• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Aholes: June 6th - 8th

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading beat writers talking about Frazier and how great he hit last year so he should turn it around. He hit .267 with the Padres last year. I don't think this is a funk. I think he liked Pitt.
Frazier isn't the .324 hitter he was in 98 games with Pitt. He was merely hitting well. Anyone who tries to argue he's anything more than an average player is wrong.

I think he's a solid hitter, but nothing above league average.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier isn't the .324 hitter he was in 98 games with Pitt. He was merely hitting well. Anyone who tries to argue he's anything more than an average player is wrong.

I think he's a solid hitter, but nothing above league average.
agree - he rarely barrels the ball up and hardly ever hits it hard ANYWHERE ( ground ball - flyout ) He hits the most can of corn fly balls and weak ground outs of any Mariner. Plus side is he does not strike out a ton.

He has earned that bottom portion of the line up and I hope he stays there.

How they bean Julio twice in back to back at bats and no warning called at all ? Total bullshit. Pitcher was head hunting on both pitches that hit him.

Throwing at the head is a big no no. But the @ssholes are both cheaters and bad sportsmen. Not surprised in the least.

Great series win. Hope the winning continues at home. Need to play above .500 ball for the entire month and make up some ground.
Would be real nice to rip off a nice 6-7-8 game winning streak soon.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone forgot to tell Servais that this was the year to win. He isn't subbing in pitchers when a guy is struggling and he isn't using PH late in games to max situations.

There is no excuse to put a guy at the plate who was struggling and is hitting around .160 in the 8th inning, down a run, with the bases loaded and only 1 out.

Yes, he did the exact same thing earlier and the same guy pushed in the only run to that point. Late inning with game on the line is different.

This was your DH. Wouldn't have any impact in the field after a sub. It's the easiest PH situation you can have as a manager.

Even if they go get a couple of bats and get injured guys back and make a push, this organization is incapable of playing smart situational baseball.
I don’t think it your 100% correct. I think Servais is doing the same thing he did last year but guys aren’t coming through every time like last year. 2021 Servais is, what was it 2016 Lloyd McClendon but he was fired the next year when his randomly putting bullpen arms in and randomly pinch hitting guys didn’t work. 2021 Servais could have won manager of the year but they also should have been a sub .500 team based on every analytical metric (and I hate baseball analytics)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Zunino he can’t throw a guy out at second for the life of him
That is on the Mariners though with changing his stance for analytical reasons last year. His new stance is great for framing pitches but is garbage against throwing runners out…which analytics folks don’t put into their equation. He’s got the arm to throw people out, he just needs to stance to do it and this isn’t it. When you are in AAA it’s like when the bosses away the children play

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t have Root, was Julio throw at or was it just an inside pitch? Can’t tell from the Twitter clip.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t have Root, was Julio throw at or was it just an inside pitch? Can’t tell from the Twitter clip.
Hit him in same exact spot both times by two different pitchers. Who knows if it was on purpose, but came after Altuve was buzzed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit him in same exact spot both times by two different pitchers. Who knows if it was on purpose, but came after Altuve was buzzed.
I haven’t seen the last few games. So is Julio playing better than France..it is usually tit for tat and France has been the guy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen the last few games. So is Julio playing better than France..it is usually tit for tat and France has been the guy.
Ya France was 1 for 25 before today I believe while Julio just keeps doing Julio things.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya France was 1 for 25 before today I believe while Julio just keeps doing Julio things.
He definitely has over produced. Take away April and he is an all star of at least on the verge? If Manfred finally shows he has baseball in mind he would put him in the homer in derby. They need personalities but MLB has their eyes on everything but growing their sport.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series win against the Astro's... That is 4 series wins in a row... Let's payback the Red Sox from a few weeks ago w/ another series win...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has over produced. Take away April and he is an all star of at least on the verge? If Manfred finally shows he has baseball in mind he would put him in the homer in derby. They need personalities but MLB has their eyes on everything but growing their sport.
Totally agree. Julio is perfect for that weekend. He is the most energetic player I have seen. He doesn't act like he wants to be there, he genuinely wants to be there in baseball. Manfred will screw it up somehow.