• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: June 28th - July 7th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems in the outfield..
Are getting Shrek..to AA..
Then a guy to take his spot..in.
The outfield....

Guys .at ACL..
Leave. .disire...so we will prob see .
New ones..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta check myself before I wreck
Myself..
Kelvin..alcantera ..hitb275. At.ACL.

Juan Cruz..hit.277.that.is.better...
Than the guys before..

Only guy left..
George feliz....hit...195..not looking good.
That is all.the guys..so they will need a few more..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not do 1b and 3b although .
They prob need at least one of each..
I will not say they do....

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, they haven't won a series in almost a month because they don't have any offense.

Saying wins matter when they are losing 2 of every 3 they play is a weird flex.

No kidding I have said after the Texas sweep at home starting June 18th on the road it would be a rough patch all the way to July 10th after the Padre series but starting July 11th for the rest of the month it is favorable. The month of August is doable and the final month of September depending on the tables could come down to how well we play the Rangers. The Astros our main competition will have a very tough month of August

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. After the 2019 season, he had a career .280 average.

Since 2020, he has hit .248. Even if you take out this season, he was at .256 from 2020-2023. a 24 point drop. Add the Seattle factor and it should be no surprise he pulled a Wong/Frazier. Need to acquire a guy on the upswing for once. This had train-wreck written all over it.
Without question the past 3 2B were all trending down (well most of Jerry’s acquisitions are) but he shouldn’t have been this bad. Agree with finally getting someone on the way up but not sure the FO knows how or their MLB scouts don’t know how

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question the past 3 2B were all trending down (well most of Jerry’s acquisitions are) but he shouldn’t have been this bad. Agree with finally getting someone on the way up but not sure the FO knows how or their MLB scouts don’t know how
Yes you are right we do need to start questioning their scouts on the pro side. I think they are mailing it in.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding I have said after the Texas sweep at home starting June 18th on the road it would be a rough patch all the way to July 10th after the Padre series but starting July 11th for the rest of the month it is favorable. The month of August is doable and the final month of September depending on the tables could come down to how well we play the Rangers. The Astros our main competition will have a very tough month of August
You wouldn't have had to predict a rough patch lasting a month if they had any sort of offense with a pulse.

You are trying to play both sides of the table right now. You can't say both they are a team you have high faith in being able to make a playoff run and at the same time say you expected them to not beat a single team for a month. That's just pure hoping they get lucky and other teams they face fall apart. Houston and Texas are both making moves up on the M's because they can hit the ball.

Several of us said this was going to happen. And it did 100% entirely because they have a historically bad offense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right we do need to start questioning their scouts on the pro side. I think they are mailing it in.
Or just bad at their job, aren’t getting the resources the DR scouts are given, or the most likely scenario are the scouts from the movie Trouble with the Curve.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't have had to predict a rough patch lasting a month if they had any sort of offense with a pulse.

You are trying to play both sides of the table right now. You can't say both they are a team you have high faith in being able to make a playoff run and at the same time say you expected them to not beat a single team for a month. That's just pure hoping they get lucky and other teams they face fall apart. Houston and Texas are both making moves up on the M's because they can hit the ball.

Several of us said this was going to happen. And it did 100% entirely because they have a historically bad offense.

Two things can absolutely be true at the same time. I can say hey from this date to this date its going to be a rough go because the majority of the teams we are playing are over .500 trying to make the playoffs. Even with the rough patch (which by the way every team in the MLB goes through a rough patch) we are going into favorable match ups and yes I still believe my Mariners can make the playoffs.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things can absolutely be true at the same time. I can say hey from this date to this date its going to be a rough go because the majority of the teams we are playing are over .500 trying to make the playoffs. Even with the rough patch (which by the way every team in the MLB goes through a rough patch) we are going into favorable match ups and yes I still believe my Mariners can make the playoffs.
You need to win Playoff Series against FOUR of those "rough patch" teams in a row to win a World Series :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, then your math skills aren't great.

They are failing to win against every single decent team. All of them.

So even if they make the playoffs, they can't score on good teams.

The bar isn't reaching the playoffs. It's a deep run in the playoffs. Anything short of at least reaching the ALCS is a failure and really the fans aren't going to be happy until they at least reach the WS.

After 47+ years of this just limping into the playoffs and getting knocked out early again doesn't cut it. Not at all.

They aren't setup for a run. We all see it. Everyone in the sport sees it.

They don't need a top 5 offense. Not a top 10 probably. But dead fucking last and so bad they are setting records in the history of the sport in offensive futility is not going to cut it.

