• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: June 28th - July 7th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizz sims blow..and the gang should.
Do.
Griffy..to Gilbert..nfl films style..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to start in the 70s..at the begining though.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geniuses..
In the begining..there was the king dome..
And mariners filled it..
Seahawks as well....lololo

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we win the AL West and make it to the ALDS and lose you would fire all management and tear this entire thing apart and start from scratch again and erase all the hard work done to this point because we didn't make it to the world series? Everybody wants the mariners to be this great 100 win team full of all these players. I am telling you with my own two eyes that doesn't matter. I watched a 90 win Rangers team literally SWEEP Tampa and Baltimore in the playoffs. I watched Arizona SWEEP the LA Dodgers. I don't care what the team looks like because in the end its simple. Where are we at the all star break in the standings and where are we in the standings when the season is over. When the playoffs all those numbers are erased and its a brand new ball game buddy.
Why does firing management mean tearing it all down? Fans are frustrated because the Mariners have an amazing foundation to win a WS but have gotten progressively worse and worse offensively.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later ..boom..broken .dome..
So mariners put a roof..
That of coarse became state of the art .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going to call..the new stadium.
Griffy land..
But dicided to put a statue instead.

Mariners m.mlb films..
Lolol

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does firing management mean tearing it all down? Fans are frustrated because the Mariners have an amazing foundation to win a WS but have gotten progressively worse and worse offensively.

Because it essentially is a tear down. This team is built on the vision of JD if you bring in new management they are going to come in with their own vision of how to manage a franchise. They will most likely get rid of the manager Servais and the coaching staff and that alone will change the entire chemistry of the locker room because as he has been the manager going on 8 years so we don't know the possible negative or positive response players would have to that because guys like Kirby, Gilbert, and J Rod have known him their professional career. We don't know the effects of new coaches, management and players coming to the team changing chemistry. Could things get better? Possibly yes, to me is it worth the risk as we are in first place in the West on the majors level with a very good farm system put together? To me I wouldn't pull that plug until we make major leaps backwards and start finishing below .500 at the end of the season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it essentially is a tear down. This team is built on the vision of JD if you bring in new management they are going to come in with their own vision of how to manage a franchise. They will most likely get rid of the manager Servais and the coaching staff and that alone will change the entire chemistry of the locker room because as he has been the manager going on 8 years so we don't know the possible negative or positive response players would have to that because guys like Kirby, Gilbert, and J Rod have known him their professional career. We don't know the effects of new coaches, management and players coming to the team changing chemistry. Could things get better? Possibly yes, to me is it worth the risk as we are in first place in the West on the majors level with a very good farm system put together? To me I wouldn't pull that plug until we make major leaps backwards and start finishing below .500 at the end of the season.
So you are scared of change. That is all you had to stay instead of all of your weird arguments.

Dipoto’s “vision”. Dude it’s baseball, it’s not football or basketball where you get guys to fit a certain offense or defense. If they overhaul the FO and coaching staff the players will be fine. They traded for team leaders in the offseason, traded clubhouse leaders two times in the years previous.

If they bring in a whole new group to lead the team it is only because the team underperformed during a championship window, not because they were a dog crap overall team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are scared of change. That is all you had to stay instead of all of your weird arguments.

Dipoto’s “vision”. Dude it’s baseball, it’s not football or basketball where you get guys to fit a certain offense or defense. If they overhaul the FO and coaching staff the players will be fine. They traded for team leaders in the offseason, traded clubhouse leaders two times in the years previous.

If they bring in a whole new group to lead the team it is only because the team underperformed during a championship window, not because they were a dog crap overall team.

I think you really underestimate the optics of management in sports especially at the professional level. I absolutely promise you if a manager is liked by the players and there is an understanding of the culture around the locker room. If the players felt the firing of their manager was unjust or premature that can cause a rift in the chemistry which is more important in baseball then in basketball and football where you can out talent the opposing team for wins. There is a reason why the Seahawks management fired Pete Caroll after his prime team disintegrated and the new core didn't respond to his leadership. You can't just trade away whatever player you want and expect nobody to care, people are not robots.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco..2 hits..if he stays..with a couple.
Hits a game..
Is his old self..then he is back .

But it's like..dieing of thirst...
When guys are not.hitting....

It's death..valley...dry.

..sounds like.a drink...

But it's hitting..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 other teams don't give a rats..
About who is 1st in a mock..

And mockers are choosing .
Wrong guys..
Anyway..
Chase burnes..
Or
Hagen smith..

May be better. Than the hitters...

Mockers ...hide your face...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ya make a strike.out record in collage .
In a year .when.no one realy stands out.

Maybe that is the guy that stands out..

His name..is hagen..Smith.lhp..Arkansas..

For me #a1..idk though mariners are #15.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No media cares more about a freak...more
Than who is good. Can't trust um..

That's sure. ..
Sodo mojo .and .
Si..
Prove that every day..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't really need to say anything...

They will.....but a lot of it will .be from..
Stupid point of view...

