• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving to Dallas in two weeks need help

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Can anyone suggest to me a few good apartments, high rise, mid rise, townhome with a 12 month lease or so until I get to know the area before making a purchase. I will have to travel to Plano to work so I'd like to keep travel time down to 30 mins or so. I really appreciate any suggestions.

2.) Am 31 now, single, no kids, and like to have fun so an area that provides that is a plus.

3.) PDay you owe me a beer when I move up there.....and any other member that is still here through the years from the ESPN boards would love to grab a brew with.

4.) Thanks again for any advice.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Can anyone suggest to me a few good apartments, high rise, mid rise, townhome with a 12 month lease or so until I get to know the area before making a purchase. I will have to travel to Plano to work so I'd like to keep travel time down to 30 mins or so. I really appreciate any suggestions.

2.) Am 31 now, single, no kids, and like to have fun so an area that provides that is a plus.

3.) PDay you owe me a beer when I move up there.....and any other member that is still here through the years from the ESPN boards would love to grab a brew with.

Congrats on the move, Big D is an awesome city

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

check the addison area. Dallas Tollway and belt line rd

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check the addison area. Dallas Tollway and belt line rd

Also a little further north on the tollway in Plano. Off Legacy I think. Apartments in a shopping area with night life as well. Close to the corporate offices and easy access to the tollway to get into Dallas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks huskers and jeep. Would any of you suggest the downtown, uptown, design district area?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of apartments in the Shops at Legacy area in Plano (Legacy/Tollway). A bit pricey but a great place with so many restaurants and bars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of apartments in the Shops at Legacy area in Plano (Legacy/Tollway). A bit pricey but a great place with so many restaurants and bars.

Thanks Heat. I don't mind the price as long as it is worth it, I'd like a high rise or mid rise over an apartment, do they have any in the Legacy area?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets the uptown or downtown for the nightlife would suit you living wise but the commute up the tollway to Plano would be a major hassle 1 hour minimum each way in rush hour. your better off living in the Plano or Allen area. And commuting to the night life.
Not a lot of midrise in that area but some. Oh and just so you understand you HAVE to have a car and a TOLL TAG to live in Dallas. Public transit has came a long way but it's not like NY or Chicago in that respect.

Congrats on Moving to Dallas been here since 1977 and could not imagine living anywhere else except a shack on the beach in paradise :).

let me know when you get here I'll buy you a beer :suds: and tell you my opinion on the best BBQ or street tacos in the City

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFSdj1J5Vw[/ame]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets the uptown or downtown for the nightlife would suit you living wise but the commute up the tollway to Plano would be a major hassle 1 hour minimum each way in rush hour. your better off living in the Plano or Allen area. And commuting to the night life.
Not a lot of midrise in that area but some. Oh and just so you understand you HAVE to have a car and a TOLL TAG to live in Dallas. Public transit has came a long way but it's not like NY or Chicago in that respect.

Congrats on Moving to Dallas been here since 1977 and could not imagine living anywhere else except a shack on the beach in paradise :).

let me know when you get here I'll buy you a beer :suds: and tell you my opinion on the best BBQ or street tacos in the City

Thanks bro I appreciate it. I am looking the shops at legacy area now. I think I can manage there a year. I have a tag from Houston that should work out in Dallas so I should be good on that end, need to make sure it has money on it though lol.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the times I've been in Dallas I noticed high rise condos going up downtown. Dallas reminds me of Phoenix. Its all personal preference but I hate owning. Id like to buy a high rise condo in a major city cause I can't stand how boring west coast suburbs are. Boring, nothing but the same type of people all around. Downtown you can walk everywhere and there's more diversity. The only issue with high rise ownership is the usually inflated HOA fees. Good luck with the move. Hopefully you can land some affordable season tickets. Sell the prime time matchup games to help lower the costs of season tix.

By the way, does Jerrah-World have the seat buying prices. Can't remember the word but I mean buying the rights to the seats before you actually pay for the tickets. Those can be outrageous and some teams offer 30 year payoffs for seating rights. That's just insane!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved here in June. It was hard to find a place and the real estate market is crazy. Keep looking for what you want - you will find something.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Heat. I don't mind the price as long as it is worth it, I'd like a high rise or mid rise over an apartment, do they have any in the Legacy area?

Sorry, didn't see this reply. They don't have high rises or even mid rise. To the best of my knowledge I think they typically run about 5 floors high in the area. If you literally want to roll out your door to a bar or restaurant, it's a good place.

The Dallas Uptown area is really booming and also a good location but you will definitely pay a high premium for those rents.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the times I've been in Dallas I noticed high rise condos going up downtown. Dallas reminds me of Phoenix. Its all personal preference but I hate owning. Id like to buy a high rise condo in a major city cause I can't stand how boring west coast suburbs are. Boring, nothing but the same type of people all around. Downtown you can walk everywhere and there's more diversity. The only issue with high rise ownership is the usually inflated HOA fees. Good luck with the move. Hopefully you can land some affordable season tickets. Sell the prime time matchup games to help lower the costs of season tix.

By the way, does Jerrah-World have the seat buying prices. Can't remember the word but I mean buying the rights to the seats before you actually pay for the tickets. Those can be outrageous and some teams offer 30 year payoffs for seating rights. That's just insane!

Thanks bro, I have several friends and clients that work with the Cowboys that will give me free tickets as my schedule permits. I am looking forward to this new journey in my life.:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved here in June. It was hard to find a place and the real estate market is crazy. Keep looking for what you want - you will find something.

Thanks, I found a few places so far. I think onedallascenter.com has the lead so far with jeffersoncenterapts.com a close second due to location being near my job. Also AMLI at the ball park may get a look as it is right over on of the local the ballparks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't see this reply. They don't have high rises or even mid rise. To the best of my knowledge I think they typically run about 5 floors high in the area. If you literally want to roll out your door to a bar or restaurant, it's a good place.

The Dallas Uptown area is really booming and also a good location but you will definitely pay a high premium for those rents.

I see that bro. dallasonecenter.com are the only highrises I am looking at now at this point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I found a few places so far. I think onedallascenter.com has the lead so far with jeffersoncenterapts.com a close second due to location being near my job. Also AMLI at the ball park may get a look as it is right over on of the local the ballparks.

Wow, I read that quick and thought it was called Jefferson Center rapists...I was like who the f would move there

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PSL - Personal Seat License?

Personal preference of course, but why prefer renting? I'm thinking teacher is a pretty stable job and with kids you wouldn't likely want to move much. I not a fan of renting in general mostly because I lose my tax write offs. Of course I'd imagine you can rent an amazing place in AZ for much less than what I would have to pay so that comes into play too.