• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS in all fairness I have seen many Heat fans paying high attention to the Cavs, and for good reason.

The Heat Haters thread has by default turned into the Cavs Hater thread, albeit people do it subject by subject.

I'm an NBA fan so I do pay attention to the other 29 teams a bit. I hardly watch cavs games because their announcers are trash but yes I pay attention to the scores just like I do with every other team.....it is the reason why I had the league pass for 15+ years now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with most of that.

I don't think, generally speaking, cavs fans are worried about the Heat though.

FWIW I see WAAAY more Heat fans pointing out the Cavs troubles than I do the other way around. I mean, that's to be expected... the Cavs are much more of a national sports topic this season... so people are going to be talking about the Cavs more often... and I don't blame Heat fans for enjoying their trouble a little bit when the topic comes up.... but it can't be that satisfying when the Heat are struggling badly themselves.

My comment was mainly directed at wiggy. He would make a comment about the heat in almost every cavs related thread on the main board. At the end of the day if cavs fans are comparing their team this year to Miami's team, they have really low expectations for their team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS in all fairness I have seen many Heat fans paying high attention to the Cavs, and for good reason.

The Heat Haters thread has by default turned into the Cavs Hater thread, albeit people do it subject by subject.

FTR people do not hate Cleveland nearly as much as Miami. The media & fans been taking it easy on them. Can you imagine the scrutiny miami would've taken if they ever started a year 19-18

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR people do not hate Cleveland nearly as much as Miami. The media & fans been taking it easy on them. Can you imagine the scrutiny miami would've taken if they ever started a year 19-18

Very true

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Pat Riley will be 70 in March

unless he isa vampire- (and I actually think that is a distinct possibility) he will not be around for the post- DWade era- and someone else will be in charge of the inevitable rebuild with Bosh making 23M in '16/'17, 25M in '17/'18 and 27M in 18'/'19

I am sure Bosh will be worth 27 million at age 35..LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was mainly directed at wiggy. He would make a comment about the heat in almost every cavs related thread on the main board. At the end of the day if cavs fans are comparing their team this year to Miami's team, they have really low expectations for their team

you guys talk out of your ass.

I mean which one is it? The Cavs are not playing well in December and January with a bunch of injuries,player turnover, and getting used to a new coach- so that means they wont be playing well in May?

Because they dont win 60 games they cant beat the Wizards or Hawks???

I mean good lord-

According to the brotherhood of bitternes, they already predictedthe Cavs slow start anyway, and now they go crazy when a bunch of injuries and trades are piled on top of it

its just totally nonsensical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Mozgov is starting tonight in GSW for TT.....

hmmmmm.......now- I think under the vast majority of circumstances this would be a good move....getting Mozgov in their right away against one of the fastest up and downteams in the league?

i dunno about that one coach Blatt...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Pat Riley will be 70 in March

unless he isa vampire- (and I actually think that is a distinct possibility) he will not be around for the post- DWade era- and someone else will be in charge of the inevitable rebuild with Bosh making 23M in '16/'17, 25M in '17/'18 and 27M in 18'/'19

I am sure Bosh will be worth 27 million at age 35..LOL

Why are you so concerned about with what the Heat do? One thing about the Heat is that they were successful before Lebron....they were also a successful franchise before Wade so they'll figure this out

Go look at the NBA all time winning %.

The Heat are top 10 while the Cavs are towards the bottom of the list

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys talk out of your ass.

I mean which one is it? The Cavs are not playing well in December and January with a bunch of injuries,player turnover, and getting used to a new coach- so that means they wont be playing well in May?

Because they dont win 60 games they cant beat the Wizards or Hawks???

I mean good lord-

According to the brotherhood of bitternes, they already predictedthe Cavs slow start anyway, and now they go crazy when a bunch of injuries and trades are piled on top of it

its just totally nonsensical.

I actually said they can beat the Wizards but you're not winning the finals if your road to the finals is looking like it currently does. Going through Washington, Atlanta, Chicago, & whoever comes out the West isn't the way to win the finals.

Let's not use the trade excuse please. If the Cavs were playing as well as you assumed in the summer, the only trade that they would have to make is using the DPE for Mozgov. Waiters would not have been traded if they were on their 70 win pace as you claim they would be.

How long does it take you to get used to a new coach? Warriors are doing just fine with their new coach. Memphis adjusted to their new coach last season pretty easily as well. If you're truly a good team it doesn't take you 3 or 4 months to adjust to any coach or vice versa.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Mozgov is starting tonight in GSW for TT.....

hmmmmm.......now- I think under the vast majority of circumstances this would be a good move....getting Mozgov in their right away against one of the fastest up and downteams in the league?

i dunno about that one coach Blatt...

Might as well play him. This is going to be a tough one for the Cavs with or without him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so concerned about with what the Heat do? One thing about the Heat is that they were successful before Lebron....they were also a successful franchise before Wade so they'll figure this out

Go look at the NBA all time winning %.