No one has faith they will make the kinds of deals necessary to recover a real part of that this year. The problems are the culture and coaching. No young studs from the farm will change it. No back end bullpen additions will impact it. No mid level bat will make a dent.

This is the team they have this year and they aren't remotely setup for a run.

You can hang your hopes that both Texas teams falter badly in the second half and leave the door open for the M's to limp into the playoffs, but they are showing you loud and clear how not ready they are to do anything with it.

I'm old and fucking tired of waiting. I've had enough. Not just for 48 years, but 9 years of this regime with no real results and looking like they are going backwards, not forwards.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, then your math skills aren't great.

They are failing to win against every single decent team. All of them.

So even if they make the playoffs, they can't score on good teams.

The bar isn't reaching the playoffs. It's a deep run in the playoffs. Anything short of at least reaching the ALCS is a failure and really the fans aren't going to be happy until they at least reach the WS.

After 47+ years of this just limping into the playoffs and getting knocked out early again doesn't cut it. Not at all.

They aren't setup for a run. We all see it. Everyone in the sport sees it.

They don't need a top 5 offense. Not a top 10 probably. But dead fucking last and so bad they are setting records in the history of the sport in offensive futility is not going to cut it.

No one has faith they will make the kinds of deals necessary to recover a real part of that this year. The problems are the culture and coaching. No young studs from the farm will change it. No back end bullpen additions will impact it. No mid level bat will make a dent.

This is the team they have this year and they aren't remotely setup for a run.

You can hang your hopes that both Texas teams falter badly in the second half and leave the door open for the M's to limp into the playoffs, but they are showing you loud and clear how not ready they are to do anything with it.

I'm old and fucking tired of waiting. I've had enough. Not just for 48 years, but 9 years of this regime with no real results and looking like they are going backwards, not forwards.

So if we win the AL West and make it to the ALDS and lose you would fire all management and tear this entire thing apart and start from scratch again and erase all the hard work done to this point because we didn't make it to the world series? Everybody wants the mariners to be this great 100 win team full of all these players. I am telling you with my own two eyes that doesn't matter. I watched a 90 win Rangers team literally SWEEP Tampa and Baltimore in the playoffs. I watched Arizona SWEEP the LA Dodgers. I don't care what the team looks like because in the end its simple. Where are we at the all star break in the standings and where are we in the standings when the season is over. When the playoffs all those numbers are erased and its a brand new ball game buddy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we win the AL West and make it to the ALDS and lose you would fire all management and tear this entire thing apart and start from scratch again and erase all the hard work done to this point because we didn't make it to the world series? Everybody wants the mariners to be this great 100 win team full of all these players. I am telling you with my own two eyes that doesn't matter. I watched a 90 win Rangers team literally SWEEP Tampa and Baltimore in the playoffs. I watched Arizona SWEEP the LA Dodgers. I don't care what the team looks like because in the end its simple. Where are we at the all star break in the standings and where are we in the standings when the season is over. When the playoffs all those numbers are erased and its a brand new ball game buddy.
Stop with the bullshit already.

We are talking about this years team and how they are built. The discussion is their chances of doing anything this year.

How do you respond? By pivoting to it must mean I want to fire everyone!!!

We are not having the discussion about how to deal with it all next year. Not yet.

This is just 100% on this year so please stop putting words in people's mouths.

I don't see a path to a deep run this year with the team as built, and I've seen nothing over the last 9 years that leads me to belive this organization can right the ship during the season. That's my opinion and one that many share, including insidersand those that cover baseball and the team.

You are free to stick with your opinions. You aren't going to change ours with any amount of condescending rhetoric.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grow tired of empty hyperbolic drivel

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When.felix got injured..it looked..
Bad..
And the minors was non exestant..
The mariners org looks like it may have
A chance.
Even with greedy owners....

For me dollor or a dime..it's all.good..
But owners..
Will make sure..it's a dollor..
And more..
With no fan..comp...in quality..of team

It's as is....car..sale..

Buyer beware .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said phili.rebuilded..
Before..the mariners..and still.
Have not gone to world series ..
Crawford...originally was part.of Phili s..

Rebuild..they had an awesome rotation
.no hitting...sound familiar..

But yeah still no world series..
They look like front runners this..year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To know. What to expect..
History..class ..is good..

Same in sports .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phili.s..were impatient with there.young.
1st round pick..and sent him. To
Seattle...
Just in time for an other rebuild..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford has been a good ss. for the
Mariners
And won a gold..glove..1 year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locklear.mhitting..250..at Tacoma..
Clase.
As well..looks like next year at earlyest..
For both..