• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ Cavs fans thinking the Cavs actually wanted JR. Trust me if they could've gotten Shump without taking back JR or trading Waiters it would have been done.

Haven't you heard? Cleveland is a magical where players all live in harmony and will ride to the championship on unicorns and rainbows while singing Kumbaya.

That's why they're running away with the East and well on their way to 70 wins.:lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you being serious DJ?

Are you really going to make the argument that for this Cavs team that Waiters is he better fit over Jr Smith?

I above everyone was enamored with Waiters' talent. As Mecca and I have both said- Waiters problem is he thinks he is WAY better than he actually is. I HONESTLY believe he thought he was the 2nd best player on the Cavs. While the Cavs were a young team and needed scoring he is a guy that you stick with and develop.

With Kyrie and Love as 2nd options it was totally inexcusable for Dion to take the number of shots that he did. It made no sense.

Jr Smith comes in and in his 2nd game has a better game than Dion had all season. JR is a better outside shooter than DJ, he is vet, and he has playoff experience, not too mention he has proved he can embrace a bench role and excel in it (hence a 6th man of the year award).

Jr Smith, to put it lightly, has had issues with coaches, however all his teammates have supported and liked the guy. Waiters had issues with both the coaches and teammates and never really accepted his bench role.

For the Sixers? Waiters is way more valuable than Smith- for the Cavs? It is not even particularly close.

:agree:

JR totally fits the role the Cavs tried to force Waiters into. As long as he can keep his head out of his ass and Shump can get healthy, the Cavs addressed two pressing needs.

I really hope Mozgov can help mitigate Love's defensive shortcomings and that Bron and Kyrie can find a happy balance with Kevin on offense.

It pains me greatly to say this. But, Tristan might be a better fit if Kyrie is intent to be the clear cut #2.

But...you can't send Love to the bench...you just can't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ Cavs fans thinking the Cavs actually wanted JR. Trust me if they could've gotten Shump without taking back JR or trading Waiters it would have been done.

:omg:

Shump was a gift for simply taking JR's deal.

Did someone actually say otherwise?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

JR totally fits the role the Cavs tried to force Waiters into. As long as he can keep his head out of his ass and Shump can get healthy, the Cavs addressed two pressing needs.

I really hope Mozgov can help mitigate Love's defensive shortcomings and that Bron and Kyrie can find a happy balance with Kevin on offense.

It pains me greatly to say this. But, Tristan might be a better fit if Kyrie is intent to be the clear cut #2.

But...you can't send Love to the bench...you just can't.

That would be a first.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard? Cleveland is a magical where players all live in harmony and will ride to the championship on unicorns and rainbows while singing Kumbaya.

That's why they're running away with the East and well on their way to 70 wins.:lol:

Harsh:pound:....

In fairness, can you blame them for going all in?

This is what happens when one guy holds the Organization hostage:noidea:

Thunder Dan made his bed by giving Lebron an opt-out.

But, that is not even the worst of it...imo.

If they don't turn it around, and fast, they will have given Andrew Wiggins away for a 1 year rental.

Kevin Love will not stay on a Team, and be marginalized by Kyrie, if he;s not winning Championships.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think he's very talented.

But, I don't consider him to be top 10 because he is oft-injured.

I'm talking when he's playing. He anchors the #1 defense that alone means he's very talented

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a first.

Like you said, he is who he is.

I am shocked that they would risk bringing him into that locker room.

But, this might explain it?

Lebron is a terrible GM:whistle:

Chris Haynes: LeBron James and J.R. Smith have a solid relationship dating back to high school. Smith used to train with James in Akron over summers. Twitter @ChrisBHaynes

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking when he's playing. He anchors the #1 defense that alone means he's very talented

No one has claimed that Bogut isn't talented. We are claiming that he can't stay healthy. He could be better offensively than Kareem, better defensively than Dwight and it doesn't matter if he's not on the court.

It's not his fault and he certainly isn't the first big to have a promising career de-railed by injury. But you act like he's always been healthy and people are just hating on him because he just got injured for the first time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, DJ has a point. As of now, Waiters is just a younger version of JR. The difference is that Waiters is young enough that he can actually learn. JR isn't going to change. No question JR has talent, but it's been the same with him everywhere he's gone. Why would he suddenly change because he's in Cleveland?

Did you even read my post?

What does Jr Smith "need to learn"? Did he not win a 6th man of the year award and embrace a bench role?

All Smith has to do is the EXACT SAME THING that he has done in the past.