The Heat are top 10 while the Cavs are towards the bottom of the list

The Sixers have a better long term future than the Heat

the Heat have nothing to build on- You guys are totally 100% devoid of young talent. That rebuild will be long and brutal- and Riley will not be there

you know that and I know that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take you to get used to a new coach? Warriors are doing just fine with their new coach. Memphis adjusted to their new coach last season pretty easily as well. If you're truly a good team it doesn't take you 3 or 4 months to adjust to any coach or vice versa

Those teams had continuity with their roster. Not so much in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually said they can beat the Wizards but you're not winning the finals if your road to the finals is looking like it currently does. Going through Washington, Atlanta, Chicago, & whoever comes out the West isn't the way to win the finals.

Let's not use the trade excuse please. If the Cavs were playing as well as you assumed in the summer, the only trade that they would have to make is using the DPE for Mozgov. Waiters would not have been traded if they were on their 70 win pace as you claim they would be.

How long does it take you to get used to a new coach? Warriors are doing just fine with their new coach. Memphis adjusted to their new coach last season pretty easily as well. If you're truly a good team it doesn't take you 3 or 4 months to adjust to any coach or vice versa.

The Warriors and Memphis have coaches that have been around the NBA- and while Blatt is highly regarded and respected by anyone that knows the game- its going to take going through the league once or twice before he learns tendencies, rotations, etc.

plus- when you have injuries and trades that just sets you back on your way to establishing rotations. To be honest- I HOPE that Blatt gets a healthy team and can get a handle on the rest of the league by late March

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- at least the Lakers have Randle, cap space and a likely top 5 pick.....

The Heat are in the worst spot an NBA team can be in right now- the bottom rung of Eastern Contenders-

This is a place where you wallow in mediocrity since they wont have cap room due to their signings-they wont ever get a high draft either....

In the NBA the WORST place you can be is in the low middle (like the 40% percentile)- and thats exactly where Miamiis

(unless you are the Cavs and swipe the #1 pick from likethe 9 spot!! LOL)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- at least the Lakers have Randle, cap space and a likely top 5 pick.....

The Heat are in the worst spot an NBA team can be in right now- the bottom rung of Eastern Contenders-

This is a place where you wallow in mediocrity since they wont have cap room due to their signings-they wont ever get a high draft either....

In the NBA the WORST place you can be is in the low middle (like the 40% percentile)- and thats exactly where Miamiis

You do realize almost all of Miami current contracts is off the books by 2016 right? I'm pretty sure only Napier (rookie contract), McBob, & Bosh are scheduled to be under contract in 2016. It is pretty easy to get fixed when you're got trapped with ridiculous contracts for bad players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Miami Heat

yah you guys wont have any cap room this off season but for the 2016/2017 season you will

ask Dallas and the Lakers- 2 big time franchises that had Kobe and Dirk in position- how much cap room did for them......or the Knicks when they signed traded for Melo and signed Amare and Chandler....

as we have seen over the years- cap room guarantees you nothing. And it REALLY is a long shot if you do not have an established star (usually intheir prime) that serves as a base for a guy to come play with- as you guys did with Wade a few years ago- or the Celts did with Pierce, theCavs just did with Kyrie and the#1, or the Rockets did with Harden etc. etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat can make trades if they really want to. It isn't that hard to make trades when almost everyone on your roster only has a year or 2 left on their contract.

With Cole leaving in the offseason it gives Miami a chance to get a real PG.

As I said before stop worrying about the Heat and hijacking every Cav thread or non-Heat thread and turning it into a Heat thread.

If you're so concerned about Miami, make a thread about them

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach isn't the issue.

I blame Lebron and also the GM for Cleveland struggles

dude

REALLY?!!!!

Blatt has started Dion, Marion, Miller at the 2

for a while he was playing Joe Harris big minutes

and for some FUCKEDUP AND RIDICULOUS REASON he CONTINUES TO PLAY DELLE BIG MINUTES!!!!!

Blatt is a VERY good X's and O's guy- but his managmentof rotations and situations has been completely sub par thus far

With guys like Mozgov, and Shumpert though, he should be able to set a good 8-9 man rotation i hope and stick to it and give guys predictable minutes which is a big deal in the NBA game

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pissed off that LeBron had the nerve to leave your Heat & go back home to NE Ohio huh? What happened to you saying that your Heat will..."be just fine" w/ Deng replacing the fella that was the main reason your Heat won back-to-back titles?

I never was pissed if he demanded opt outs every season.
I said that BEFORE he left.
I know his best days are behind him although I obviously still know how good he is.
IF his back is injured in any sort of way that will be reoccurring, then his decline will be quicker then most anticipated.

I never thought Deng was anything more then what he is.
His value is just about what he earns.