• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Working On Ozuna Trade

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I give up Elias, Paxton or Walker? Hell no. Probably not even Elias. I think he's not going to deviate much from his performance through his career thus far and a more realistic expectation is his 2015 performance. Don't trade for him based on "potential," trade for him based on the fact that he projects as a plus defender at a corner outfield spot, is young, and under team control at a cheap price for a while.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I give up Elias, Paxton or Walker? Hell no. Probably not even Elias. I think he's not going to deviate much from his performance through his career thus far and a more realistic expectation is his 2015 performance. Don't trade for him based on "potential," trade for him based on the fact that he projects as a plus defender at a corner outfield spot, is young, and under team control at a cheap price for a while.

Agree with most of what you are saying, but I still would trade Elias for him in a second. Elias to me is a #5 SP which you can pick up anywhere. A true OF on the other hand, not as easy to come by,,,especially in Seattle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of what you are saying, but I still would trade Elias for him in a second. Elias to me is a #5 SP which you can pick up anywhere. A true OF on the other hand, not as easy to come by,,,especially in Seattle.

The reason I'm hesitant to trade Elias for him is because I think more highly of Elias than a lot of others. I think Elias has #3 starter potential and his 3.99 ERA in 49 career starts is pretty impressive for a guy going into his third year. He has only given up more than 3 runs in a start in 13 games the past two years. Felix Hernandez did that 9 times in 2015 alone.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I'm hesitant to trade Elias for him is because I think more highly of Elias than a lot of others. I think Elias has #3 starter potential and his 3.99 ERA in 49 career starts is pretty impressive for a guy going into his third year. He has only given up more than 3 runs in a start in 13 games the past two years. Felix Hernandez did that 9 times in 2015 alone.

He would rank 80th for SP's in ERA combining the last two season with at least 200 IP's in starts. He is at 3.99 compared to Erasmo Ramirez at 4.03. Nothing special I am afraid, and he is 27.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Elias as a bullpen arm, and I think that's going to be his destiny. That curve is going to make some late inning hitters want to cry someday soon.

I'm fine with trading him to address the myriad deficiencies that should be the team's priorities.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Elias. He's a great story and love the attitude and chip he pitches with. Just to up and down which is common for a back end starter

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Elias as a bullpen arm, and I think that's going to be his destiny. That curve is going to make some late inning hitters want to cry someday soon.

I'm fine with trading him to address the myriad deficiencies that should be the team's priorities.

I agree he would be nice out of the pen, but I also think he has more value in trade than being used as a reliever. We shall see.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he would be nice out of the pen, but I also think he has more value in trade than being used as a reliever. We shall see.

Yeah, I agree... He definitely has more value in via a trade... I'm not that excited about him, could be an average #5 starter but I don't see him being any better than that personally... We need to beef up our talent/athleticism in the OF so I would love to trade Elias for Ozuna... It would be easier to find another guy like Elias imo rather than finding another guy like Ozuna...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am higher on Elias than a lot of others too. I kinda view him as a good #5 and solid #4 with the potential to put up a couple #3 type seasons as far as numbers go. I think he has the "stuff" and ability for number 3 starter makeup but the consistency is the question mark.