• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Must win Thursday

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, I loss here and season is over.

no doubt we need a win, an urgent win. another West loss and we'd need Seattle to swoon, else we won't win the West.

but I wouldn't go so far as the season is over. frustrating, disappointing, etc., but not over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we can bounce back but odds of a team making the playoffs starting the season 1-3 are not great.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the injury report. I give the 49ers almost no chance Thursday without Willis and A. Smith on defense and Davis on offense. I see a lot of three and outs for the 49ers and sustained drives for the Rams against our depleted defense. I have this as another 4th quarter blow out: 27-6 Rams.

That's the spirit!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they can put up that many points, their offense is not that good. If they score on defense/ST, then maybe...

Neither is Indy's or Seattle's. However they had no problem running up the score on the Niners once the D wore down.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of winning the game on Thur depends on the results of injuries to the 49ers.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they run the ball and hit a few dump offs to get Kaep in the game as well, they'll win. If they don't adjust after the last two abysmal losses then we lose. At that point Harbaugh should be on the hot seat. Hopefully they win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the post game news conference I am not coming away with any more confidence for this thur night game. Kap looks defeated and Harbaugh looks like a shell of his former self I mean he's not even being a dick to the media anymore, Add to that all the injury's and locker room turmoil and well I just dont see this team bouncing back. I hope I am wrong though.

When you continually get bitch slapped by the opposing coach you really can't be a dick to the press.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In the playoffs anything can happen. But I do think that one loss would hurt our expectations of division win. The higher expectations you have, the more opportunities you can settle for before hitting bottom. Yes, denial and rationalization is the method of coping for me.

One thing is for sure in the playoffs... we will lose in Seattle.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the 9ers will get it together and get the win on the road. Keep the Faith!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this will be articulated well, but here goes:

I feel what made Kaepernick so good in our offense last year was the ability to do what Smith did (and the gameplanning to do so) plus the deeper throws that teams were unprepared for plus the added run surprise/talent. This year, we're not doing what Smith did as much and so the defense is defending what Smith didn't do (pass deep like Kaepernick did) and our QB runs are not a surprise either. We've become less dimensional even though people think deep passes are better. And the thing is, we're not getting the deep passes either because they are being defended/respected (with the lone exception of boneheaded Green Bay). Yes, the personnel helps them and hurts us a lot, but I'm talking about gameplan, which can't be effected in this way - it seems like we'd have MORE checkdowns with worse WRs.

I feel that this offensive scheme, based upon personnel, was promoted beyond its level of competence. It was so good at what it was doing for this team, that we promoted it to Executive Level pass-first, deep looking offense. We don't have our guys, haven't had the time to adjust to defenses' adjustments. It'll catch up once it gains experience and its players back from injury. So, yes, a work in progress, where we are going is good since we have the QB, but transition, adjust, and slow it down if needed. We don't need to be practicing a pass-first deep oriented team right now. Transition, get players back. Run until then, checkdown until then, and even then, be unpredictable - even if you must lull defenses to sleep with efficient, non-spectacular drives.

Rant over. Though that was a subdued rant, was it not?

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this will be articulated well, but here goes:

I feel what made Kaepernick so good in our offense last year was the ability to do what Smith did (and the gameplanning to do so) plus the deeper throws that teams were unprepared for plus the added run surprise/talent. This year, we're not doing what Smith did as much and so the defense is defending what Smith didn't do (pass deep like Kaepernick did) and our QB runs are not a surprise either. We've become less dimensional even though people think deep passes are better. And the thing is, we're not getting the deep passes either because they are being defended/respected (with the lone exception of boneheaded Green Bay). Yes, the personnel helps them and hurts us a lot, but I'm talking about gameplan, which can't be effected in this way - it seems like we'd have MORE checkdowns with worse WRs.

I feel that this offensive scheme, based upon personnel, was promoted beyond it's level of competence. It was so good at what it was doing for this team, that we promoted it to Executive Level pass-first, deep looking offense. We don't have our guys, haven't had the time to adjust to defenses' adjustments. It'll catch up once it gains experience and its players back from injury. So, yes, a work in progress, where we are going is good since we have the QB, but transition, adjust, and slow it down if needed. We don't need to be practicing a pass-first deep oriented team right now. Transition, get players back. Run until then, checkdown until then, and even then, be unpredictable - even if you must lull defenses to sleep with efficient, non-spectacular drives.

Rant over. Though that was a subdued rant, was it not?

That's it right there. You have to build your system to suit your players' strengths.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Going 0-2 in this division and 1-3 overall will be hard to recover from. Won't be the end of us but we gotta win this one.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many teams make the playoffs after going 1-3? ya we need to win.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this end I am no longer doing anymore game day threads this season. Everything sport wise has fallen to shit for me this year so maybe i am cursed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to get fired up for Thurs. lets Go 49ers. We will have like 4 starters out but we can do it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With already suspect Corners and now Asomugha down and no pass rush with Smith gone this could get ugly quick. I have a feeling we will see a lot of sustained time-eating drives by the Rams. The key will be to hold them to FGs instead of TDs.

Strange things happen in 49er-Ram games so I still give the 49ers a punchers chance in this one.