• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's At Tigers...Whatever

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One ringy-dingy

Two ringy-dingy's

Three ringy-dingy's

... about sums it up for me...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the fans that were full of unicorns and rainbows a month ago? :noidea:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the fans that were full of unicorns and rainbows a month ago? :noidea:

? I don't recall anyone really buying into how good they were playing... Most still had reservation's about the team it seemed...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? I don't recall anyone really buying into how good they were playing... Most still had reservation's about the team it seemed...
Well then you don't recall the fans who were telling everyone off for daring to not think this team was ready to reach the top right now. Give any criticism and they were jumping on it. It's not unlike some of the Seahawk fans that come unglued if you dare to criticize anything the coaches or players do that you don't agree with.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy with the way things were going but wondering how the hell it was happening with this roster! Bummed i wont be watching a pennant run, again. This franchise is jinxed, no doubt about it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just can't seem to get it right, either we have pitching without the bats or bats without the pitching. I DO feel that we have the right guy in charge to turn this around, but have said all along that to expect a complete turn around in his first year is a bit of a stretch. I like the moves he made to the lineup, but the rotation and bullpen have a ways to go. We are all tired of giving this team the time to get it right, but unfortunately we have to give them some time. It just bums me out that we land a couple of big fish (Cano & Cruz), and in the end it's likely we will have nothing to show for it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt after 50 games -- nearly 1/3 of the season -- that we definitely had a playoff contending team. We were 28-18 and in 1st place not long ago. It's been a really rough 3 weeks.

I'm not giving up, still gonna cheer on the team and watch the games, not gonna throw a tantrum on the boards and "f this franchise" and all that. But hey, cheers to the guys who "called it" a few weeks ago, and i'm sure they're happy now that the team is playing poorly. Must be a good feeling....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Keith Law of ESPN:

“I think what Jerry Dipoto’s really done well so far as the GM there is little deals, small patches, saying ‘Well, I can make this one spot a little bit better,'” said Law on Tuesday. “‘If average is better than what we’ve got, then that’s an upgrade.’ I think a lot of GMs don’t spend enough time doing stuff like that.”

---------------

That must be the prerequisite of any M's GM...Doing the little things. I would love to have one who does the big things for a change. Not a knock on Dipoto, but just a relevant statement on M's franchise that you would never hear said as a positive about a GM with a 'real' franchise.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt after 50 games -- nearly 1/3 of the season -- that we definitely had a playoff contending team. We were 28-18 and in 1st place not long ago. It's been a really rough 3 weeks.

I'm not giving up, still gonna cheer on the team and watch the games, not gonna throw a tantrum on the boards and "f this franchise" and all that. But hey, cheers to the guys who "called it" a few weeks ago, and i'm sure they're happy now that the team is playing poorly. Must be a good feeling....
MarinersPR ‏@MarinersPR 4h4 hours ago

#Mariners Sign RHP Tom Wilhelmsen (has its own thread), LHP Charlie Furbush transferred to 60-day DL, RHP Jonathan Aro optioned to AAA Tacoma.

Something needed to be done... Our bullpen has been pitching a lot this year with the lack of innings our starters have been able to muster up... Need depth, that is for sure... Dipito is smart... I think he'll eventually right the ship... We're almost there... Obviously not going to count us out this year but we're digging ourselves a pretty nice hole... I like our positioning in the next year or two under Dipito though...

Our main hurdle regards to making a run this year, via a trade by August 1st is that our farm system is in one of the worst positions in baseball... It's horrific... We can't really afford to move some of our talent to make a move this year...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's are 11-16 in 4 of the last 5 seasons for the month of June (exception was 2014).
They actually need a miracle to reach that high this year.
Horrible franchise in the month of June year in and year out.

Seattle Mariners: Other teams have to love these guys.
Seattle Mariners: True to the blue balls they leave you with.
Seattle Mariners: 2 on with no outs, so what.
Seattle Mariners: Refuse to win.

These would be more appropriate team slogans instead of the false advertising versions we hear them using.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's are 11-16 in 4 of the last 5 seasons for the month of June (exception was 2014).
They actually need a miracle to reach that high this year.
Horrible franchise in the month of June year in and year out.

Seattle Mariners: Other teams have to love these guys.
Seattle Mariners: True to the blue balls they leave you with.
Seattle Mariners: 2 on with no outs, so what.
Seattle Mariners: Refuse to win.

These would be more appropriate team slogans instead of the false advertising versions we hear them using.
Ill still have em on in background out by the fire with a glass of whiskey, but it is getting hard to deal with year after year! Not giving up though....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know if you have heard this before;

2 on in the 1st and 0 Runs

Tigers with nobody on and 2 outs and a homer.

Again, their bigs better than out bigs,,,but w/o a lead our blowpen can't lose it for us. #silverlining

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third inning and GAME OVER already.

Typical. But at least we didn't have a lead to surrender as soon as we would have one.

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Ken Rosenthal Retweeted TR Sullivan

On top of Holland joining Darvish on DL…wow. #Rangers began day leading AL in rotation ERA.

Ken Rosenthal added,

TR Sullivan @Sullivan_Ranger
Colby Lewis to miss up to two months with strained lat muscle......no word on who will replace him... Jon Daniels: "kick in the gut"

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we'll still be .500 i guess

fuck

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really still need to giving Aoki regular playing time. Start giving Guti more Abs until he can't handle it

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We score a run off of back-to-back HBP's. Then with bases loaded and 1 out we get...squat. Guti K and Cano 1 pitch weak GB to 1B.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We score a run off of back-to-back HBP's. Then with bases loaded and 1 out we get...squat. Guti K and Cano 1 pitch weak GB to 1B.
That's how it is. Don't forget:

Leaving runners in scoring position is a trademark move of the Seattle Mariners, and cannot be performed by any other team without the expressed written consent of the Mariners and Major League Baseball.