• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Cubs: April 10th - 12th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not have a very fundamentally sound ball club.

No discipline - no ability not to do dumb shit that loses games.

How the hell did Hummel NOT know the shortstop was playing right behind him ? Hell he nearly got picked off at 2nd by him 10 seconds before his boneheaded decision to run to 3rd on a ball hit to the shortstop right behind him ??

We cannot keep a guy from stealing 3rd base in extra innings ??

JP Crawford cannot lay down a simple sac bunt to advance runners ??

Tell you what ... if they do not get there heads out of their ass they may not finish above .500. Stupid stupid mistakes every single night, game after game beating themselves

Teams will continue to run on us if we do not tighten things up. What an embarrasment.

Then we get 3 hit by a pitcher the Cincinnati Reds lit up for 7 runs a week ago ??

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about getting the first run of the game that makes us choke immediately?

I swear, it may be early still, but this is starting to make last year's run look more and more like a fluke.

Prove me wrong, guys. Prove me wrong.........if you can.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wong looked so happy with his 2 little dipshit hits. i'll treasure that.
If my batting avg was .050 like Wongs, I would be doing cartwheels to 1st base on a Texas league bloop hit.

I am NOT a fan of Wong or Hummel and Hernandez needs to learn real quick what a strike is and stay square to the plate, he absolutely cannot cover anything on the outside part of the zone due to throwing his front shoulder open and not staying square to the plate. Pitchers and pitching coaches watch film and they are going to make him look stupid pounding the outer part of the plate in the coming series as he has zero chance to make contact on a strike over the outside corner. His swing looks like hammered dog shit on the outerhalf strikes. Hell if a dumbass like me can easily spot it, there are many sharper minds than mine around the league.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of errors and bonehead plays so far is head scratching. Young team with (2) 90+ win seasons behind them....PLEASE DON'T GO HOLLYWOOD RUSS!!!..I do think it will come together just can't get in a hole you can't dig out of...JMO

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of errors and bonehead plays so far is head scratching. Young team with (2) 90+ win seasons behind them....PLEASE DON'T GO HOLLYWOOD RUSS!!!..I do think it will come together just can't get in a hole you can't dig out of...JMO
all of these L's they are hanging on their record are going to come back and bite them in the ass in September when they realize they are 10 games back from the last wild card spot

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a marathon not a sprint, they’ll be ok…losing some close games lately, that’s gonna turn around ..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a marathon not a sprint, they’ll be ok…losing some close games lately, that’s gonna turn around ..
Hopefully, but losing close games and being boneheaded isn’t a good sign for a team who has 2 90 win seasons strictly off of winning close games and playing sound defense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s under 50% then that is pathetic especially with how modern bullpen arms are. People may hate the bunt but that is the real definition of control the zone.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know how to insert the stuff like you guys do.

But here is the url link that takes you to what we all already knew ( Mariners shi^$y start )

Not the hot press we were expecting a couple weeks ago

I know it's early ... BUT the: Teoscar Hernández, Kolten Wong, AJ Pollock, Cooper Hummel and Tommy La Stella deals are looking like the absolute worst deals any team has ever done in a single off season.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was objectively a horrendous attempt at a bunt, fundamentally unsound in every fucking way. Divish can be a real moron.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get being optimistic because I can't see us playing this poorly all year... However, the last few years where we've won 90 games, our bullpen was lights out and we were winning the close games... If our bullpen continues to under perform, our offense will need to pick up the slack in getting us to those 90 wins again... The issue with that is they aren't very good w/ RISP... Same can be said for last season as well...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was objectively a horrendous attempt at a bunt, fundamentally unsound in every fucking way. Divish can be a real moron.
... and to do it 2x's in a row is horrid... His foul ball bunt attempt the 2 pitches before was the same pop up towards 3rd, just went OOB's instead or it would've been an out, too...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, but losing close games and being boneheaded isn’t a good sign for a team who has 2 90 win seasons strictly off of winning close games and playing sound defense.
Yeah they gotta clean some stuff up …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get being optimistic because I can't see us playing this poorly all year... However, the last few years where we've won 90 games, our bullpen was lights out and we were winning the close games... If our bullpen continues to under perform, our offense will need to pick up the slack in getting us to those 90 wins again... The issue with that is they aren't very good w/ RISP... Same can be said for last season as well...
Bullpen was a big strength last year, I think that’s gonna come around, I look back to last year when we were 10 games under .500 in June then bounced back … I think it’s just a rusty start right now and they’ll find a groove at some point… If this stuff is still happening into June and July we can officially get concerned …

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the obligatory dump on the manager, but why on earth pitch to a full contact hitter with the winning run on 3rd with less than 2 outs with two batters in a row behind him with lots of strikeouts?

Lots of blame to go around.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one tired of local coverage telling everyone that loses at this time of year do not matter? Just relax, it's early....

Yet they hang on every game down the stretch.

Stop giving away so many winnable games early on so you have some cushion at the end.

Fuck.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. We do this early every season, and don't always recover. In fact, last year was a rarity considering how it ended.

But what exactly was it that woke us up last year, and can the same thing be administered again, before they all end up looking like idiots by the All-Star Break? The only games that "do not matter" should strictly be the Spring Training...that's all.

We have a chance to prove that last year wasn't a fluke, but who's willing to step up and lead by example?

Or is this going to be another 20+ year rebuild? Management and the FO have to decide ASAP what they need in order to prove there's still contention in our team. Sure, they gave Robbie Ray time on the IL, that's a start, but how many more need to be on there before they realize, "Oh shit, we need to fix this to keep ourselves relevant!"?

You know full well that if another team in our division heats up soon, they sure as hell aren't going to wait up for us to do the same.

That said, today's game is against another Cubs pitcher whose ERA did not start off well. Get ready for us to make him look like ASG material...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not have a very fundamentally sound ball club.

No discipline - no ability not to do dumb shit that loses games.

How the hell did Hummel NOT know the shortstop was playing right behind him ? Hell he nearly got picked off at 2nd by him 10 seconds before his boneheaded decision to run to 3rd on a ball hit to the shortstop right behind him ??

We cannot keep a guy from stealing 3rd base in extra innings ??

JP Crawford cannot lay down a simple sac bunt to advance runners ??

Tell you what ... if they do not get there heads out of their ass they may not finish above .500. Stupid stupid mistakes every single night, game after game beating themselves

Teams will continue to run on us if we do not tighten things up. What an embarrasment.

Then we get 3 hit by a pitcher the Cincinnati Reds lit up for 7 runs a week ago ??
Hate to admit it but I've got no clever response to this one.

Due to work and other commitments, I have probably only watched about 40% of innings this year, but what I've seen is some really sloppy play.

If the Mariners continue playing like this, we won't be winning the 1 run games we won last year and will experience a massive regression to the norm.