• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Must win game against Seattle

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. We let falling behind change how we effectively play offense. We are at our best when we can run the ball and use the play action pass. We let the Giants take that away from us way to early in the game.

The Giants did not take the run game away really. We started out passing and it was fairly effective to begin with. It was a strategic decision for whatever reason.

My problem still with our passing is too many are too short. We had to convert a lot of third downs on those first two drives. We did it, but that is not a recipe for long term success. If you are going to be in 3rd and 6, might as well do it running as passing.

I do not think you can say the lack of aggression with the passing game is either the receivers or Alex's ability to make the throws anymore. We have shown enough the last two games to know we can do it. Is it the plays and the play calling or is it Alex decisions combined with lack of protection? Watching on TV one cannot see enough of the field to see if guys are going downfield and getting open.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the key games will always be West games. we lost and it doesn't taste good, but losing this game will make us puke.

yes defintely will, my brain is on autopilot today.
After the loss yesterday I didnt watch any NFL highlights or the Sunday night game. I acting like it never happend because I dont want to see how bad we looked.

We have to play our game no matter what, run the ball get some play actin in etc.

Field position/turnovers killed us just like the NFCC game last year. Wowzer, this was a bad one.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1994 Superbowl season

the key games will always be West games. we lost and it doesn't taste good, but losing this game will make us puke.

This may be a wake up call against the Giants, when we won the Superbowl in 94" the Eagles embarrassed us at home, I think we needed this loss because we have some tough division games coming up and 3 out of 4 are national televised games. We have to be prepared because this could be a domino effect in a good way or bad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes defintely will, my brain is on autopilot today.
After the loss yesterday I didnt watch any NFL highlights or the Sunday night game. I acting like it never happend because I dont want to see how bad we looked.

We have to play our game no matter what, run the ball get some play actin in etc.

Field position/turnovers killed us just like the NFCC game last year. Wowzer, this was a bad one.

Sports can really have a great affect on whether we are depressed, in denial, excited, etc. Some people remarked here how with the Niners success they were less productive at work due to being on here or reading articles. To me, it's the opposite, after a bad loss, I'm lethargic/depressed (unseriously) and after the Green Bay game, I was very productive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may be a wake up call against the Giants, when we won the Superbowl in 94" the Eagles embarrassed us at home, I think we needed this loss because we have some tough division games coming up and 3 out of 4 are national televised games. We have to be prepared because this could be a domino effect in a good way or bad.

yep, at this point no sense lamenting yesterdays lost. just take the "positive" out of it which is WAKE UP.

we'll be fine IF we can win these West games....most of the West games.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sports can really have a great affect on whether we are depressed, in denial, excited, etc. Some people remarked here how with the Niners success they were less productive at work due to being on here or reading articles. To me, it's the opposite, after a bad loss, I'm lethargic/depressed (unseriously) and after the Green Bay game, I was very productive.

LOL, very true

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, at this point no sense lamenting yesterdays lost. just take the "positive" out of it which is WAKE UP.

we'll be fine IF we can win these West games....most of the West games.

I say when those games the first time around just to get the edge, Arizona and St. Louis are beatable but this Seahawks game scares me because they would have so much confidence.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say when those games the first time around just to get the edge, Arizona and St. Louis are beatable but this Seahawks game scares me because they would have so much confidence.

yeah, they'll have confidence after beating New England. not to mention extreme hunger like the 49ers last year.

these are the games where ST's can make or break a team? i'd expect a tight defensive game, so a field goal or missed field goal is big? we also need to tighten up the coverages, not give them a big play on ST's.

does Russell run enough times to be a legit threat? just wondering.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they'll have confidence after beating New England. not to mention extreme hunger like the 49ers last year.

these are the games where ST's can make or break a team? i'd expect a tight defensive game, so a field goal or missed field goal is big? we also need to tighten up the coverages, not give them a big play on ST's.

