• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bringing Back a 2018 Rallying Cry: "The Next Three" (The Sequel)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference:

The Next Three

The 'New' Next Three

Last year, we suffered a pair of tough losses in the final moments of games back-to-back at MIA and vs NE. It was a tumultuous time on this board. There were clear emerging positives, but a lot of divide on just how positive we should be after letting two games slip right through our fingertips.

Then, the top thread cited above was made crying out for three straight wins vs a favorable part of the schedule and the team got HOT.

Hell, LSD even made a second "Next Three" thread when the time called for it and we won all of those too! Everything really seemed to fall into place. We won our next 5 games and 8 out of our last 9 to finish the regular season. Our only loss coming from a Chase Daniel start in New York.

I am here to proclaim, gentlemen, that history shall repeat itself!

at WSH
vs MIN
(London) OAK

I pondered making this the "Next Four" with a "Drew Brees-less" NO team coming to town after our bye. However, I decided not to mess with the success we had last year. Plus, I feel that the bye week makes "the next three" an appropriate cut-off point once again.

Washington and Oakland are teams we absolutely should beat. IMO. Minnesota on the surface looks somewhat difficult. However, to me... that's a game you absolutely have to win. At home vs a divisional opponent that has only won twice at Soldier Field since 2000. With a QB that struggles mightily to win vs winning teams, on the road and against top defenses. We have all three. Kirk looked exactly how you would expect at GB on Sunday. We made him look foolish twice last season and I expect the same ole story from that guy.

But first thing is first... let's take care of business Monday evening. Or else this thread is going to look quite comical on my part.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested when we get our 4th touchdown than when we get our 4th win at the moment.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested when we get our 4th touchdown than when we get our 4th win at the moment.

We'll get our 4th touchdown on Monday Night. Our 4th win in London vs Oakland.

There... now you know.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There... now you know.

Well...You gave us 27 in week 1 and 21 in week 2...so 6 TD's between the 2 games and we only have 1 TD. You're rule of three'ing us richi. So you better just go with 9 TD's this Monday with your prediction so we get there.

If a guy tells you how many girls he's hooked up with, it's not even close to that. You take that number and divide it by three, then you get the real total. OK, so if Kevin is saying it's been three girls it's more like one or none.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...You gave us 27 in week 1 and 21 in week 2...so 6 TD's between the 2 games and we only have 1 TD. You're rule of three'ing us richi. So you better just go with 9 TD's this Monday with your prediction so we get there.

If a guy tells you how many girls he's hooked up with, it's not even close to that. You take that number and divide it by three, then you get the real total. OK, so if Kevin is saying it's been three girls it's more like one or none.

Eh. I was only 5 points off vs Denver. If I'm 5 points off again Monday - we still have a shot at 3 TD's.

And dividing by 3 might be a little much. I would say half it or 2/3's depending on the guy. For girls, I typically multiply x2. Again, it all depends, though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There... now you know.

We got our 4th touchdown... we got the win.

One down, two to go.

Don't fuck with me in these "next three" threads, Jiddy. I own em.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got our 4th touchdown... we got the win.

One down, two to go.

Don't fuck with me in these "next three" threads, Jiddy. I own em.

Don't genius us...The Vikings game is going to be tough.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't genius us...The Vikings game is going to be tough.

You mean the team that can't beat ANYONE with a good defense? With the QB who can't beat winning teams? Much less a winning team with the league's best D and on the road in a place where they've won 3 times since 2000.

Kirk looks hopeless against a good pass rush.

Minnesota's only prayer begins with Hicks being out and Cook runs wild.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the team that can't beat ANYONE with a good defense? With the QB who can't beat winning teams? Much less a winning team with the league's best D and on the road in a place where they've won 3 times since 2000.

I saw the Packers beat us at home only scoring 10 points...Minny's defense is better...I basically see it as if we lose the turnovers leading to points battle, we're in trouble.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Packers beat us at home only scoring 10 points...Minny's defense is better...I basically see it as if we lose the turnovers leading to points battle, we're in trouble.

I don't know if their D is better than GB. It appears to be pretty close.

We swept them without even breaking a sweat in either game last year. They dominated Trubisky in that first game and we still won that without much trouble.

Any game you score 3 points is far more likely to have been a fluke, than the norm. Especially seeing as it was Week 1.

The big difference between Kirk and Rodgers (even if the D's are the same) is that we're going to force at least a couple Kirk turnovers and have short fields. That's one thing Rodgers didn't and doesn't do.

Look, nothing is a lock or a guarantee. However, some things would REALLY have to go haywire for us to lose this one. Cook would have to just have a damn field day.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's QB is no Aaron Rodgers. Granted Minny has better receivers, but they over paid for Cousins. I'll take the Bears chances v. Cooks.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if their D is better than GB. It appears to be pretty close.

