• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up with this?

Link to ESPN latest on Grizzlies pursuing trade for either Luol Deng or Jeff Green -- espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id…

Sounds more like the Grizzlies looking for Small Forward options more than Miami being interested in trading Deng ( not that I will mind considering how bad we been as a team even though he's been clearly the 3rd best player). I think they have a much better shot of getting Green from Boston

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs aren't doing shit without Lebron. He needs to get healthy and then get back with the new players and gain chemistry and not play so many minutes. Seeding wont matter too much. But he will have to be healthy and play big minutes in the postseason for the Cavs to do anything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeding is very important. Who is the last team to even make a finals without having HCA in any of the first 3 rounds? Most teams who make the finals usually would have HCA in the first 2 rounds. In addition to that this isn't some great experienced playoffs team used to winning on the road in big spots like LeBron Miami teams

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think anything has changed and that anyone but Chicago and Cleveland will be the teams in the ECF than your crazy

I still believe the Cavs make the Finals simply because they have THE BEST player- and Chicago's best player will never be the same

I like Jimmy Butler- dont get me wrong- but lets see him do it for a year or two- instead of a month or two before we get hasty - plus lets see if gasol can stay healthy- somethinghe hasnt done in a while- AND he is even older.

as for your guys Heat....

i mean- its gonna bea struggle to be .500-- you guys accept that at this point right?- Dwade can play at a high level every once in a while when he gets up for it...

but the days of him being a consistent force- and the days where he can swing a playoff series (even a first round series) are through. At least you are not paying him like Kobe and you can keep him around and put him out to pasture eventually on his terms...

It honestly shocks me that people think that Toronto or the Hawks or Wiz will give the Cavs problems. ESPECIALLY the Hawks- and I think the Hawks are very good.

Who guards LeBron?

they just dont have LeBron....its THAT simple.

plus the Cavs did the exact thing they needed to do- add role players that help mitigate their holes.

the other night vs. the Magic- a banged up LeBron was coasting- and the Cavs had a small lead - and Harris pisses off Lebron- he gets out of "chill mode"- and its game over.

LeBron has learned- and WATCHED the Spurs- and knows- whats the point of busting my balls in December and January? All it got me last year was being exhausted by the time the Finals came around.

That last finals game you could see it. LeBron came out in the 2nd half, had nothing left, and whipped the ball around to his teammates passive aggressively and they couldn't do anything.

He wont let that happen again. Plus- Irving can actually get his own shot and wont poop down his leg like Wade did in the Finals this year...

hopefully Mozgov lets Love get back to his old position instead of playing the 5- that fact is just as important as how Mozgov actually plays!

The Cavs lost to the worst team in the league.....the Sixers.

:lol:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs winning the title will be the biggest shock since Detroit did it in 04.

It's not happening. They played nearly half of the season and not once have they looked like a team that can challenge for a title. They look exactly what their seeding say they are. A middle of the road Eastern Conference team.

Who was the last team to win a title without having HCA in any round?[/QUOTE]

Did not look this up... But I am going Houston Rockets. I think their second title came out of the 5th seed in west.

Knicks also went to the finals as an 8th seed. They beat Miami round 1 (strike shorten season). Forced me to hate on them really hard.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are still a developing team. All decent moves but all cards are in now. Gilbert is really all in. Haters need to see this takes time and notably with the injuries they had to work around

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow hard to follow this thread unless youre willing to read a book. Funny shit on mad dog radio today. Making fun of the cavs for this trade. They said if this guy is worth 2 first round picks, imagine what bill russell or wilt wouldve comanded. The whole first round. The NBA expert on there thinks having a big guy down low will turn lebron back into a jump shooter which isnt good. Miami won having bosh play C. They didnt need a big defensive C.