I am supremely confident that the 49ers will win this game. First, they will be dedicated and ready to play after the belly flop on Sunday. Second, Wilson is not a good quarterback and the 49er defense always excels against a weak quarterback. If the 49ers protect the ball they'll win by at least 10.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am supremely confident that the 49ers will win this game. First, they will be dedicated and ready to play after the belly flop on Sunday. Second, Wilson is not a good quarterback and the 49er defense always excels against a weak quarterback. If the 49ers protect the ball they'll win by at least 10.

not worried about our defense either, except MAYBE Russell making crucial 1st downs with his feet? don't think he's a big running threat, but thought i'd ask first.

but we all know about our offensive woes, not so much moving downfield, but the red zone. this leads to ST's too, cause we've taken field goals for granted. but obviously, we need more TD's than FG's.

on ST's, coverages need to tighten up a little.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this stinker here will get the 49ers focused for Seattle and Seattle will pay the price. Being at home aginst a team with a weak passer will definitely be a plus for the 49ers. They'll win that one, I'm sure of it.

They'd better. After that loss, if they follow it up with a home loss to a division rival, we're gonna be in a world of hurt.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks generally don't call any plays designed for Wilson to run the ball. They've kept Wilson on a very short leash so far in terms of opening up the playbook, so I don't know if they intend to have him run the ball more eventually. For the most part his runs have been scrambles after he's been forced out of the pocket.

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Wilson might be a quality QB someday he's not there yet, he won't beat us. At home "again" coming off a loss, Niners are going to win this. We'll stuff the run, rookie QB is not Eli Manning.

Niners 27 Seahawks 14

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worried about our defense either, except MAYBE Russell making crucial 1st downs with his feet? don't think he's a big running threat, but thought i'd ask first.

but we all know about our offensive woes, not so much moving downfield, but the red zone. this leads to ST's too, cause we've taken field goals for granted. but obviously, we need more TD's than FG's.

on ST's, coverages need to tighten up a little.

Russell is a threat to run, and he's a good scrambler.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks generally don't call any plays designed for Wilson to run the ball. They've kept Wilson on a very short leash so far in terms of opening up the playbook, so I don't know if they intend to have him run the ball more eventually. For the most part his runs have been scrambles after he's been forced out of the pocket.

He's also better when he is moving though-- rolling out, etc., he's not as good when he's just a pocket passer, unless you give him all day to throw and your corners get burned -- like New England.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Wilson might be a quality QB someday he's not there yet, he won't beat us. At home "again" coming off a loss, Niners are going to win this. We'll stuff the run, rookie QB is not Eli Manning.

Niners 27 Seahawks 14

If Green Bay and New England couldn't put up 27 points on Seattle, I don't see San Francisco being able to do it. Seattle's D is every bit as good as SF's. Not better, but just as good. And I'd be laughed off this board if I said Seattle was gonna put up 27 on the Niners. This game is going to be very low scoring.

He's also better when he is moving though-- rolling out, etc., he's not as good when he's just a pocket passer, unless you give him all day to throw and your corners get burned -- like New England.

Correct. Fortunately for you guys, you have a great secondary, and very fast linebackers who can track down Wilson better than New England could. Wilson still has a tendency to scramble into pressure as well. He's getting better at that, but still several times a game he'll run right into the path of a d lineman and either takes the sack or Seattle gets a holding penalty.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident. Especially coming off of a loss. But I'm feeling like the pressure to turn this offense into a high octane big play offense is causing the team to lose it's identity. We abandoned the run game very early in both Vikings and the Giants loss. They say we don't play well from behind, but last year we had 6 come from behind victories.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident. Especially coming off of a loss. But I'm feeling like the pressure to turn this offense into a high octane big play offense is causing the team to lose it's identity. We abandoned the run game very early in both Vikings and the Giants loss. They say we don't play well from behind, but last year we had 6 come from behind victories.

Agreed, but the consequence of trying to get the ball downfield is more mistakes and turnovers.