• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,528.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you being serious DJ?

Are you really going to make the argument that for this Cavs team that Waiters is he better fit over Jr Smith?

I above everyone was enamored with Waiters' talent. As Mecca and I have both said- Waiters problem is he thinks he is WAY better than he actually is. I HONESTLY believe he thought he was the 2nd best player on the Cavs. While the Cavs were a young team and needed scoring he is a guy that you stick with and develop.

With Kyrie and Love as 2nd options it was totally inexcusable for Dion to take the number of shots that he did. It made no sense.

Jr Smith comes in and in his 2nd game has a better game than Dion had all season. JR is a better outside shooter than DJ, he is vet, and he has playoff experience, not too mention he has proved he can embrace a bench role and excel in it (hence a 6th man of the year award).

Jr Smith, to put it lightly, has had issues with coaches, however all his teammates have supported and liked the guy. Waiters had issues with both the coaches and teammates and never really accepted his bench role.

For the Sixers? Waiters is way more valuable than Smith- for the Cavs? It is not even particularly close.

Suddenly he's good? :pound:

You used to TRY and clown Meatplow on FanNation saying Smith was a chucker. C'mon, at least try to keep it real and not be a total assclown.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs making desperation moves. the next guy that ends up on trading block they will probably go after too. Imagine lebron is threatening to leave if they don't improve the team..i would argue how much help does the supposed best player in game need. if they don't at least make nba finals i think he walks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, congrats on arguing with yourself because no one was claiming that he's not talented.

I said when he was playing. I said he's easily a top 10 center and all of you said I was crazy. Don't change the subject around lol.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs making desperation moves. the next guy that ends up on trading block they will probably go after too. Imagine lebron is threatening to leave if they don't improve the team..i would argue how much help does the supposed best player in game need. if they don't at least make nba finals i think he walks.

And he will go back to miami. Like he said to dwade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You used to TRY and clown Meatplow on FanNation saying Smith was a chucker. C'mon, at least try to keep it real and not be a total assclown.

Yeah, but he never played in the magical land of Cleveland before. That's why he's good now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that JR has proven himself to be is a locker room problem. The Knicks didn't give him to the Cavs out of the kindness of their hearts. They wanted to get rid of him so they made the Cavs take him to get the guy they wanted. If not for that, he would still be a Knick.

At least with Waiters, he is young enough to learn a different role and clean up his attitude.

why did Jr Smith get that contract from the Knicks?

Did the knicks out of the goodness of their hearts say "hey- even though Jr Smith is a coach killer- lets give him a long term contract worth a lot of money!"

Of course not

they gave him that deal because - when he was on a functional team- he embraced the bench role- and was probably the 3rd (or arguably even 2nd) best Knick on a team that was the 2nd seed in the East and won the 6th man of the year award

I totally concede that their is a chance Jr Smith blows up in the Cavs' faces. There is no doubting he has had off-court troubles in the past- and clashed with coaches- that is all well documented

its also well documented that his teammates love him, that he has a pretty darn good 3 pt stroke- and that he is perfectly fine with accepting a bench role- and he has proven that he can absolutely thrive and flourish and substantially contribute to a team from that role.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,528.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point if you CAN READ is that Waiters is younger and has more upside (something Wiggy said himself when he backed up Scott comparing him to Wade, LOL). Smith is what he is, a known chucker that at 29 isn't going to change his ways.

He shot the Knicks out of games and is part of the reason Wiggy clowned Meat about it on the previous website we were on. Now, he's acting like he's the Messiah.

FACT.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,528.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dying over here. Wiggy ripped the Knicks for giving JR Smith that contract saying it was waaaaaay too much.

:pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said when he was playing. I said he's easily a top 10 center and all of you said I was crazy. Don't change the subject around lol.

I'm not. What you're not grasping is that he's not top 10, because he's not on the court. You can't be a top center, if you don't play.

Case in point, from a talent perspective, Sam Bowie (the guy picked ahead of MJ) is one of the best centers ever. However, the dude was always hurt, so he's not considered one of the best ever.