Also i find it funny if u rewind back to before the NFL season. Remember johnny football and lebron all talking shit about cleveland? Bwahahaha cleveland aint winning shit. Lucky ohio st is their best pro program.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are still a developing team. All decent moves but all cards are in now. Gilbert is really all in. Haters need to see this takes time and notably with the injuries they had to work around
It is hard to hate a dysfunctional team like the Cavs. Pity is a better word.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow hard to follow this thread unless youre willing to read a book. Funny shit on mad dog radio today. Making fun of the cavs for this trade. They said if this guy is worth 2 first round picks, imagine what bill russell or wilt wouldve comanded. The whole first round. The NBA expert on there thinks having a big guy down low will turn lebron back into a jump shooter which isnt good. Miami won having bosh play C. They didnt need a big defensive C.

Bosh was athletic enough to be a good defender even at the 5. Cleveland has no one like that. Thompson is flat out too small to play that role. No way Cleveland would have advanced far in the playoffs with Love and Thompson as their only option at the 5.

.....although this seems like an overpay for Mosgov. But centers are hard to find in this day and age so you have to pay a premium for them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
further more-

and this is the MOST important point

The Cavs cant prove anything until the post season anyway. If they won 67 games this year and lost in the 2nd round the season would be a total and absolute failure.

All these alarmists and haters will once again be swallowing a big ball of crow- JUST LIKE THEY DID ON JULY 11th last summer.

Not really.
Helen Keller could see that one coming based on what was transpiring.

Anyway, you have been over optimistic since day one, so your comments aren't at all surprising.

Reality is, you're looking at the glass totally full, best case scenario (which happens about almost never).

How's your highlight reel of K Loves great passes coming along?

How's your best offense of all time coming along?

How's your 70 win season coming along?

Anyway, is it impossible for a James lead team to make a deep run? Of course not..

But this roster probably can't be tweaked much more and that means that NO WAY they will be near a top 15 defensive team.

Historically, where does that get you?

Chances are, that's where you are ending up..

As far as your Heat comments...really??
We (Heat fans) knew what was coming. I predicted 1st round fodder since day 1.
It is what it is.
A couple year setback is often the end result of a good, long run of success.

We'll be fine.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnUp, is Deng really out for bid? Has to be a joke rumor.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could probably be had if the price was right.

But, I don't think the Heat are actively trying to trade him.

He and Green are just 2 guys on the Grizz's wish list.

I'd Love Jeff too.

But, we have zip to offer and Ainge probably isn't in any hurry to help Doc out unless it benefits him.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca you got to know that Bass and Unca Jeff complete the fire sale

Memphis could pull it off if they gave a 2016 or 17 number 1. Celtics dont need any picks prior to then, they cant roster all these kids. In that case, how about two Clippers #1's in 17 and 18?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca you got to know that Bass and Unca Jeff complete the fire sale

Memphis could pull it off if they gave a 2016 or 17 number 1. Celtics dont need any picks prior to then, they cant roster all these kids. In that case, how about two Clippers #1's in 17 and 18?

If he was the Final piece to the Championship puzzle, sure.

But, the Clippers need so many things.

With that being said, Mozgov cost the Cavs 2 conditional #1's.

So, a guy is worth whatever a team is willing to pay.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I follow a lot of heat writers on Twitter and not once was it mentioned about deng being trade bait. I think this is more Memphis being desperate for a starting small forward

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was the Final piece to the Championship puzzle, sure.

But, the Clippers need so many things.

With that being said, Mozgov cost the Cavs 2 conditional #1's.

So, a guy is worth whatever a team is willing to pay.
Congrats Mecca... The Clippers destroyed the Lakers last night.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow a lot of heat writers on Twitter and not once was it mentioned about deng being trade bait. I think this is more Memphis being desperate for a starting small forward
The Heat should consider trading him to salvage their season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs lost to the worst team in the league.....the Sixers.

:lol:

cmon DJ- we all know that as far as rosters go the Lakers have the worst collection of talent in the NBA

at least the Sixers have some kind of hope