• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Astros May 22-25

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And dWar falls right in-line with basically every advanced defensive metric in it's subjectivity.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite confused on how this isn't discussing dWar....

then you're a complete moron, and I put them on a special list

take care

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you're a complete moron

take care

Yes, complete moron... it's only that the first statement of your sentence was that his dWar is down this year... not about dWar at all.... jesus christ.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano + Felix = $3M more than entire Houston payroll. I believe we are now .500 with them over last 2 seasons.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Mariners would love for just one of their prospects to become on the MLB level.

Ackley's first year OPS was .766; Springer's was .760 coming in to today's game. Maybe Springer keeps up what he is doing against us over the last two days for the rest of the season and beyond... but maybe he just becomes Dustin Ackley :ohwell:

I don't think the Astros have any better history of developing top prospects than the Mariners do, so I guess we shall see.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Franklin may not have a future here, this organization has totally set him up to fail with how he has been used. It was clear they were trying to trade him and failed and clear he wasn't beating out Miller this spring. I get his AAA means nothing but you need to at least play him when he's called up. There's no reason that Gillespies playing time should increase. I don't care that they are facing lefty starters. You shouldnt be playing guys like bloomquist ans gillepse over Franklin right now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano + Felix = $3M more than entire Houston payroll. I believe we are now .500 with them over last 2 seasons.

6-10 at Safeco

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5m McClendon on Keuchel: "I saw avg. stuff. We didn't swing the bats very good. At some pt, you have to stop giving credit to avg pitchers."

-----------------

Amen!!

Thank god. Glad he said what needs to be said. Sick of "tipping our caps" to average pitchers.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5m McClendon on Keuchel: "I saw avg. stuff. We didn't swing the bats very good. At some pt, you have to stop giving credit to avg pitchers."

-----------------

Amen!!

that shows the mcclendon is really out of touch, then.

keuchel has 2 losses on the season, and gave up 4 total runs in his last 4 starts, including dominating performances over the 2 of the hottest hitting AL teams (Tigers and Angels).

that kind of comment from lloyd shows that he's aloof and clueless.

why doesn't he say this when they're facing truly average pitchers and sucking?

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley's first year OPS was .766; Springer's was .760 coming in to today's game. Maybe Springer keeps up what he is doing against us over the last two days for the rest of the season and beyond... but maybe he just becomes Dustin Ackley :ohwell:

I don't think the Astros have any better history of developing top prospects than the Mariners do, so I guess we shall see.

Ya and they both have/had 6 homers in their first years. Springer in 130 AB's and Ackley in 333 AB's. I would trade Ackley for Springer in a second....but I bet Houston would not.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya and they both have/had 6 homers in their first years. Springer in 130 AB's and Ackley in 333 AB's. I would trade Ackley for Springer in a second....but I bet Houston would not.

the astros will be better than the m's within a season and a half unless the m's make massive changes at the top.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

keuchel has 2 losses on the season, and gave up 4 total runs in his last 4 starts, including dominating performances over the 2 of the hottest hitting AL teams (Tigers and Angels).

I actually agree with Lloyd. He wasn't saying he was average, but that he had average stuff in the game and that is what it looked like to me. Difference was he got our lousy hitters to chase bad pitches. Their young hitters had better discipline at least when it counted.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because he had good numbers doesn't mean he had good stuff today. There were countless first pitch outs today. I watched the whole game and he wasn't dominate the M's just didn't make him sweat. He was easily hittable and their approach was horrible.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god. Glad he said what needs to be said. Sick of "tipping our caps" to average pitchers.

i'm fine with not tipping caps to average pitchers. mcclendon should say it after losses to average pitchers, though.

Dallas Keuchel 2014 Pitching Gamelogs - Baseball-Reference.com

Please explain to me what's average about Keuchel this year?

is it the 2.55 ERA?
maybe the .98 WHIP?
his 61 Ks in 61 innings pitched?

The M's offense is terrible, but that's no reason to throw any semblance of reason out the window when discussing the game.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he had good numbers doesn't mean he had good stuff today. There were countless first pitch outs today. I watched the whole game and he wasn't dominate the M's just didn't make him sweat. He was easily hittable and their approach was horrible.

herp derp

if mcclendon actually thought that, then he's going to fit in with the front office really well.