You're not crazy in your evaluation of his talent, that is spot on. You're crazy in saying that a guy who never plays because he's always hurt, is a top player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

on this very thread in the past few days i have on multiple occasions said that Jr Smith clashes with coaches, takes too many shots, and has off the court issues

but to say he has never proven himself is ridiculous. It makes absolutely no sense. Dion Waiters will be lucky if some point in his career he contributes to a team like Jr Smith has done in the past.

you dont win the 6th man of the year award because you wrecked a team. you dont win a 6th man of the year award because you pout and whine about a bench role like dion did. you dont get a big contract extension because you wreck a team and are unmanageable.

you win a 6th man of the year award because you PROVE that you can embrace a bench role and defer when you need to defer. you win a 6th man of the year award because you dont whine and complain and pout and refuse to play because you get sent to the bench (something Dion did this year AND last year)

what exactly am i missing?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if Jr Smith is your 2nd or 3rd best player like the Knicks tried to have him as- you are ABSOLUTELY screwed. However, if you ask him to be bench player- and to be your towards the back of your 8 team rotation he can ABSOLUTELY be an asset to your team

something he has PROVEN in the past.

either that or the league and teams give out 6th man of the year awards and big contract extensions to guys who wreck teams.....sounds realistic...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did Jr Smith get that contract from the Knicks?

Did the knicks out of the goodness of their hearts say "hey- even though Jr Smith is a coach killer- lets give him a long term contract worth a lot of money!"

Of course not

they gave him that deal because - when he was on a functional team- he embraced the bench role- and was probably the 3rd (or arguably even 2nd) best Knick on a team that was the 2nd seed in the East and won the 6th man of the year award

I totally concede that their is a chance Jr Smith blows up in the Cavs' faces. There is no doubting he has had off-court troubles in the past- and clashed with coaches- that is all well documented

its also well documented that his teammates love him, that he has a pretty darn good 3 pt stroke- and that he is perfectly fine with accepting a bench role- and he has proven that he can absolutely thrive and flourish and substantially contribute to a team from that role.

He got it because the Knicks have done a lot of stupid things over the years. He has a ton of talent and the Knicks thought "they could reach him." Teams make those mistakes all of the time.

Instead of asking why they gave him the contract, you might be better served to ask, why they wanted to get rid of him so badly. Especially if he's so well loved in the locker room.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got it because the Knicks have done a lot of stupid things over the years. He has a ton of talent and the Knicks thought "they could reach him." Teams make those mistakes all of the time.

Instead of asking why they gave him the contract, you might be better served to ask, why they wanted to get rid of him so badly. Especially if he's so well loved in the locker room.

did they not "reach" him when he won the 6th man of the year award and was a major contributor on a team that got the 2nd seed and won a playoff series?

lol...i mean cmon man. I have absolutely conceded the Cavs took a risk on the guy- and it was clear that on a pathetic knicks team that was going no where he did not play well and was unhappy.

but it is absolutely, positively indisputable that Jr Smith has proven that he can be an extremely valuable bench player in this league. If you dispute that I dont know what else i can say other than we will have to agree to disagree.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how bad this team is without Lebron.

I see why Love & Kyrie teams were so bad when they were the #1 option

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they not "reach" him when he won the 6th man of the year award and was a major contributor on a team that got the 2nd seed and won a playoff series?

lol...i mean cmon man. I have absolutely conceded the Cavs took a risk on the guy- and it was clear that on a pathetic knicks team that was going no where he did not play well and was unhappy.

but it is absolutely, positively indisputable that Jr Smith has proven that he can be an extremely valuable bench player in this league. If you dispute that I dont know what else i can say other than we will have to agree to disagree.

JR Smith played like shit in the playoffs that year. He is the reason why Indy dominated them

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how bad this team is without Lebron.

I see why Love & Kyrie teams were so bad when they were the #1 option

I've always thought kyrie was overrated. But I thought love was a much better player. I was wrong