• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Multiple 30-HR seasons under the age of 25

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the only Marlin- Mike Stanton (now known as Giancarlo)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Boston:
Ted Williams 1941 & 1942
Rafael Devers 2019 & 2021

How about for your team?

I thought Tony C would have had two seasons... his second 30+ HR seasons came at age 25.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Mathews 1953-1956. Ronald Acuna Jr. probably would have done it this year if he did not get injured, but he still has a chance next year.

Also Bob Horner.

Last edited:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harmon Killebrew hit 42 and 31 at ages 23 and 24. He is almost certainly the only Twins player to do it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May as well add Vlad Guerero Jr to this list. He will do this easily. I didn't check out his father's numbers, but he may have done it before 25?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May as well add Vlad Guerero Jr to this list. He will do this easily. I didn't check out his father's numbers, but he may have done it before 25?

He did yes

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m trying to be more relevant.
You're fairing quite well for an old man.

Another year in October, and no playoffs to watch for the Phils. I'm thinking of finding a new hobby- maybe I'll take up karate and get my black belt.

Also, did you watch that Tony Soprano movie yet? I'm wondering if I should check it out.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fairing quite well for an old man.

Another year in October, and no playoffs to watch for the Phils. I'm thinking of finding a new hobby- maybe I'll take up karate and get my black belt.

Also, did you watch that Tony Soprano movie yet? I'm wondering if I should check it out.
I almost threw in a Brian Laundrie reference to be really topical. Haven't seen the Sopranos movie yet. The ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are decent but not great.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Tiger I know of to do it was Rudy York. Hit 35 as a 23 year old rookie and 33 the next season.

Hank Greenberg and Tony Clark did it by 26, but not by 25.

Norm Cash did it by 28. Cecil Fielder did it by 27. Prince pulled it off, but with the Brewers.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost threw in a Brian Laundrie reference to be really topical. Haven't seen the Sopranos movie yet. The ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are decent but not great.
I had never heard of Brian Laundrie, so thank you for keeping me relevant. But after looking it up, I'm going to say something that probably isn't a super-popular statement, but I feel that it needs to be said anyway. Who the fuck gives a shit? Seriously, there's what- 15,000 murders a year in the US and out of all those murders I'm supposed to care about this one random chick who went hiking with her abusive fiance? Like I could see it if it happened to Stevie Nicks or Queen Elizabeth or someone, but I just really don't have time to give a shit about this girl.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Tiger I know of to do it was Rudy York. Hit 35 as a 23 year old rookie and 33 the next season.

Norm Cash did it by 28. Cecil Fielder did it by 27. Prince pulled it off, but with the Brewers.

Yea

Kinda wild for a franchise like detroit but all their greats minus Kaline and Greenberg were not power hitters. And for Kaline he was more a compiler in that regard

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never heard of Brian Laundrie, so thank you for keeping me relevant. But after looking it up, I'm going to say something that probably isn't a super-popular statement, but I feel that it needs to be said anyway. Who the fuck gives a shit? Seriously, there's what- 15,000 murders a year in the US and out of all those murders I'm supposed to care about this one random chick who went hiking with her abusive fiance? Like I could see it if it happened to Stevie Nicks or Queen Elizabeth or someone, but I just really don't have time to give a shit about this girl.
You monster!

Nah, I get it. It's hard to be fully invested in something like that unless you know the people. I think the reason the story blew up is because they had a TikTok following or something.
On a side note, what he is doing now is what the show "Survivor" should have been about. None of this "tribal voting" bullshit or whatever they do. They should leave you in the swamps of Florida and sick Dog the Bounty Hunter on you.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You monster!

Nah, I get it. It's hard to be fully invested in something like that unless you know the people. I think the reason the story blew up is because they had a TikTok following or something.
On a side note, what he is doing now is what the show "Survivor" should have been about. None of this "tribal voting" bullshit or whatever they do. They should leave you in the swamps of Florida and sick Dog the Bounty Hunter on you.
Fuckin' A, that's brilliant. I never had you pegged as the TV executive-producer type, but that's gold Jerry.

By the way, while we're on the topic of TV shows this is your annual reminder to go watch Breaking Bad. I'm rewatching it now and am on the last season... that show is also truly fucking brilliant. I know I've tried to get you to watch it before without any luck, but I'm not going to give up until you watch it FYI.

EDIT: Also, keep this one on your radar

Killers of the Flower Moon (film) - Wikipedia

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey man, me and Cedrique were trying to have a conversation in here. Can't you take the baseball talk somewhere else? I think we're both still traumatized from the historically epic failure and abomination that took place in Atlanta earlier this week. On the night of the final ass-raping (the one in which the Braves completed the sweep of the Phillies (who had started the series 2.5 games out) and clinched the NL East on the same night), I was really hoping some of those racist inbred rednecks would have thought ahead and brought their burning crosses to the ballpark. That way some lady with a long dress could walk by and the whole stadium could have been burned to the ground, removing any and all evidence of the ass-raping epic failure that took place the previous three nights.

Well actually, we'd still have to work on removing all of the footage that the TV producers have of the series, but it'd at least have been a good start.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea

Kinda wild for a franchise like detroit but all their greats minus Kaline and Greenberg were not power hitters. And for Kaline he was more a compiler in that regard
Only ten guys have hit 200 homers as a Tiger. Only four have hit 300.

You’d definitely think it’d be more in 120 years.