• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on...Atlanta Falcons are next.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports radio is calling for a linebacker controversey, simple answer, it was only the falcons.

Really? great receiving tandem, 4 headed running back, led the league in points over the first 5 games.

As soon as DJ and Briggs are healthy they will be in the lineup. Hope they step up their game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup LBs played great, but it all starts up front. We are a different defense when Ratliff is in the fold.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Mundy flag is concerned...i was surprised too, but not because it SHOULD have been flagged, just because of the pussified league. Hit was clean, and they never shoulda thrown the flag to begin with.

Great job by the LBs and the DBs laying the wood from the opening whistle. Julio and Roddy wanted NOTHING to do yesterdays game. They wished they woke up with a terrible fever that morning and had to sit it out.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I argued about all our injuries and in the end, the kids, particularly the kid off the street, Sharpton, played well (I can't believe they had Sharpton calling the Defensive plays). Vareen's name wasn't called once (which is a good thing), when he came in for Conte (wonder how long he will be out now), Fuller did a great job, the other (5th & 6th) LB's behind Ratliff and Paea's performance in the middle, played real well. Who did we have playing Nickle, but he did a good job on Hester.

Say what you will, but the Atlanta Offense was top 5 in the league so far this year. Well done.

BTW: Think the Bears will have to pick up a Safety this week with Dixon and Conte out. Can't go into a game with 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports radio is calling for a linebacker controversey, simple answer, it was only the falcons.

True. But it was the Falcons at their home. IMO the LB played well enough to garner another start. Based on the poor play of our so-called "starters," it's not a bad idea.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I argued about all our injuries and in the end, the kids, particularly the kid off the street, Sharpton, played well (I can't believe they had Sharpton calling the Defensive plays). Vareen's name wasn't called once (which is a good thing), when he came in for Conte (wonder how long he will be out now), Fuller did a great job, the other (5th & 6th) LB's behind Ratliff and Paea's performance in the middle, played real well. Who did we have playing Nickle, but he did a good job on Hester.

Say what you will, but the Atlanta Offense was top 5 in the league so far this year. Well done.

BTW: Think the Bears will have to pick up a Safety this week with Dixon and Conte out. Can't go into a game with 2.

Demontre Hurst. He got the only pick of the day too!?

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I think I have this Bears team figured out, they go and put together a solid performance in all three phases of the game.

I'm pleased as punch at the W, but seriously, :noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But it was the Falcons at their home. IMO the LB played well enough to garner another start. Based on the poor play of our so-called "starters," it's not a bad idea.

Again, I think the our LB's play is predicated on the front four. Ratliff, in particular. In the two games he missed, our D got ZERO pressure on the QB. When the front four is dominating, it makes the LBs look that much better.

I don't think I'd bench our starters just yet, but if they ain't 100% healthy, I have no worries letting em' rest, which is a testament to the depth that Trestman and Emery have built. This is by far the best all-around depth we've had in a LOOOONG time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I think I have this Bears team figured out, they go and put together a solid performance in all three phases of the game.

I'm pleased as punch at the W, but seriously, :noidea:

They have won every game I thought they'd lose, and lost every game I thought they'd win.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have won every game I thought they'd lose, and lost every game I thought they'd win.

Have you noticed that they've lost every noon start? But have won the late games. Need more late games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to Atlanta's drops? Cuz those weren't the results of luck, but the result of fear.

Bears will KILLING their receivers from the opening whistle. Those guys tapped out by the 2nd quarter. No, luck was not a part of that. That was a good, old fashioned whooping they gave out, and it affected the whole game.

Some receivers still catch those. And a few of them (the TE, I forgot his name) came when no one was really around him. I think Jones had one or two like that too.

Either way, we played a very disciplined game on the road and all three phases did what they needed to do to win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I seen was improved play by the Dline, making the LB job easyer. That and 7 dropped wide open passes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think the our LB's play is predicated on the front four. Ratliff, in particular. In the two games he missed, our D got ZERO pressure on the QB. When the front four is dominating, it makes the LBs look that much better.

I don't think I'd bench our starters just yet, but if they ain't 100% healthy, I have no worries letting em' rest, which is a testament to the depth that Trestman and Emery have built. This is by far the best all-around depth we've had in a LOOOONG time.
I agree with everything said.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no doubt. I couldnt believe that was their response on the radio. Falcons had 150 points the first 5 games. Sharpton was hitting holes with wreckless abandon, just like the running backs hit those holes.

Everyone is predicting an easy win against the Dolphins after they damn near beat Green Bay.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who's predicting the Bears to have an easy win against the Dolphins, but as you said they almost beat GB - and probably should have beat them. They've got a tough defense, a good pass rush and have some weapons offensively. It's going to be anything but easy.

Plus we have no idea what Bears team will show up. Will it be the team that racks up a lot of yards but is careless with the ball and under-performs? Or will it be the team that takes care of the ball, scores TD's and is opportunistic on defense?

We'll see. St. Louis, TB, Jax, Oakland and Chicago are the only teams without a win at home.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you noticed that they've lost every noon start? But have won the late games. Need more late games.

I thought about that both before the loss to Carolina, and prior to the win vs ATL. Very possible that it is a coincidence, but we've seen teams have trouble going to certain cities to play, and west coast teams having trouble with noon starts. It's not entirely unlikely there's something to it.

Hopefully we get a noon start win vs Miami next week. They looked very solid vs GB, but at home, I think we should knock them off. However, seeing as how this year has gone, that could mean we're doomed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who's predicting the Bears to have an easy win against the Dolphins, but as you said they almost beat GB - and probably should have beat them. They've got a tough defense, a good pass rush and have some weapons offensively. It's going to be anything but easy.

Plus we have no idea what Bears team will show up. Will it be the team that racks up a lot of yards but is careless with the ball and under-performs? Or will it be the team that takes care of the ball, scores TD's and is opportunistic on defense?

We'll see. St. Louis, TB, Jax, Oakland and Chicago are the only teams without a win at home.

Yeah, no excuse for a team that considers themselves a "contender" to start 0-2 at home. 0-3 would be unforgivable. You've got to win at home.