• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Multiple 30-HR seasons under the age of 25

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, me and Cedrique were trying to have a conversation in here. Can't you take the baseball talk somewhere else? I think we're both still traumatized from the historically epic failure and abomination that took place in Atlanta earlier this week. On the night of the final ass-raping (the one in which the Braves completed the sweep of the Phillies (who had started the series 2.5 games out) and clinched the NL East on the same night), I was really hoping some of those racist inbred rednecks would have thought ahead and brought their burning crosses to the ballpark. That way some lady with a long dress could walk by and the whole stadium could have been burned to the ground, removing any and all evidence of the ass-raping epic failure that took place the previous three nights.

Well actually, we'd still have to work on removing all of the footage that the TV producers have of the series, but it'd at least have been a good start.
It’s prolly time for those fancy Atlanta suburban whites to build themselves a new stadium anyways.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' A, that's brilliant. I never had you pegged as the TV executive-producer type, but that's gold Jerry.

By the way, while we're on the topic of TV shows this is your annual reminder to go watch Breaking Bad. I'm rewatching it now and am on the last season... that show is also truly fucking brilliant. I know I've tried to get you to watch it before without any luck, but I'm not going to give up until you watch it FYI.

EDIT: Also, keep this one on your radar

Killers of the Flower Moon (film) - Wikipedia
Alright, I'm in. for real this time.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto failed again. Ended up with 29. He's still got a couple years to get it though.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s prolly time for those fancy Atlanta suburban whites to build themselves a new stadium anyways.
Isn't it sad that if you take a walk down a random street in Atlanta in 2021, statistically speaking you are 8x times more likely to encounter a rich cocksucking yuppie (probably white) who makes $600,000 a year as the CFO of some tech start-up and drives a $40,000 Audi with a Biden/Harris bumper sticker on the back; you're 8x more likely to see them than you are to encounter an honest, hard-working American citizen. You know, one who actually contributes to society. One who's often seen chewing tobacco and wearing the same Chipper Jones jersey to work 3 days in a row. One who has never fucked his sister and has never desired to fuck his sister.

It's sad to see how far the city has fallen.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only ten guys have hit 200 homers as a Tiger. Only four have hit 300.

You’d definitely think it’d be more in 120 years.

Guess I forgot norm cash. Definitely not a great in an all time sense though. Obviously during their more recent run it's been miggy and the other power hitters weren't there long enough.

Fun fact in my search though Brandon Inge is second all time in Tiger strikeouts. It's wild he managed to last 12 seasons there. Heck of a defender most the time but man he was brutal at the plate some years. Imagine what he'd hit in the current lineup without all that protection

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I forgot norm cash. Definitely not a great in an all time sense though. Obviously during their more recent run it's been miggy and the other power hitters weren't there long enough.

Fun fact in my search though Brandon Inge is second all time in Tiger strikeouts. It's wild he managed to last 12 seasons there. Heck of a defender most the time but man he was brutal at the plate some years. Imagine what he'd hit in the current lineup without all that protection
Wish you’d been around for all those years of Raburn and Inge. We had some real lively threads back in the day. Lol

Felt like every female in my life loved Inge. I, did not.

I’ll never forget the year he was in the HR Derby. And didn’t hit a home run.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
Wish you’d been around for all those years of Raburn and Inge. We had some real lively threads back in the day. Lol

When you look at Raburn's stats you think..hmm solid role player for a couple seasons but he was so fucking streaky it was ridiculous. Finally he sucked once and for all but then he went on to do the same shit for other teams for like 4 more years.

I felt much better about a guy like Craig Monroe or Marcus Thames day in and out even though Raburn could play all the positions (albeit not even close to the defender Inge was)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffey Jr had 2 40 HR seasons before turning 25

Still one of the most beautiful/smooth swings and I believe he would of LEGIT broke most of the records WITHOUT steroids if he wasn't constantly injured after leaving Seattle.

And yah I'm a Mariners 'fan' (just my hometown) but I gladly put my homerism aside when warranted. And not much to be proud about in franchise history with the Ms. Longest playoff drought currently in all of American major sports. Yah this season was good, 90+ wins.... still no playoffs. I mean good effort, I applaud em', but nothing to make me think we're not going back to the 70 W column next year.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that too lol. Was it 2009?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Kittle should be there but they waited til he was almost 25 to bring him to the big club. Dude hit 90 HRs in the minors ages 23-24.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed Chuck Klein for the Philles. Also, for some reason most players don't reach their full power potential until age 24. So a lot of players just miss by having their second 30 hr season in a year where they turn 25. Reggie Jackson, Frank Thomas, Del Ennis,Pat Burrell

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets had David Wright do it. Darryl was high 20's his first 5 years in the majors but he never played quite enough games to get there. Maybe he should have put down the crack pipe for a minute.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets had David Wright do it. Darryl was high 20's his first 5 years in the majors but he never played quite enough games to get there. Maybe he should have put down the crack pipe for a minute.

Or at least let Gooden hold it for him…..

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at least let Gooden hold it for him…..
Now that we segued into drug addiction, addicts always say that their best experience doing whatever their drug of choice is is always the first time. So they wind up chasing that high that they can never get to again. Which brings me to Willie Montanez. Rookie season he hits 30 bombs. But after that he has a 14 year career playing 1632 games and never comes close to hitting 30 again. That seems like it would be frustrating as shit. Or maybe he was just a line drive hitter who fell into some lucky spots.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had multiple 30-whore seasons under the age of 25. Just last year I bagged 32 whores total. I'm off to a slow start this year but I always pick it up late in the year when it's cold outside and the whores need a place to stay for the night.