Sodo mojo and cuzzin..si
Yeah went to collage to ..wait..what.is it.
You get payed for again...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you really underestimate the optics of management in sports especially at the professional level. I absolutely promise you if a manager is liked by the players and there is an understanding of the culture around the locker room. If the players felt the firing of their manager was unjust or premature that can cause a rift in the chemistry which is more important in baseball then in basketball and football where you can out talent the opposing team for wins. There is a reason why the Seahawks management fired Pete Caroll after his prime team disintegrated and the new core didn't respond to his leadership. You can't just trade away whatever player you want and expect nobody to care, people are not robots.
Can you point to an example in baseball? Baseball is not basketball or football where the players have a lot more control. The players have been fine when the clubhouse leaders were traded, why would a manager be any different? Especially for this ball club that has a crap load of guys that can’t afford to dog it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stay at the see if you can get lucky and limp into a WC slot every year only actually making it once a decade or so to avoid your fears that a change at the top could make them slide back even more.

We've reached the ceiling for Dipoto and Servais as a pair. Their philosophy and approach doesn't win championships.

We have seen this team go from bad to worse on regime changes in the past. I get the fear. Lou was the only change in franchise history that put you on a track to winning. He ended up leaving here because he didn't get the support of the front office that he wanted and they were never the same after.

I've said this before many times. The problem isn't just Servais or Dipoto. We do not have an ownership group with a focus on winning championships. They are here purely for profits and if they happen to get lucky and reach a championship that's a nice little bonus on their bottom line.

Still, some of us are not satisfied with the status quo. We are not good with the idea that this is all the team is ever going to be under this group.

They are toxic to hitting and that's a major problem. If they would adjust their system instead of changing out one mediocre player after another year after year and watching it do nothing I'd retain hope for them. Dipoto was a pitcher and Servais a catcher. That side of the game they know. Hitting and fielding they don't. And it shows.

Dipoto could replace Servais with a manger that focused on all parts of the team, but I fear it wouldn't lead to a major run because again it isn't just him. I'd still be in favor of at least trying because you have less to lose than gain.

You keep making every post about firing those guys when most of us have resigned ourselves to accepting that we won't get what we want under this ownership group. Changing out Dipoto and Servais won't mean anything if an ownership group focused entirely on money is the group replacing them. You could get lucky and find another Lou, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We heard from Dipoto last year enough to know he's never going to change or grow. He's doing is a favor to tell us to be patient about reaching the WS. Building up a program focused on winning 54% will pay off. Some day. He says.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stay at the see if you can get lucky and limp into a WC slot every year only actually making it once a decade or so to avoid your fears that a change at the top could make them slide back even more.

We've reached the ceiling for Dipoto and Servais as a pair. Their philosophy and approach doesn't win championships.

We have seen this team go from bad to worse on regime changes in the past. I get the fear. Lou was the only change in franchise history that put you on a track to winning. He ended up leaving here because he didn't get the support of the front office that he wanted and they were never the same after.

I've said this before many times. The problem isn't just Servais or Dipoto. We do not have an ownership group with a focus on winning championships. They are here purely for profits and if they happen to get lucky and reach a championship that's a nice little bonus on their bottom line.

Still, some of us are not satisfied with the status quo. We are not good with the idea that this is all the team is ever going to be under this group.

They are toxic to hitting and that's a major problem. If they would adjust their system instead of changing out one mediocre player after another year after year and watching it do nothing I'd retain hope for them. Dipoto was a pitcher and Servais a catcher. That side of the game they know. Hitting and fielding they don't. And it shows.

Dipoto could replace Servais with a manger that focused on all parts of the team, but I fear it wouldn't lead to a major run because again it isn't just him. I'd still be in favor of at least trying because you have less to lose than gain.

You keep making every post about firing those guys when most of us have resigned ourselves to accepting that we won't get what we want under this ownership group. Changing out Dipoto and Servais won't mean anything if an ownership group focused entirely on money is the group replacing them. You could get lucky and find another Lou, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We heard from Dipoto last year enough to know he's never going to change or grow. He's doing is a favor to tell us to be patient about reaching the WS. Building up a program focused on winning 54% will pay off. Some day. He says.

I will level with you on two things one is that ownership is a problem as John Stanton isn't even top 15 in terms of net worth when it comes to owners in the MLB in which I believe there is financial restraint with operations on the ball club. An owner with a net worth of around 1 Billion probably doesn't want to see an annual payroll of 220-315 million.

Also, if we miss the playoffs now 2 years in a row then yes management would owe a big explanation to the fans and that would personally start to change my opinion. However someone said which is completely ridiculous to me in that if the Mariners made it to the ALCS and lost they should still fire management.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things can absolutely be true at the same time. I can say hey from this date to this date its going to be a rough go because the majority of the teams we are playing are over .500 trying to make the playoffs. Even with the rough patch (which by the way every team in the MLB goes through a rough patch) we are going into favorable match ups and yes I still believe my Mariners can make the playoffs.
Unless Jerry trades for a bat or two, there isn't any matchup I would say is an easy sweep or easy 2-1 series win.
Angels are dog shit and looked what happened.