We swept them without even breaking a sweat in either game last year. They dominated Trubisky in that first game and we still won that without much trouble.

Any game you score 3 points is far more likely to have been a fluke, than the norm. Especially seeing as it was Week 1.

The big difference between Kirk and Rodgers (even if the D's are the same) is that we're going to force at least a couple Kirk turnovers and have short fields. That's one thing Rodgers didn't and doesn't do.

Look, nothing is a lock or a guarantee. However, some things would REALLY have to go haywire for us to lose this one. Cook would have to just have a damn field day.

If Green Bay's defense is as good or better than Minny's when it is all said and done, then they probably have the division this year. So I hope you're wrong.

I mean, I always expect us to win at home because we're good. But as we've seen it for a couple decades now with our own team: Teams with strong defenses and suspect offenses play down to the opponent even when given advantages such as home field. If Minny converts a turnover into points and creates momentum where their defense is shutting us down-this game could go horribly wrong. I mean, do I think we'll crush Cousins? Yes. But that's only one facet of the game and we've more than proven that we can throw up multiple consecutive quarters of sh*t play on offense.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling great about this game against the Vikings. Not too worried about our defense being able to limit them offensively but how can you trust this offense to score more than 14 points against a really good NFL defense right now?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling great about this game against the Vikings. Not too worried about our defense being able to limit them offensively but how can you trust this offense to score more than 14 points against a really good NFL defense right now?

Minnesota is ranked 12th overall, 11th in passing and 13th in rushing.

Their run D is pretty middling as a whole. This is a good defense, but not a dominant one.

Last year Minnesota scored 10 and 20 against us. With the 20 coming on a late garbage time TD. They posted 13 prior to that. 14-17 points may be all we need.

I think we run the ball efficiently, post 20-23 points and get out with a win. So long as Hicks is healthy - it's hard for me to envision Minnesota scoring multiple TD's.

We will have a couple of short fields courtesy of Kirk Cousins and our defense.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is ranked 12th overall, 11th in passing and 13th in rushing.

Their run D is pretty middling as a whole. This is a good defense, but not a dominant one.

Last year Minnesota scored 10 and 20 against us. With the 20 coming on a late garbage time TD. They posted 13 prior to that. 14-17 points may be all we need.

I think we run the ball efficiently, post 20-23 points and get out with a win. So long as Hicks is healthy - it's hard for me to envision Minnesota scoring multiple TD's.

I hope so but we'll see. Hopefully the offense can keep some mojo going after that first half on Monday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so but we'll see. Hopefully the offense can keep some mojo going after that first half on Monday.

Yeah, we have to make a commitment to Montgomery on Sunday. We also have to find away to get Mitch out of the pocket. It's unfortunate but when he's in the pocket it's just "lock onto the first read, straight to check down if it's not open". We can't give up (yet) on his progress. However, we do have to play to where his strengths are right now. Which is improvising and rolling out.

This is an important game after dropping the GB opener. 0-2 in the division with both at home? That would not be good. I think we would get back to 3-2 with Oakland up next... but we would have to be damn near perfect in the division from here on out to have a shot at retaining the North crown. Otherwise, it's wild card scenarios.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green Bay's defense is as good or better than Minny's when it is all said and done, then they probably have the division this year. So I hope you're wrong.

I mean, I always expect us to win at home because we're good. But as we've seen it for a couple decades now with our own team: Teams with strong defenses and suspect offenses play down to the opponent even when given advantages such as home field. If Minny converts a turnover into points and creates momentum where their defense is shutting us down-this game could go horribly wrong. I mean, do I think we'll crush Cousins? Yes. But that's only one facet of the game and we've more than proven that we can throw up multiple consecutive quarters of sh*t play on offense.

Well, us being 2nd in point differential last season refutes the bolded point pretty strongly.

Two down, one to go.

I told em I own these threads baby! They don't listen! They don't want to know!

The "Next Three!"... Let's go!

There... now you know.

Oh, it's coming! It's coming Jiddy baby! You feel that!? Do you fucking FEEL THAT BIG GUY!

Another year and another "Next Three" sweep! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH... Dey gon go and put me in da hall of fame 4 dis one!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, us being 2nd in point differential last season refutes the bolded point pretty strongly.

Two down, one to go.

Oh, it's coming! It's coming Jiddy baby! You feel that!? Do you fucking FEEL THAT BIG GUY!

Another year and another "Next Three" sweep! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH... Dey gon go and put me in da hall of fame 4 dis one!

You really went here after changing your score prediction to a Vikings win in the game thread?!? LOL. *heart richi*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two down, one to go.

We protected the ball...That was enough tbh. Chase did a good job. I owe him an apology because he did exactly what a backup should do and I commend him for that. Makes up for losing us the Giants game in the first minute.