• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on...Atlanta Falcons are next.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what they are going to do. You use your one tall CB (Fuller) on Jones I think, since Jones is a better and more physical receiver at this point and also less experienced than White. A crafty veteran like White is exactly the type that can probably exploit the rookie, all the more reason to put Fuller on Jones instead. But alternatively, they could simply plan to do more double coverage on Jones and use Fuller on White and hope it works out?

I'm really torn on whether they should blitz a lot or not. Heavily injured lines are particularly vulnerable to blitzing, and the Falcons don't have a genius TE or receiving back, so it seems like blitzing should be OK. But man if we could saturate the field with coverage, we could try to play jam/press the receivers more and hopefully get some sacks. I am sort of leaning towards using Fuller a lot to press White but less so for Jones. Then when he is on White just send a safety to his side in case White snakes him. I'd worry less about that with Jones and just take your chances. Gulp.

Gulp. Our tall CB is really 5'11.

I think thats why they are looking at McManus being a real 6'1.

Odds are they play safe, hopefully everyone plays the same defense, but odds are the linebackers will be back in coverage and not blitzing..

New nickel this week, Al Louis-Jean is 6'1. Isiah Frey played so bad last week he was cut.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought at the time of the draft that DLine, Linebackers, or even Safeties should have been the priority positions for round 1. I don't know how it would have turned out if we went any of those directions, but I am sure pleased with Fuller. Really didn't expect him to play this well this soon.

I was wanting adl or that when manz dropped to us possibly him,but after all said and done now,I reallylike Fuller.
never heard of him at the time and thought "whothe hell is that"...........:noidea:

but ts al orked out.:nod:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Hester is gonna be running out of bounds after fielding a punt this week. He is really throwing some jabs at the bears and cutler.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are more decimated by injuries than we are, particularly their offensive line and linebackers. Look Gabe Carimi is their starting right tackle! I haven't heard if Blalock is playing. But regardless we should blitz the Falcon right side mercilessly. I agree that Jones and White present a huge matchup problem for us...if we don't get a good pass rush it's going to be another loss.

I think Blalock is a go this week...he's been limited @ practice...surprising Carimi has not played badly until last week...everyone on the OL sucked in NY.

Sort of a quiet loss is Harry Douglas...Ryan had good chemistry with him with JJ & Roddy missing time LY...IMO, no one can handle Julio, but if CHI can slow him down...Roddy is not the same guy, Ryan will need the #3 WR to make some plays.

The Falcons D always play a little better @ home and my reason for picking ATL in a close one...watch out for #35...kid has some jets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw on PFT that Lance Briggs is out, Shea is out again, and Bostic is questionable. Christian Jones and Khaseem Greene... this is your opportunity to shine or tarnish.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Losing Briggs now too!? I saw he had a rib injury, (I think it was?) Wonder if that happened when Newton laid him out? :pout:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Losing Briggs now too!? I saw he had a rib injury, (I think it was?) Wonder if that happened when Newton laid him out? :pout:

I was listening to the radio yesterday, said wednesdays practice was Jones, Greene and Barry Minter. Dont know who the dirt bags were suggesting he was. Only 7 on the active roster and three are out. DJ might be precautionary.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the radio yesterday, said wednesdays practice was Jones, Greene and Barry Minter. Dont know who the dirt bags were suggesting he was. Only 7 on the active roster and three are out. DJ might be precautionary.

Barry Minter??? What's wrong with Rico McDonald?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barry Minter??? What's wrong with Rico McDonald?

Spit out my soda on that one.... Barry Minter is 44 years old for shit's sake.

Well played TOB.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our defense as banged up as is this is...this is looking more and more like a HUGE shoot out game. The offense needs to score 35+ just to stay even. This could get ugly.
When are we going to have a week where nobody is injured? What's the cause?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spit out my soda on that one.... Barry Minter is 44 years old for shit's sake.

Well played TOB.

LOL... the guy probably would get winded watching a game. Then again, I get winded watching people walk their dogs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Hester is gonna be running out of bounds after fielding a punt this week. He is really throwing some jabs at the bears and cutler.

Yeah, but do you guys remember when Hester would press and try to do to much in the past? It generally worked out well for the opposition, and not so well for Hester.

I'm not buying into this; "Devin's going to shred us a new asshole" hype.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ran one back, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he we saw him spin around 3 times while changing directions, only to lose 10 yards on a return. Nor would I be shocked if he muffed one.

It sucks… I really loved him so much as a player, and still root for the guy. So many of my favorite recent Bears memories are directly from him. But he sure has made a bit of a dick of himself over this week. Not a fan of the way he handled this situation.

C

cubzzzfanincali

When are we going to have a week where nobody is injured? What's the cause?

uh...maybe because it is the...ummm...NFL? In case you haven't noticed, significant injuries are reported by most weeks in most years in the NFL to most teams most of the time. Waiting for an injury free week is like expecting to win ten hands in a row at blackjack. I mean...yeah...it can and rarely does happen...but almost never.

Blaming injuries is a pathetic excuse. It makes me sick seeing people trying to do that. The 2014 Bears are not seeing an especially unusual amount of injury, I'd advise you to take off your fucking homer glasses.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but do you guys remember when Hester would press and try to do to much in the past? It generally worked out well for the opposition, and not so well for Hester.

I'm not buying into this; "Devin's going to shred us a new asshole" hype.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ran one back, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he we saw him spin around 3 times while changing directions, only to lose 10 yards on a return. Nor would I be shocked if he muffed one.

It sucks… I really loved him so much as a player, and still root for the guy. So many of my favorite recent Bears memories are directly from him. But he sure has made a bit of a dick of himself over this week. Not a fan of the way he handled this situation.

