when the running backs were avg. 5 yards a carry when given the chance? This line was built for a power run game and we have neglected that aspect.

the defensive line on the other hand seemed to be pushed back most of these games. they have become counter punchers on their heels instead of straight forward, punch you in the mouth brawlers. I would say the secondary is the weakest link though. Am I the only one who hates watching them look around for the flag after they commit a penalty just admitting guilt!? Brown kills me with that!!

they have averaged 5 yards a carry against Seattle and Indy?

yes, it was built for the power run game but it can't power. it was even stopped by Green Bay. so are you suggesting we keep banging our heads against the wall? if we do, the same fans now calling for 'power run', will say why aren't we passing? running is fine, but if you can't during the game, you must adjust.

the O-line is evaluated in both run AND pass. against Seattle and Indy they pass protected for series, but not enough series.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run the football. It's easier than it sounds. The niners OL is built for power running. Let Gots and Kendall do their thing. Stop trying to live on last years success with Kaep. It's being stopped.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have averaged 5 yards a carry against Seattle and Indy?

yes, it was built for the power run game but it can't power. it was even stopped by Green Bay. so are you suggesting we keep banging our heads against the wall? if we do, the same fans now calling for 'power run', will say why aren't we passing? running is fine, but if you can't during the game, you must adjust.

the O-line is evaluated in both run AND pass. against Seattle and Indy they pass protected for series, but not enough series.

Im talking about the touchdown drive against Indy, not on the season. Excuse me for not being more specific, i forgot this is a message board. How can you say it cant power when we are not running a power run game. Running out of the read option or the pistol, is no where near a power run formation. When the ball is snapped to Kap, and gore is just standing their waiting for the hand off, the defense is already all over him. Gore needs to be in the I with a running start toward the line of scrimmage. We are not asking them to strictly run and not pass but stop being cute with these formations that are NOT working. that is not the same as banging our heads against the wall, doing the read option, and pistol hand offs would equate to that...

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess how many teams in the NFC have a winning record after week 3, give up? If you guessed five, you'd be correct. In fact, if the season were to end today, the Eagles would be in at 1-2 based on tie breakers. So being 1-3 isn't the end of the world. The sky isn't falling; the sun will rise yet again tomorrow.

You guys just need to muster as many wins right now as possible while you get healthy. I have no doubt that by November you'll have the ship righted and will be firing on all cylinders. The trick is to simply be in a position to challenge for a playoff spot at that time.

After the Seahawks made the Superbowl in 2005, I remember thinking my team was unstoppable going into 2006. We weren't, and it sucked. I what you guys are going through, but that team ended up 9-7 and making the playoffs. And once you're in, anything can happen. There's a saying we have up in Seattle: Its tough to appreciate the sunny days without the rainy days. As a Seattle sportsfan this can not be any more true. And when the niners make their playoff run it'll be all the sweeter for you guys

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im talking about the touchdown drive against Indy, not on the season. Excuse me for not being more specific, i forgot this is a message board. How can you say it cant power when we are not running a power run game. Running out of the read option or the pistol, is no where near a power run formation. When the ball is snapped to Kap, and gore is just standing their waiting for the hand off, the defense is already all over him. Gore needs to be in the I with a running start toward the line of scrimmage. We are not asking them to strictly run and not pass but stop being cute with these formations that are NOT working. that is not the same as banging our heads against the wall, doing the read option, and pistol hand offs would equate to that...

ok, think we're not far off in opinion. we're ok with the running game, just need to game adjust to the type of running.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess how many teams in the NFC have a winning record after week 3, give up? If you guessed five, you'd be correct. In fact, if the season were to end today, the Eagles would be in at 1-2 based on tie breakers. So being 1-3 isn't the end of the world. The sky isn't falling; the sun will rise yet again tomorrow.

You guys just need to muster as many wins right now as possible while you get healthy. I have no doubt that by November you'll have the ship righted and will be firing on all cylinders. The trick is to simply be in a position to challenge for a playoff spot at that time.

After the Seahawks made the Superbowl in 2005, I remember thinking my team was unstoppable going into 2006. We weren't, and it sucked. I what you guys are going through, but that team ended up 9-7 and making the playoffs. And once you're in, anything can happen. There's a saying we have up in Seattle: Its tough to appreciate the sunny days without the rainy days. As a Seattle sportsfan this can not be any more true. And when the niners make their playoff run it'll be all the sweeter for you guys
Yes , I'm hoping the 9ers can make a run to make the playoffs. I have to say I miss being the underdog team!