• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts and observations on today's game

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, this was a good win for us. Not great and not without its flaws and miscues, but nonetheless a good win under sloppy conditions at Soldier Field today. The defense seemed to regain its aggressiveness, and the players on that side of the ball for the most part stuck to their assignments. I sense the objective was to shut down the run game and force Darnold to win this one in the air. I'd say mission accomplished. Overall grade: A-

The offense got off to a slow start and was really quite mediocre in the 1st half. The halftime adjustments from Nagy and the O staff paid off, as they were much more consistent and did a better job of moving the chains and controlling the game against a Jets defense that's better than some give them credit for. Overall grade: B-, with a C in the first half and B+ in the second half.

The STs did nothing horrible, but nothing great either, yet certainly way, way better than their horrendous performance from last week. Parkey's missed FG early in the game was bad and reminds us all yet again of the poor decision the Bears made in going cheapskate to let Robbie Gould walk. O'Donnell is having a solid season. Overall grade: B

Trubisky, like the offense overall, was a tale of two halves. In the 1st half, he had trouble hitting his targets, sometimes in fairness due to the conditions, but other times simply missing his receivers. Again, his legs were used to get him out of trouble. However, that screen pass to Cohen for a 70 yard TD was a thing of beauty. I thought Mitch made the requisite adjustments in the 2nd half, with his passes being much crisper and on target I liked what I saw from Anthony Miller. He is getting more and more infused into the team's offense. Howard played better today and had a few key runs, including one for a TD. But I still believe he's playing in his last season as a Bear. I wish we could have seen more plays involving Burton.

It's hard to single out a particular player on defense, they all played pretty well. I think if I had to give a singular game ball, it would go to Bryce Callahan. I think he's easily a top 3 nickelback in this league. Bilal Nichols continues to impress in limited action. Hicks was his usual stud self, the man is a true force.

Amazing that we only committed two penalties today and one offsetter. The offsetter and defensive penalty were costly and worse yet, completely unnecessary. Long committed the offsetter, which not only negated a 20 yard reception to Kevin White, there was also a roughing the passer penalty on the Jets as well. That made his transgression a 35 yard mistake. Eddie Jackson's penalty even worse. His very stupid decision to hit a defenseless receiver on an already incomplete pass that would have forced the Jets to punt, instead gave them new life, which eventually resulted in their only TD.

On to Buffalo, let's make it 5-3.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson's penalty got me very nervous. With the way our other 3 losses came, I thought that might be how NYJ kick started their comeback.

Glad we picked up where we left off after that drive.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, Jackson has had a really good season and assuming he continues to play at his present level, should be on the short list for PB consideration. But that was easily the dumbest play he's made this year, maybe even since joining the Bears.