Alot of people wanted the bears on that HBO show to see behind the scenes. When we get a behind the scenes view from a player that was here we dont like it. Has he been a thug thru his career? sure. Is he stupid? most probably, so you dont have a encyclopedia playbook to utilize his talent. But is he being a dick because he is telling you what happened here or because you are realizing how this organization operated with an elite player. That douche Haugh on the game says that Hester said he did not want any part of this team if Cutler was the QB. Thats why Hester did not get a phone call. Thats because Cutler did not throw him the ball that would have had a shot at a 10 million dollar bonus. Hester showed better hands as a receiver, but it was how Cutler throws the ball, two feet in front where he has to dive, or two feet over the head where you leap and get hit. Hesters getting a ball is stride is different than needing to make a circus catch and get hit. Thats not how cutler plays.

Somehow they could not pay 10 million for just a kick returner, so they worded it as bonus and a 4 year contract that ended up paying him 4/30. 7.5 a year. A phone call could have kept him here for 3 and we would not be starting from the 12-15 if the runner brought the kickoff out or the 20 if he didnt.

In a way, Hester gave us first hand knowledge of what the "haters" believe, so he is being a dick like us.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh...maybe because it is the...ummm...NFL? In case you haven't noticed, significant injuries are reported by most weeks in most years in the NFL to most teams most of the time. Waiting for an injury free week is like expecting to win ten hands in a row at blackjack. I mean...yeah...it can and rarely does happen...but almost never.

Blaming injuries is a pathetic excuse. It makes me sick seeing people trying to do that. The 2014 Bears are not seeing an especially unusual amount of injury, I'd advise you to take off your fucking homer glasses.

The problem is the amount of injuries to starters, c'mon name me another NFL team that has had as many starters go out with injuries. We have had 4 starting O lineman out, 2 starting D lineman out, lost our starting CB, lost our starting Safety, lost three starting LBers, well two starters and one replacement, the Bears are now bringing LB's off the street. We have had other CB's go down to the point we were using a Safety at the Nickle Back position for the last quarter of a game and have and are now bringing in DB's off the street. Seriously, I thought we had it bad last year, this year is worse. Marshall has played hurt, AJ was out a game and had to play hurt to recover. So I disagree with you, we are seeing an unusual amount of injuries. To compound all of this, it is looking as if one of our off season pick ups is a complete bust, Houston.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. you can also blame injuries on schemes, conditioning, nutrition. Last year DJ Williams tore a pectoral muscle making a tackle. That was what you can consider an expected but rare NFL injury. Conte concussing himself week after week, two lineman basically run into each other on the same play and both get hurt, sometimes you need to look past the freak injury blame and look a little deeper, this being two years in a row we are at week two and signing guys that were cut. Most teams would have had second to fourth round picks waiting in the wings, not us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of people wanted the bears on that HBO show to see behind the scenes. When we get a behind the scenes view from a player that was here we dont like it. Has he been a thug thru his career? sure. Is he stupid? most probably, so you dont have a encyclopedia playbook to utilize his talent. But is he being a dick because he is telling you what happened here or because you are realizing how this organization operated with an elite player. That douche Haugh on the game says that Hester said he did not want any part of this team if Cutler was the QB. Thats why Hester did not get a phone call. Thats because Cutler did not throw him the ball that would have had a shot at a 10 million dollar bonus. Hester showed better hands as a receiver, but it was how Cutler throws the ball, two feet in front where he has to dive, or two feet over the head where you leap and get hit. Hesters getting a ball is stride is different than needing to make a circus catch and get hit. Thats not how cutler plays.

Somehow they could not pay 10 million for just a kick returner, so they worded it as bonus and a 4 year contract that ended up paying him 4/30. 7.5 a year. A phone call could have kept him here for 3 and we would not be starting from the 12-15 if the runner brought the kickoff out or the 20 if he didnt.

In a way, Hester gave us first hand knowledge of what the "haters" believe, so he is being a dick like us.

Your analysis of Cutler being a QB who hangs his receivers out to dry is just… strange.

Cutler does not have a history of WR's who have been hurt due to being hung out for big hits.

Hester didn't like Cutler because Jay was hard on him, period. Hester consistently ran wrong routes. He was a dumb, dumb WR. This is a well known fact. Jay would stay on his ass for it. Hester did not like that.

It's that simple.

And if you think Hester not being here has made the difference in this teams three losses, I don't think you're watching the same games as I am. This team needed to spend on defense. Not on a 30 plus year old return man, that didn't have another position. Who is, and was also past his prime.

Hester has one run back on a punt return that was blocked perfectly. Good for him. He also has a couple of scores on reverses, and screen plays.

He really hasn't been anything all that special in Atlanta, and if you think he was worth the cash… well… I pity you.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester didn't like Cutler because Jay was hard on him, period. Hester consistently ran wrong routes. He was a dumb, dumb WR. This is a well known fact. Jay would stay on his ass for it. Hester did not like that.

One thing you can say about Jay, if Jay doesn't trust a Wr, he doesn't throw to him, period. He could be the primary, the secondary, the check down, it doesn't matter. If Jay doesn't trust him, he won't toss the ball to him. That's my take on Jay as a Bear, he would rather toss a forced ball to a covered Wr than throw to a Wr who's uncertain about.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Hester isn't a good target for Jay because he's not 6'5" with a gigantic wing-span.....as demonstrated last game with Santonio Holmes. Jay threw it right over his head for an INT. If Santonio Holmes was 6'5" he would have caught that ball.

Jay needs gigantic targets.