• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why college football's 2017 National Champions continue to roll

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few defenses I’ve watched last year that looked as bad as OU’s. Of the course UCF is a playing against trash opponents, but still looked just as lost.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF has been the most talk about topic in CFB for years.

I really don't care what tshirt bandwagoners think is or isn't important. That doesn't effect UCFs Rise to Dominance.

#UCFacts

According to @AlaskaGuy , that distinction belongs to Nebraska.
Athlon said so.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP has a point. The UCF program has been so bad this is all they have...being a fake national champion. I guess it gives the program hope so they can finally play a big boy schedule and get into a Power 5 conference. If they never join a P5 they will be the same old program that really is just there.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people are expecting Nebraska to pull a UCF. Hence the talk and Heup.

#UCFacts

If Nebraska does it, they will be 15-0

B1G difference.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP has a point. The UCF program has been so bad this is all they have...being a fake national champion. I guess it gives the program hope so they can finally play a big boy schedule and get into a Power 5 conference. If they never join a P5 they will be the same old program that really is just there.

It ain't UCFake. I got the t-shirt.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF has been the most talk about topic in CFB for years.

I really don't care what tshirt bandwagoners think is or isn't important. That doesn't effect UCFs Rise to Dominance.

#UCFacts
years?
i mean yeah people talked about them for years but not all of it was good
0-12 was talked about
Frost leaving was talked about
the most? na not so much

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crash back is gonna hurt a lot.

The funny part will be that they took a bench warmer for ND. And captain cum shot for the knights here will say one of two things

1. UCF does well with him : look how much better Heupel is at developing talent (when in reality the quality of opponents is trash compared to what he was playing against)

2. UCF does terrible with him and he is taken out : his record at ND was better than at UCF that proves wins are harder in the mid major conference. When in reality that QB isn’t all that good. And there was a reason he as benched in the first place even though he went 13-3 as a starter. But still had trouble scoring against mighty Ball St.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part will be that they took a bench warmer for ND. And captain cum shot for the knights here will say one of two things

1. UCF does well with him : look how much better Heupel is at developing talent (when in reality the quality of opponents is trash compared to what he was playing against)

2. UCF does terrible with him and he is taken out : his record at ND was better than at UCF that proves wins are harder in the mid major conference. When in reality that QB isn’t all that good. And there was a reason he as benched in the first place even though he went 13-3 as a starter. But still had trouble scoring against mighty Ball St.

We will definitely see which one it will be. Stay tuned.

I'm sure it will be one the most talked about subjects during this season.

#UCFacts

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must read for understanding UCF's Rise to Dominance.

"NEWPORT, R.I. – The remarkable moment that symbolizes just how much potential surrounds the UCF football program came at the most unremarkable time during Josh Heupel’s debut season.

As the Knights whipsawed through spring practice No. 3. at their trademark frenetic pace, Heupel looked around the field. UCF had 175 high school recruits on campus, 35 of whom were good enough to earn offers from the Knights.

The moment stuck with Heupel, as that number of talented players would be a significant showing for a junior day, spring game or a rivalry game at most schools. But at UCF, on a random weekday night, the talent on hand spoke volumes about the school’s boundless football program.

“That’s the first time I knew it was completely different,” Heupel told Yahoo Sports at American Athletic Conference media days. “It wasn’t a big event. This was just another day at the office for us. It’s completely different than anywhere I’ve been on the recruiting side.”

The image is a fitting one, as UCF has harnessed as much momentum as any program in college football not named Clemson the past two seasons. Through their undefeated National Championship season under Scott Frost in 2017, back-to-back AAC championships and a 25-game winning streak, UCF has revealed the full throes of its potential.

2718f6e0-a823-11e9-bb99-0c044cd7b8c9

“We’re going to build a monster in Orlando at UCF, and we’re going to be a major player in college football,” UCF athletic director Danny White said in a phone interview this week. “Whatever college football looks like.”

UCF’s 25-game win streak was snapped on Jan. 1, and the fact that it was so widely celebrated was perhaps the highest compliment to the caliber of the program’s emergence as a high-end provocateur. To grasp how far UCF has streaked the past two seasons, consider their previous loss came to Arkansas State, 31-13, in December of 2016. Hardly anyone outside Jonesboro, Arkansas, rejoiced as the Knights finished 6-7 in Scott Frost’s first season.

Since that point, UCF averaged more than 47 points per game, beat four ranked teams and delivered a signature victory by depantsing Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Along that sun-kissed ride, an identity emerged of a program with electric tempo, high-end athletes and a raucous home environment – aka the Bounce House – playing host. UCF had prior success, including beating Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl following the 2013 season, but it’d never managed to simultaneously forge such an indelible identity on and off the field. “I don’t think there’s any question,” said AAC commissioner Mike Aresco, “that UCF is cemented as a national brand.”

Perhaps the most under-appreciated part in UCF’s run is that Heupel continued it seamlessly last season. He went 12-0 in the regular season, won the conference championship and lost a one-score game to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl in the wake of the catastrophic injury to star quarterback McKenzie Milton. “I think the job he took over was one of the hardest in the history of college football,” White said.

Heupel is a plain-spoken son of a coach from South Dakota, more sensible than flashy and trends toward pragmatic over promotion. But he’s quickly come to appreciate the power and potential at UCF: “Everything is in place here to be everything that you want it to be.”

Any conversation with a UCF official or coach doubles as a local chamber of commerce pep talk. White mentioned that Orlando is the largest city in the country without an NFL team and one of the fastest-growing cities in the country in terms of population and job growth. UCF is also one of the fasting growing universities in the country. All that growth, combined with the surrounding talent that Heupel found at spring practice No. 3, also allows UCF to lead the country in athletic department optimism. “To me,” Heupel said, “it’s inevitable that we become a top 10, top 15 collegiate athletic program.”

Why college football's 2017 'national champions' continue to roll

#UCFacts

If you had been in any of the power conferences, you would have had at least 2 losses.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will definitely see which one it will be. Stay tuned.

I'm sure it will be one the most talked about subjects during this season.

#UCFacts

Doesn’t matter what you see. He is a second rate QB that is only good at throwing 50/50 balls and running for a couple yards. The O line he had made him better. Along with a couple legit RB and WR threats

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter what you see. He is a second rate QB that is only good at throwing 50/50 balls and running for a couple yards. The O line he had made him better. Along with a couple legit RB and WR threats

Good news! Because wont find a better oline, WR Corp, and clown car of RBs than at UCF.

We just need a QB who can take care of the ball and get a couple 1st downs on their own.

#UCFacts

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re still looking, right?

Yep, we still have 3 QBs UCFighting for the starters role.

And don't sleep on Dillion. Just like how Mckinze Milton was the MM^2 of Marcus Maritoa, so too DG^3 be to MM^2.

Summer Practices will be so UCFreaking Epic! Can't wait.

#UCFacts