Dion needs to realize he is not a leading man on a good NBA team- he needs to learn to get along with BOTH teammates and coaches-and he needs to learn how to embrace a bench role

Jr Smith only has to do what he has already proven he can do to make significant contributions to the Cavs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has claimed that Bogut isn't talented. We are claiming that he can't stay healthy. He could be better offensively than Kareem, better defensively than Dwight and it doesn't matter if he's not on the court.

It's not his fault and he certainly isn't the first big to have a promising career de-railed by injury. But you act like he's always been healthy and people are just hating on him because he just got injured for the first time.

No, I'm not acting like he's healthy. It's the same thing when chipper jones was healthy for the braves. He was one of the top 3rd basemens

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read my post?

What does Jr Smith "need to learn"? Did he not win a 6th man of the year award and embrace a bench role?

All Smith has to do is the EXACT SAME THING that he has done in the past.

Dion needs to realize he is not a leading man on a good NBA team- he needs to learn to get along with BOTH teammates and coaches-

Jr Smith only has to do what he has already proven he can do to make significant contributions to the Cavs.

Have you read anyone's posts? JR Smith is an idiot and locker room cancer. He's battled with coaches that bring a lot more to the table than Blatt. What makes you think he will respect Blatt when he hasn't more accomplished NBA coaches?

Also, Smith has played what? 2 games as a Cav and you think he's already proven something?

When the Cavs were forced to take him to get the player they actually wanted, that should tell you all that you need to know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not acting like he's healthy. It's the same thing when chipper jones was healthy for the braves. He was one of the top 3rd basemens

Except Chipper was healthy more than Bogut. What you don't seem to grasp is that Bogut could be the greatest center that ever played the game, but it means nothing if he isn't on the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus- Smith has gotten his pay days- made his money- and is an established NBA guy- when guys get to be his age they are MUCH more likely to put aside individual goals to get to a place where they have not been- a championship

it could be literally YEARS before Dion finally accepts the role where he is of the most benefit to the team.

I would like to see either Trojan or DJ make an argument that Dion is the better fit for the Cavs over Smith....that would be entertaining.

I mean if dion "learns" is not his ideal outcome winning a 6th man of the year award?- something Smith HAS on his resume (not too mention playoff experience, and better outside shooting)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Chipper was healthy more than Bogut. What you don't seem to grasp is that Bogut could be the greatest center that ever played the game, but it means nothing if he isn't on the court.

That's not what I was arguing though. Talent wise I was arguing that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read anyone's posts? JR Smith is an idiot and locker room cancer. He's battled with coaches that bring a lot more to the table than Blatt. What makes you think he will respect Blatt when he hasn't more accomplished NBA coaches?

Also, Smith has played what? 2 games as a Cav and you think he's already proven something?

When the Cavs were forced to take him to get the player they actually wanted, that should tell you all that you need to know.

I never said he will respect Blatt- on multiple occasions i said that he has had problems with coaches.

HOWEVER unlike Dion- he actually is respected and gets along with teammates- instead of pouting about his bench role, not getting along with the coach, and not getting along with teammates like Dion has exhibited.

Smith has played 2 games with the Cavs- but in those 2 games he already had a better night than Dion did all season- and Smith has PROVEN he can be an EXTREMELY valuable bench player-

I mean- do you think he got the 6th man of the year award and was one of the best Knicks on a team that got the 2nd seed because he was unmanageable and wrecked the team?

No- OBVIOUSLY not- he got the 6th man of the year award because when he actually played on a solid team- he accepted his role- and flourished in it.

he has PROVEN he can embrace and flourish in a bench role.

that is positively indisputable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus- Smith has gotten his pay days- made his money- and is an established NBA guy- when guys get to be his age they are MUCH more likely to put aside individual goals to get to a place where they have not been- a championship

it could be literally YEARS before Dion finally accepts the role where he is of the most benefit to the team.

I would like to see either Trojan or DJ make an argument that Dion is the better fit for the Cavs over Smith....that would be entertaining.

I mean if dion "learns" is not his ideal outcome winning a 6th man of the year award?- something Smith HAS on his resume (not too mention playoff experience, and better outside shooting)

The only thing that JR has proven himself to be is a locker room problem. The Knicks didn't give him to the Cavs out of the kindness of their hearts. They wanted to get rid of him so they made the Cavs take him to get the guy they wanted. If not for that, he would still be a Knick.

At least with Waiters, he is young enough to learn a different role and clean up his attitude.